Maya

How my normal life changed... to this!

You were walking to your best friend's house for a visit. Maya was your very best friend since first grade when she beat up two girls who were bullying you.

 

FLASHBACK

 

It was the you first day in your new school, you were really scared to meet new people at a new school in a new city. You were nervous walking into your new school with your mom.

"Mom, I'm scared" you looked at your mom with a worried look.

"There's no need to be scared. I know it's hard being in a new city and moving can be hard for you, but I bet you'll make lots of new friends" your mom patted your head and smiled at you.

"I don't think so". you said.

"Don't worry. On the weekend I'll take you to the CN tower" she smiled at you.

"What's the CN tower?" you scratched your head.

"You'll see on the weekend" you smiled again at you. "We're here" you and your mom stopped at a classroom numbered '25'.

You just stood there, not wanting to move. You could only think of the bad things that could happen today *What if they all hate me any I have no friends?*. 

Your mom pushed you lightly "Go on in, I'll be going" she patted your head one last time and then she left.

You just staired at the door *I don't wanna go in. I must leave NOW!*. As you were gonna make a run for it, the classroom 25 door opened. A young girl about the same age as you was walking out of the classroom. When she saw you, she froze *Who's is this doll looking girl in front of the door?* she thought. Both of you were looking at each other, not moving or blinking. The stairing contest ended when a tall women opened the door "Katie, what's talking you so long?". You and the girl named 'Katie' looked at the women *That must be the teacher. Now I can't escape this* you sighed.

The teacher looked at you and smile "Ah, our new student, Miss Smith is here". The classroom door was still open so the kid inside could hear. As soon as the words 'New Student' came out of that teachers mouth, all the kids were crowded at the door way, trying to get a glimpse of me. 

I was so embarrassed, I wanted to cover up my face, so no one could see me. I wanted to run away, but I couldn't now. I could hear the comments from the students "Wow. Is that even a person?" "She looks like a doll" "She's pretty" "She's ugly". You frowned at the last comment.

The teacher turned and faced the students "Go inside the classroom" all the students went inside to their seats.

You were still at the doorway, still not wanting to move. The teacher extended her hand "Come on" she said. You slowly grabbed her hand and she lead you inside the classroom.

Inside all the kids were in their seats neatly. You nervously walked up to the front of the room with your teacher.

"okay class, we have a new student in our class today" the teacher brightly announced.

"Oh, really!?" one young boy said sarcastically. The group of boys around him laughed.

"Oh. Be quiet, Mr.Sarcasm" Katie said and the rest of the class laughed.

"So introduce yourself" the teacher gave you a reassuring nod.

"Umm, hello" you said in a small voice "my name is Emily" you staired at the ground and closed your eyes *Ahh, this day is gonna be long* you thought as you toke a deep sigh.

The class fired up with conversation again. Many students were saying how you looked like a doll. You touched your face *I never thought of myself as a doll*.

As you looked at the large classroom full of noisy kids, you saw a group of girls whispering to each other. You could only hear a bit of their conversation "Ugh, a stupid looking doll girl" one said. "I bet she has the brains of a doll" another said and the group laughed loudly.

The teacher got the attention of the class again "Quiet down, class" she said in her soft voice.

"Umm, Emily, you can sit next to..." she looked though the room to find a spot for you "... Jay. Jay raise your hand so she can see you".

You looked through the room looking for that 'Jay' guy. The 'Mr. Sarcasm' from before raised his hand with a smirk.

You slowly walked to the desk next to Jay. You sat down and turned your head to Jay.

He turned his head to you and looked at you with a smirk and he turned back to face the class. He passed a note to you. It said

Dear Doll,

Let's meet in 'Room 2' at recess.

From Jay

You read it over and over, not knowing what to think of it *Is this what 'City Kids' are like? What do their parents teach them?* you thought and you frowned as you read it again *I seem to got the nickname of 'Doll' by the first couple of minutes* you buried your face into your hands with a deep sigh.

The lesson was over quickly and it was time for recess.

You looked at the note and you searched the room for Jay, but he was already gone.

You searched the class for another face "Katie" you called. You saw her and smiled "Katie!" you called slightly louder, but she ignored you. You started to chase her. She ran and you ran after her. Soon you got close and you tapped her shoulder.

She turned around "Oh. Emily, I didn't see you there" she lied, almost too obviously, but you didn't question it.

"Umm, can you bring me to room 2?" you asked as you put up two fingers.

"Why are you going to room 2?" she asked.

"I just have to go there. Can u show me the way?" you really didn't want to walk the way alone.

"Oh sure, let's go" she said quietly as she started to walk, you followed her.

The two of you were walking the way when the group of girls blocked your way *These girls again* you sighed.

They stood there with evil smirks "Hey, Katie what are you doing?" the leader questioned.

"Nothing" Katie tried to run but one of the girls pushed her down first and two girl crowded around her, beating her up.

Your jaw dropped *These people are first graders?!* you knew you were next and you couldn't do anything about it.

The leader girl walked up to you "Hey look, it's the brainless doll" all the girls laughed. The girl raised her hand, ready to punch you in the face. You closed your eyes ready for the impact, but you felt nothing. You opened your left eye and you saw a surprising site. The leader was on the ground getting beat up by this new girl that you didn't know.

You saw her yell at the group of girls "Get out of here!" she said. All the mean girl left and Katie left.

The girl helped you up from the ground "Are you okay?" she asked in her cutie little voice.

"Y-y-yeah, I'm fine" you said.

"You better be more careful of those girls, they're bad news" she told you. "How about I help you out if you need anymore help, and I'm sure you will".

"Okay" you quietly said.

"Okay, Let's be friends!" she said loudly.

You answered without hesitation "Okay, let's be friend".

The two of you went outside for recess. On the floor in the hall where you two were, was the note from Jay, forgotten.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

You were smiling to yourself at the thought of the start of your friendship with Maya.

 

Authors Note

So, here's chapter 2. You like it?

Wait for my next chapter, I'll post soon.

Please Subscribe and Comment :)