Chapter 03

A Paradise Desired

 

 

Looking through old messages, just to make sure it wasn’t a dream. I feel as if everything before was too good, to perfect, too close to a paradise. But the messages say otherwise.

 

Then why aren’t you here anymore? My heart hurts, everything hurts; I’m shaking in pain.

 

Nothing I say comes out right anymore, nothing I do is right. It feels so wrong without you. But I still see you – you’re not here, but you’re here.

 

I really want you here, next to me, to make looking at you less painful – to let me know that I can reach out and feel you next to me again. I want to be able to hold you, to feel you, to keep you with me.

 

Hoya, please come back.

 

I can only watch you while holding my breath

 



 

 

"Nothing much. I miss you." She smiled as she pushed at buttons on her phone, sending her message.

 

She'd barely walked a few steps before her phone beeped and she looked at it, the words on the screen making her smile. "I miss you too. Ah, where are you? I miss you, I want to hold you. -3- "

 

Chuckling, she began her reply.

 

When the next message came in, she looked at it, tilting her head slightly in confusion as to what the message was saying. "Freeze."

 

Then she jumped, feeling a strong pair of arms wrap around her neck and a soft pair of lips against the base of her neck. "Caught you." Hoya whispered.

 

"You scared me!"

 

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure it was you and that I wasn't dreaming."

 

She giggled. "Of course you're not."

 

"I'm glad. Being with you like this, it's like a dream...a paradise."