"If only paper cranes help."

"1000 paper cranes."

Oh Chae Rin's POV.

"Hello, Chae Rin?" Myung Soo spoke through the phone.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you meet me at the park in five?" he asked.

"Okay, sure!" I replied excitedly.

Im at the park now, its half past eight and I'm waiting for my best friend Myung Soo or his nickname, "L" to appear. I only call him by his full name if I'm angry, sad or just hurt. Thoughts flooded my mind on why he wanted to meet me. Maybe he wanted to give me a surprise or or may-

My train of thoughts were interrupted as L shouted in my ear.

"BOO!" he shouted in my ear.

"Oh my god L! You scared me!" I screamed while punching him hard in the stomach.

"Okay okay phew. You're strong for a lady," he remarked while dramatically wiping sweat from his forehead.

"Was that an insult or a compliment?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

"Take it anyway you want lady," he told me, winking at me.

"So, skip beating round' the bush, what did you call me for?" I asked him bluntly and straight-forwardly.

"Oh that." L replied, his eyes shifting around, with one hand scratching his head. "I'd figure we will spend today first then maybe I'll tell you," he slowly told me.

I sensed it. I knew it, something was up. "Kim Myung Soo. Tell me, what is up? I know you, we've been friends since birth, best friends. Don't you dare hide anything from me, Kim Myung Soo. I know from that face you're hiding something. Spit it out," I told him.

"You won't understand," he told me.

"I do, and I will. I am your best friend," I told him, looking at him straight in the eye, placing a hand on this shoulder while slightly squeezing it, giving him support.

"Okay. Fine." he gave up.

"That's it. Just tell me." I reassured that he won't regret telling me.

"I'm moving to Canada tomorrow morning. My flight is at 6am," he spoke everything in a huff.

"W-wait what? I heard moving and Canada. Y-you're not moving are you? Repeat it again," I ordered him, unbelieving those words.

"I am moving to Canada tomorrow and my flight is at 6am. I will be furthuring my studies there," he told me, with his blank stare.

"W-wait. WHAT?" I screamed, standing up. "N-no, you can't go. You can't go. This isn't real. This is a dream. Tell me it is. Tell me you're staying," I went up to him and begged him.

"I'm really going. I have to," he told me while walking away.

"You c-can't go! You're my best friend for 17 years. You can't just come in my life, make a huge impact and leave! I don't even know when I'll be seeing you again. W-we, still haven't done alot of things yet! What about the wishlist we prepared when we were 7? We are not halfway done completing it. W-we, s-still haven't finished building the robot we left off 5 years ago. N-no no no, you just can't go. You are me. Don't you get it? Y-you really can't go. This isn't reality," I sobbed through, with tears b and flowing down my cheeks while grabbing onto his hand. He turned around and stared at me, with marks of wet tears flowing down his cheek. He rubbed his cheek and stared at me.

"You can't go. Kim Myung Soo, speak. Don't just stand there and stare at me. You can't go. There's so much things I have to tell you. There's so much things I have to show you. There's so many things we still haven't accomplished together!" I yelled at him, sniffing my nose. "This isn't real is it Myung Soo? Is this some kind of joke? Yeah, yeah! It is a joke! I don't know anything I don't know anything anymore," I yelled while rubbing my head, making my hair messy. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"You don't just say sorry. You know what? I know, i know.. If I'll make a thousand paper cranes by tomorrow 6am, you won't go. My wish will come true," I told him.

"It won't work, you know that," he told me.

"Yes, yes it will!" I yelled at him, and running to the direction of my house.

"CHAE RIN AH! CHAE RIN!" I could hear his voice calling out for me. But I ran with all my might, I had to get 1000 paper cranes done. I had to get him back before he leaves. He can't go. There's so much I want and need to say to him. That I love him more than a friend. I miss him. I have a crush on him. He can't go just like this. My first love.

I arrived at the doorstep of my house sweaty and looking in a mess. I rushed to my room. "Where is it! Where are my coloured papers!" I yelled in anger as I pulled open each and every drawer hastily while ransacking them. "Finally, I found you," I said while holding them out.

I sat down on the wooden floor as I started to fold them. Like how L used to teach me. Like how he used to teach me. 

I took out a bunch of coloured paper and began to fold them. I could hear L's voice clearly in my head, vividly, like two years ago. "You put this side in, yeah. Then you tug on the wings a little bit, and there, you have it! A paper crane from my heart to yours,". I let a tear escape as I remembered that memory.

My childhood evolved around L. I've done nothing without him. All my memory includes him. He can't dissapear just like that and just leave memories for me to hold onto. Just leave me photos to hold onto. He can't do that. I need him. 

Half past twelve was here. 34 paper cranes was done and I'm left with 966 more. I yawned as my eyes half-closed.

"No, you can't sleep Chae Rin! Wake up, you have to do this," I told myself as I pinched myself hard.

I continued work with. Half past three came and only 100 was done. 900 more to go. I looked at the time. 2 and a half hours before L leaves me. Before he leaves me. And I still have 900 more to go.

"AH I can't do this!" I screamed while kicking everything around.

"I just can't!" I yelled with tears forming and rolling down my cheek. I looked at our pictures and I held them close to my chest. I don't want separations and goodbyes. I don't want them. I laid down on the floor, hugging the picture as    I cried everytime memory of me and L comes bobbing back to me. I don't want him to go. I don't want "us" to go. I don't want to lead a life without me. He can't leave me. He just can't. I love him. I haven't told him that yet. I have to tell him that. I have to tell him I love him. These thoughts ran around my mind with tears cascading down my cheeks as I cried myself to sleep.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOOOOOOO. How was the first chapter? I hope it wasnt ty. Im sorry if it was. Subscribe and comment.

Btw I need a poster for this story. Anyone could help? Thanx.