Chapter 1

Don't let me go

  My name is Iu and I am 10 years old. I met Kim Jonghyun when I was in kindergarten. He was 6 and I was 5, I thought we would never be friends but that all changed.As the years passed we became inseparable, I was always by his side and he was always by mine. Then the day finally came, my birthday. He was standing down stairs waiting for me. After I got dressed he dragged me into his backyard. We were just across the street from each other, so he wasn't far. There was a giant blanket covering a giant tree.  What is this? I said He walked over to the tree, I could call that smile out from anywhere, it was the smile he had on the first day of kindergarten. *Flashback* We were getting into our seats. I looked at the name tag next to me it read Kim Jonghyun. Another kid walked in the classroom, his eyes glittered with excitement, for a minute I thought, "Could that be him?" He walked towards me. Before he sat he introduced himself. Hello my name is Kim Jonghyun, but you can call me Jonghyun for short.  A minute passed as he waited for my response.  And yours is?  Oh. My name is Iu. I'm 5 years old. I stuck out my hand, holding out 5 fingers. I'm 6. He stuck out his hand with 5 fingers up and his other hand 1. He continued. I think we'll be great friends. He smiled the biggest smile and I nodded and smiled back. *End of flashback*  Iu are you coming? I took two steps closer. Come on you slow poke! Ok,ok! But I wasn't ok, I thought for a moment, it was the same feeling I had on the first day of kindergarten, it didn't hurt, it was the feeling something really good was about to happen. I ran to the tree, as he pulled off the blanket it revealed the most beautiful treehouse. Jonghyun I I don't know what to say. How bout thank you. I ran up to him. But you deserve more then I thank you. We were so close that I could feel his breathe blowing down at me. But when I looked up he was gone. Come on Iu! Let's play! I followed him into the tree house it had furniture, pictures and all I've ever wanted. Iu come here! I followed him back outside, out of the treehouse. He had a bucket of paint and a crafting knife. What are we doing? I asked Were going to mark this tree as ours, only ours. He smiled that sweet smile and looked at the tree. We raced to the tree and put our hands in the paint. We smacked our hands on the tree then wrote our name with a crafting knife, by that time it was already 4:00. We ran inside to wash up then back outside to play. We played hide and go seek, color tag and marco polo for an hour then we played tag. We raced around the tree trying to tag each other, then we stopped, we were right in front of each other. Jong- Shhh. He held his finger to my lips. Hold still. I stood still and closed my eyes as he came closer. All of a sudden... Kids dinners ready! It was his mom. I opened my eyes slowly as he opened his. So..... So.... Are you staying for dinner? Sure, my moms all right with that. Ok then.. I'll race you! Ready, on your mark, GO! I ran, but slowly. My heart was beating fast and I felt like we weren't just friends anymore we were more. He called my name and I ran to the table. Oh, hi Iu. Is your mother ok with you staying for dinner? Yea she's ok with it, she's at work anyway. We started to eat, 30 minutes later Jonghyun's dad came home. Honey? Yes? I got the job! Jonghyun and I looked at each other as they cheered and jumped. Then jonhyun finally spoke up. What job? Oh we didn't want to tell you unless your dad actually got it. We will be moving in three days. His eyes widened and so did mine. I could see tears collecting in his eyes. But dad! But they didn't hear him. An hour passed and I finished eating.  Thank you for coming Iu, we enjoyed your stay. I nodded then turned around and walked to my house. I couldn't believe it my best friend, my only friend is moving in 3 days. A tear dropped down my cheek. I unlocked the door and went to my bedroom. I went to bed right away, but the only thing I could think about was him, how could I live without him?