Like A Soap

Like A Soap

 

- Yunho's POV -

 

 

We’re on the phone and you’re mad
what exactly did that guy say?
You tell me about your fight for a while
and you must’ve felt better because you laughed

 

 

I answered my phone when I saw her name popping out on the little screen of my phone. My ringtone " Honey Funny Bunny " was booming loudly as she called him. I blushed red in embarrassment as I swiped the answer button across the screen of my cellphone. I shook my head, trying to delete all the weird thoughts in my mind.

 

" Yoboseyo, Sunny? Anything dear? "

" Oppa ~ It hurts.. so bad. Why everybody seems to cheat on me? "

" Huh? What happened dear? "

" That moron.. Alex! "

" What did he do now? "

" He kissed that from the bar. "

" That .. the bar? What? "

" Oppa ~ Why everybody does things like this to me? They don't love me.. "

" Don't say like that Sunny ah. You're pretty and boys love you. You know that.. "

" Aww ~ Oppa you're the best. I should have just dated you.. "

" Well, I guess.. "

" Nah, we are too friendzoned to be lovers oppa ~ Besides, I have no feelings for you.. "

 

She giggled after finishing the last sentence. " Besides, I have no feelings for you.. " My heart literally felt like it had ripped into pieces. She obviously doesn't love me. She obviously wouldn't give me a chance. Who am I kidding? My heart ached so bad when I know that she's the girl I want but can never have.

 

" Oppa ~ There's this cute little boy there. I'll call you again on Thursday alright? "

" A-ah? Umm.. "

 

She hung up on me and left me, all alone in my own room. Why can't she see that I like her so much? Why can't she see that I'm being sincere and genuine with her? Am I just someone she comes to when she has problems? I'm like her comforting pillow.. someone she can rely on.. someone she can talk to openly when she's upset but definitely not someone she wishes to live with forever.

 

 

On a normal Thursday night,
I hold onto the phone as always
I’m your most comfortable friend
I’m like soap that is lying around close by

Ah my heart hurts, oh why can’t you see me?
Your small room,
the special part of your heart
I want to sit there
Ah, I’m only looking at you but oh why don’t you know yet?
I don’t want to lay around like
white soap that has no existence

 

 

She rang me up again.. as she promised.. every Thursday night. I'm happy that she still cares about me. She talks to me and often tells me about her week and her encounters with boys. It's not that I don't enjoy talking to her but when she brings up the subject of boys.. I feel a huge pang of hurt inside me. The wound in my heart feels so deep especially when I know I don't even stand a chance in dating her.

 

" Oppa ~ Did you miss me? "

" O-oh.. "

" Oppa ~ There's this really cute boy I've met. His name is Minho. He's a hottie. "

" Umm.. that's nice. I'm happy for you. "

 

My heart broke once more at the mention of a guy's name. " He's a hottie. " Am I not good enough for you Sunny? Why is it that you keep dating other guys but you won't even give me, your best friend a chance? Are we that friendzoned?

When she finished talking to me that night, I went to bed in tears. My heart hurt so badly and I know I couldn't do a single thing about it. The doctors won't be able to help me when it's a love - relationship problem am I right? The counselors would often provide suggestions but the suggestions would either be the impossible or the unbearable. It took me a while to fall asleep. My eyes were swollen red when I woke up the next day.

 

 

My heart is burning
like this but you’re yawning
I don’t think I can fall asleep tonight again
But you just say, “Bye, good night”
I want to see you in my dreams

Ah my heart hurts, oh why can’t you see me?
Your small room,
the special part of your heart
I want to sit there
Ah, I’m only looking at you but oh why don’t you know yet?
I don’t want to lay around like
white soap that has no existence

 

 

A week later, I met up with her. I told her that I was seriously thinking of starting a relationship with her. She looked at me wide-eyed when I told her about my idea of getting together with her. She stared at me with disbelieve for what seems like hours to me.

 

" Oppa.. do you know what you're saying? "

" Yes Sunny. "

" You sure.. are you not drunk or something? "

" It's 10 am Sunny. I'm as sober as I can be at the moment. "

" You and me? Dating? "

" You got to be joking oppa ~ "

" I am not joking Sunny. What is so wrong with me that you can't accept me as your boyfriend? Am I not worthy enough as your partner? "

" Oppa ~ I.. I didn't mean to upset you that badly. "

" You don't know Sunny.. you don't know how I feel about you all these while. "

" Oppa ~ I.. I... "

 

 

I think it’s hardening,
I think my heart is breaking apart
At this rate, we will never happen
I can’t wait any longer

Ah my heart hurts, oh why can’t you see me?
Your small room,
the special part of your heart
I want to sit there
Ah, I’m only looking at you but oh why don’t you know yet?
I don’t want to lay around like
white soap that has no existence

 

 

" It's okay Sunny. I understand that I'm never the right guy for you. "

" Oppa ~ Don't say that.. W-We.. could try.. i-if you really want to.. "

" It's okay Sunny. Why bother dating when the other party is not going to be happy being with you? "

" Oppa ~ I'm sorry. P-Please don't talk like that. "

" It's okay. I'll be that someone you can always rely on. That someone you call every Thursday.. That someone you always talk to when you're upset. I'll just be content with that. "

" ..... "

" If you will excuse me Sunny, I need to run some errands. Let's talk on Thursday like always okay? "

 

I rushed out before she could stop me. I jumped into my car and drove off, tears blurring my sight with every second. Never had I ever love a girl that much.. but I guess it's time to let go? My heart is cold and my emotions numb. I no longer know how it feels to be loved by someone. Perhaps someday I'll meet someone who would love me just like how I love Sunny. Perhaps someday I'll be that happy and warm oppa once again.