60 Seconds

Merely Seconds of Your Time

 

 

 

What a frustrating day it has been. Agh.

 

I was walking around the city with no specific place to go to. The city was noisy and crowded as expected; people living their usual routine-based lives, rushing and being not people-like, if you ask me.

 

I just wanted to clear some space in my mind, and roaming is the only thing I thought of. I don’t even know why this is my last resort. I needed peace but I walked around a busy city.

 

“Genius,” I shook my head and snickered since I’m being dumb again.

 

Anyway, I continued walking; just letting my feet drag me anywhere.

 

I hope I’m doing the right thing though.

 

*I got a boy, awesome boy…*

 

God. I hate this ringtone.

 

My phone has been ringing and I’m guessing she’s already looking for me.

 

“Meh. She never looked for me whenever I’m around. I’m always nothing for her.”

 

I took out my phone not to answer the call but to take a look at the time before turning it off.

 

1:42 pm

 

“Gaa. No wonder I’m hungry. It’s way past lunch time already.”

 

I stopped walking and looked around for a decent place to eat in and I saw a café but that was not what caught my eye.

 

It was this certain girl drinking a cup of tea, I suppose, wearing a white laced dress; not too fancy nor too plain to simply ignore.

 

She was sitting alone just outside the café under that big umbrella to cover her flawless skin from the sun. Though there was kind of no sun to be seen since it’s really cloudy and gloomy now.

 

I looked away and slightly shook my head trying to wake myself up as if this is just a dream.

 

Could it be finally her?

 

It was only after slowly looking back again at her did I realize this was all real.

 

She looked at me and we stayed like that for 60 seconds. Well, that’s what it felt like for me. It was only for 2 seconds though but heck, I don’t care. That look she gave me was not worth just 2 seconds. It meant an eternity for me.

 

I can feel it.

 

I felt my eyes getting bigger and my mouth starting to open wider. I realize all of these things happening but I can’t simply stop it. This feeling has already been in me before but it seems like my body still does not have the antibodies to counter it.

 

Her brown almond-shaped eyes made my heart thump and stop at the same time. Weird but I do not know how else to explain it. My heart beats feeling very alive but it stops feeling that it can already die in peace. Maybe my heart could just explode at this moment. I can’t contain this feeling anymore.

 

It was amazing because I could even hear my own heartbeat without hearing any noise from the people around. It was amazing because I felt it for you, yet again.

 

I knew I did the right thing.

 

I know I’m frozen at the moment but how ironic that I can feel gushing emotions inside me. I can feel my blood flowing throughout my body. I can feel myself getting hotter. I can feel every string of my soul being tugged and tangled with each other. I can feel myself and I know I’m finally alive unlike these people around me.

 

I know I’ve said many things about my feelings right now but I’m reminding you that all of this happened in mere seconds only because she looked away instantly just after looking back at me.

 

Am I too late now? Will I not be a part of your life anymore?

 

I somehow knew it was the end of, what I thought was, something special before.

 

Jessica…

 

After the walk around the city, my mind was not cleared at all. It was even messier now. But I’ve got nothing else better to do than look away and continue walking after seeing the man who sat beside my beautiful lady.

 

This beautiful lady, who was only mine for what felt like 60 seconds, already has her lips trapped between the lips of a man, who loves her less than I do.

 

But I guess I won’t be able to show her how much I love her since we separated. This foolish Yuri was a real fool to think that I even had the chance to be her lover.

 

I know I will never be the one holding her delicate hands, hugging her precious waist and kissing those cold yet sweet lips…

 

But I’ll still love you, Sica. I will never forget how you’ve strangely affected me. I’ve never regretted any of these feelings I had for you and all of these feelings would be enough for me.

 

I won’t ask any of your time anymore. I won’t ask for any reasons as to why I’m left alone. I’ll just be thankful that I had a short love story that I got to spend with you.

 

 

***

 

 

 

And there you have it. It’s a YulSic!

 

It was originally meant to have no names included but I was worrying about how to tag this so it ended up this way.

 

I really like how it ended though woohoo. (I can’t believe I’m cheering for my own fanfic.)

 

This one-shot was inspired by Kim Sungkyu’s 60 seconds if it was still not obvious. I just fell in love with the music video and song when I first saw it and I am now writing this at midnight (though I would be posting this tomorrow when I wake up.)

 

English subs are by Kpopfanzone in Youtube, by the way. I specifically like his'her translation compared to the others so that's what I used in the foreword.

 

Enough babbling from your babbling author.

 

Thanks for your patience of reading these notes from me and please do read my other works. Leave some comments. I really appreciate them.