#HappySungminnieDay

Birthday Kiss

(A/N: Sooo...this obviously didn't happen (yeah that's obvious unless my minwook fantasies are that real) no what I'm saying is MinWook DJ didn't even go to Sukira today because they were at New Year's performance! But instead...TripleS-ELFs got a treat and saw JUNGMIN at Sukira instead! Amazing, seeing he's not even SM blood or something?! Hehehe.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 11.59 PM. The PD gave the signal to wrap up.

“And now listeners, join me for tonight’s goodnight birthday kiss as we wish our Sungmin DJ a happy birthday!” Ryeowook said at Sukira. “1, 2, 3, muuuah!” The clock struck 12. The music came on and the mikes stopped recording. “Hyung, chukahae!” Ryeowook gave his fellow DJ a hug. As they walked out of the recording studio fans were already in tow with gifts and flowers for Sungmin. He took just one, a carrot for his bunny collection.

In the car, the two cute members of Super Junior started playing with the carrot, and were quite fascinated when they found out that the stalk was detachable and there were more baby carrots inside the big one. They then started arguing over which bunny plushie would get the big carrot. Ryeowook thought the smallest should get it because he was always on the side of the maknaes, but Sungmin thought the biggest should get it because he was all for matching sizes and proportions and so in his view the big one got the big carrot and the small ones got the small carrots.

Unknowingly they reached the dorms, and Sungmin stuffed all the carrots back into the big carrot. Sungmin got off at the 11th floor and Ryeowook said, “I’ll come see you later, hyung!” before continuing up to the 12th floor.

When Sungmin entered, the dorm was all dark. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were already sleeping. Ever since Ryeowook had shifted up, it was lonely coming back to the 11th floor alone.

‘Hyung, are you done showering?’ Sungmin read Ryeowook’s text just as he was drying his hair.

‘Yes :)’ he replied.

He was still waiting for Ryeowook’s reply when the front door suddenly opened. “Happy birthday!” All the members were there, including Leeteuk and Heechul because Leeteuk was allowed to go home after doing New Year’s Eve promotions for his musical and Heechul was just…allowed to go home.

“Eh? Weren’t you two sleeping?” Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk.

“Fooled ya! We were just pretending, and sneaked out when you were showering!” Kyuhyun rubbed his hands in glee.

“Evil maknae’s idea,” Eunhyuk added.

“And now, time for the cake!” Leeteuk, who missed demonstrating his leadership among the boys, said. The members parted to reveal Ryeowook holding a cake. Sungmin instinctively covered his face as it was tradition in SJ for the birthday boy’s face to be smashed with the cake.

“Don’t worry hyung, I told them we’re not going to waste my cake this year,” Ryeowook assured him.

“Wow Wookie, you baked it?” Sungmin removed his hands from his face and looked at the cake his dongsaeng had made for him. It had a lovely bunny on it, together with his name written with carrots for icing. “You think just like the fans, Wookie!” he mused.

After the birthday song it was cake-cutting time and Sungmin let the pleading Donghae do it. (He already blew out the candles, might as well let him complete the job.) Ever since Donghae had complained to the whole world that all the members had forgotten his birthday a few years ago, they all felt guilty and so let him blow out the candles for their own birthdays.

The first cut was ok, but on the second, Donghae’s fingers got some cake on them and just as he was about to them, he paused and got a better idea. He aimed straight for Sungmin’s face and smeared the cream right across his cheek. And that triggered it. They all seemed to forget Ryeowook’s warning.

Henry was the first to join in, followed by Eunhyuk then Kangin. They all aimed for Sungmin at first, then started going for the other members too.

“This is fun! I missed the cake-smashing ever since we did it with Zhou Mi in Taiwan last year! Oops, I mean two years ago!” Henry shouted as he ran after Zhou Mi who was thankful for his long legs, not for the first time.

“I guess I could do with a little fun again,” Leeteuk said as he lunged towards a grumbling Shindong who was muttering under his breath how this cake could actually be eaten whole instead of having it all over their faces.

“I really miss birthdays with SJ,” Kangin reminisced as he slapped some cake onto himself.

“Nooooo! My cake!” Ryeowook screamed, hands in his hair, ready to pull the brown strands out anytime.

And so, it was for the consecutive somewhere-close-to-hundredth time (not counting forgotten birthdays and members that weren’t even home for their birthdays) that the SJ birthday cake wasn’t eaten. Only Heechul wasn’t dirty at all as he refused to join in because it would damage his nail art and so the other members just decided to ignore him as well.

After all the mess had been cleaned up and the members were tired and sleepy, the 12th floor members trotted back up, except for Ryeowook who wanted to pack the supplies in the kitchen as he had run out of space on the 12th floor kitchen. When Sungmin entered all he saw was Ryeowook squatting down with his head down, staying very still.

“Wookie?” Sungmin walked towards Ryeowook and squatted beside him. “Ryeowook ah,” he gently patted his shoulder. Ryeowook felt the pat, then found himself falling backwards, about to hit the floor any moment, but was caught by strong arms and found himself resting snugly in his hyung’s embrace. He opened his eyes momentarily and gave a big yawn, before groggily closing his eyes again. Who wouldn’t feel safe and warm in Sungmin’s hug?

“Oh baby, you fell asleep in the kitchen? Come on, let’s go to bed.” Sungmin supported Ryeowook as he struggled to stand. Ryeowook stumbled out of the kitchen and staggered towards the front door.

“Ryeowookie…”

“Yes, hyung?” Ryeowook managed to open one eye and turned around to face Sungmin.

“I kind of miss you on the 11th floor…sleep with me tonight?”

“Ok, hyung.” Ryeowook hugged Sungmin as he leaned into his chest and Sungmin put his hand on Ryeowook’s head.

“Hey Wookie, you know the goodnight kiss on Sukira that you said was supposed to be my birthday kiss?”

“Yeah? Did you like it?” Ryeowook looked up and looked terribly adorable with his half-open eyes.

“What about a real one?”

How could Ryeowook resist his hyung’s smile, and what more he was requesting for it on his birthday, right? Since he didn’t get to eat his cake… Ryeowook leaned closer and gave Sungmin a kiss on the cheek. “Happy birthday, Sungmin hyung. Saranghae!”

Sungmin hugged Ryeowook tightly. “Saranghae, Ryeowookie. Thanks for the cake. I ate a bit, it tasted good,” Sungmin smiled even as he gave a big yawn. “Even I’m getting sleepy, let’s go sleep!”

As they settled down in bed they tried not to make too much noise to disturb Kyuhyun who was already sleeping. How quick. He must have been too tired out from playing Starcraft the whole day. At least that was what he had been doing when they had left for Sukira.

“How about another one?” Sungmin whispered.

“Another what?”

“Birthday kiss!”

“You’re too much, hyung!” Ryeowook half-whined but gave Sungmin a little peck on the lips. Sungmin giggled and kissed Ryeowook fully on the lips again before they both fell asleep soon after.

The next morning, Kyuhyun woke up to find the two angels snuggling together, with the carrots and bunnies on either side of the bed. He smiled to himself. Sometimes he felt like the hyung. It was hard to believe that Sungmin was already 28.