Beautiful in Love

Beautiful In Love

A shiver silently crawled up my spine. It was just a little chilly, but I really didn't mind. I continued to drink the sweet liquid in my cup. Not that this part actually mattered. I couldn't even taste the sweetness anymore, I couldn't taste the drink which I usually savoured. Why was that I wonder? I felt my entire body go numb. The only part of my body which wasn't numb was my stomach. I could feel butterflies. Hesitantly, shyly, I glanced to my side. Kyuhyun oppa was sitting right beside me. His eyes were staring down at his empty cup. Or so I thought. He held the straw with two of his fingers, using it to mix the melting ice around. He didn't really seem to notice me staring from the side. He was too preoccupied with something else. I gazed into Kyuhyun oppa's eyes, how were his eyes just so clear and beautiful? I stared through the peaceful silence of sound. I could see a reflection shining in his eyes. I stared a little longer, what was that something I saw?

...A silhouette...

I reluectantly tore my somewhat intense gaze away from Kyuhyun oppa and looked around the crowded room. Who was it? Who on Earth could it be? Soon, I realised what was happening. Even though I was next to Kyuhyun oppa, so close yet so far, I was basically invisible to him. Through the many other people who were in the room, he could only see one person. And that person was definitely not me. Through the dim lights, his eyes watched her with affection and adore. The person who stood out the most, the person who wasn't even as close as I was to Kyuhyun oppa, yet held so much more importance... Her.

...Just her...

I gave a disappointed smile, why was it never ever me? Why was it always her? Why was I the invisible one all of the time? Why was she the only one who shone so brightly like a star? Honestly, she shines more than just an ordinary star. She shines like the Sun. Through the dimness of the room, her beauty was still so obvious. Her eyes were round and pure, shining like diamonds. A rare thing indeed. Her skin was lit warmly, she looked as if she were in a photo shoot at the moment. But of course, she wasn't. Her make-up was light, hardly noticeable. Well, it was not like she really needed the make-up anyway. She was already so naturally pretty.

...So pretty...

I knew already, I knew well. I was not 'ugly'. On the other hand, I was aware of my appearance. I knew that compared to other people, society viewed me as 'prettier'. Although, I am not one to believe in the views of society. But yes, I knew how society saw me. I knew the way that men stared at me. But it was not what I wanted. Not at all. It was not the people who I wanted to view me as beautiful. It was not the people who looked at me the way I wanted them to. Or, well, it was not really 'them'. It was just him. Kyuhyun oppa. He was not mine. He never was.

...Never mine...

Kyuhyun oppa was stealing glances at her. Tiny, unnoticeable yet completely oblivious were his feelings for the other. Feelings which I wished were directed towards me. I already acknowledged the level of affection he gave to her compared to me. No matter how you looked at it, he was her first priority. I was most possibly second. If she and I were drowning, I wouldn't even bother to question who he would save first. I already knew the answer to that. Without a single doubt, Kyuhyun oppa would save her first before even looking at me. But I shouldn't give myself such negative thoughts which only make me pity myself. It hasn't happened yet, so why am I like this? I don't want to think like this, I really don't. Not anymore anyway.

...Not anymore...

I see it. I see her turning to catch Kyuhyun oppa staring at her. They both look away. She blushes lightly, stealing her own glance at him before letting a gentle smile take place on her lips. With grace, style and sweetness she began to walk. It were as if the air itself were lifting her up. Her walking was slow, and maybe just a little hesitant. She stopped behind Kyuhyun oppa. Her breathing was a little heavy, her cheeks were burning slightly. She looked hesitant, shy to talk to him. She shouldn't have been though, after all, Kyuhyun oppa cared for her so much.

...So much...

With much hesitance, she put her shaking hand out and tapped Kyuhyun oppa on the shoulder. His eyes widened as he turned around to see her standing there shyly. She bowed awkwardly, he bowed his head slightly at the sight. She stood there in front of him for about 15 seconds before Kyuhyun oppa popped out a smile and asked her to sit down. She smiled happily and nodded. I felt jealousy rise up at this point. We were both sitting next to Kyuhyun oppa. But even though I was here first, he only talked to her. I questioned whether I should have moved or not. And after hearing her melodious laughter fill the air beside me, I did. I stood up quietly and sat about 4 seats away from them.

...Just lonely...

I heard more laughter, but this time from someone else. I turned to see the Super Junior members, F(x) members, DBSK members, Girls' Generation members and even the Exo members there giggling quietly. They could all see it. The love which the two of them shared with each other. Kyuhyun oppa was hopelessly in love with her. And everyone knew it. They knew it. She knew it. I knew it.

...I knew...

Her heart was wrapped tightly in metal chains and locks. She guarded her heart fiercely, she didn't let anyone enter it. But Kyuhyun oppa was so close, closer than anyone else had ever been before. No, he didn't have her heart yet, but he was just so close to obtaining it. I sighed to myself and gazed ever so bitterly. He just looked so beautiful in love. The way his eyes shined so prettily as he stared at her, the way his lips automatically turned to a smile as she appeared out of nowhere, the way his cheeks would flush a hardly noticeable shade of pink, the way his whole body just seemed to relax at the sight of her... If only it were me.

Kyuhyun oppa, why are you so beautiful in love?





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, just a short one... did you guys like it? I've kind of lost my feel for fanfiction... trying to get it back >_<