Kill This Chorus

When the Day Met the Night

A faint click could be heard as the key snapped into place in the lock. Suzy's well-loved converse made the old wood floors creak as she made her way into the coffee shop. The smell of stale coffee and dish water filled her nose, and not in a pleasant way. She slipped the key ring onto a small hook that hid under the counter. Stepping through the archway that led to the storage, she found an old rag and a bottle of some sort of glass cleaner. With these items in hand, she began scrubbing down the front counter. She then pulled out a spare rag for Min when she arrived. Good timing, too, because when she got back out front, the rusty bells that dangled above the entrance jingled as if to tell Suzy she wouldn't be as lonely for a few hours.

"Hey."

"Hey."

These simple greetings nearly echoed in the silence. Min grabbed the green apron from behind a display case and Suzy tossed her the spare rag. 

"Table duty?"

"You got it."

Min went to work spraying and wiping the tables almost immediately. "So, it's almost eleven. Changmin coming in again?"

Suzy's cheeks took on a gentle rosy shade. "Dunno. I don't stalk him, pabo. What about Yunho? Is he coming in?"

"To quote someone I know, 'I don't stalk him, pabo'. But if he does, so will Changmin. Haven't you noticed?"

"I guess so." Another silence pursued this statement, corrupted only by the creaking of the floors and the squeaking of water on glass as they cleaned. 

 

Ding

Ding

 

"Annyeong!" Suzy smiled and waved at the two males that had entered: Changmin and Yunho. Yunho flashed a grin at Min, who quickly ducked down and hid her blushing cheeks. 

"I'm gonna clean the filter." she mumbled quietly. Suzy laughed quietly and nodded.

 

Max POV

 

There it is.

That quiet, tinkling laughter. 

"Annyeong." Changmin returned her smile and found his usual seat near the counter. It seemed that since they were the only people there, Suzy thought it would be just as well to take his order from the counter. 

"The usual for both of you?" They both nodded in response. "Ara~" She then found the gray and green bag necessary to prepare the orders; they both got the same thing, after all. "How has training been going?"

"Pretty good."

"Tiring as hell." Yunho chuckled, earning a small laugh from Suzy. "But yea, pretty good."

"Good to hear. Same old stuff?"

"Basically. How about you, how's the shop been going?" Changmin was still a bit worried about her, apparently she often had to run a full-day shift.

"Pretty good as well. I haven't been given a full shift in a while." She poured the first cup and set it on the counter. "Whichever one of you want this one." She jerked her head toward the mug, and Yunho got up to get it. She then began the second one. "Min!" she called, hoping the girl would respond. Luckily, the said person came out and leaned on the counter. "Yea?"

"You need to finish wiping down the tables, and put the rags away when you're done. I'll help you sweep after."

"Hey, earth to Max!"

"Huh?" Changmin was shaken out of his daze by a hand upside the head. That hand belonged to Yunho. "Yah! Hyung, what was that for?"

"Aish, you can't just listen in on their conversations."

"Neh, I know. I just..nevermind. Are we free tomorrow?"

"Yea, thank god. Why?"

"I have a plan."

 

"Kay, done!" Suzy called, setting the second mug on the counter. Changmin wiped his sweaty palms off on his jeans as he went to get it. As he reached the counter, Suzy whispered something to Min, who was red as a tomato, before turning to go out back.

"Hey, Suzy." She turned around and raised her eyebrows at him questioningly. 

"Yea?"

"I was wondering...if...uhm..." he paused to clear his throat. "If you'd...like to..." He stopped and took a deep breath, wiping his hands off on his jeans again. "Iwaswonderingifyou'dliketogooutwithmetomorrow?" he slurred quickly. Suzy blushed lightly and nodded.

"Ok, sure~ Could we meet here at about.... noon? We could figure out where to go from there." Changmin sighed a breath of relief and nodded, grinning widely. "O-ok. See you tomorrow." As he turned to sit down, Min sped by him, back to her place behind the counter. "WOOP WOOP!" She cheered, obviously ecstatic.

 

Suzy POV

 

Suzy turned and leaned against the counter, grinning like an idiot and trying to contain her excitement- unlike Min.

"YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!" she cheered loudly. Suzy heard Yunho laugh as the sound met the tinking of the bells when the two guys left the shop.

"GUESS WHAT! YUNHO JUST ASKED ME OUT! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!" she laughed loudly; it was a wonder her cheeks didn't hurt yet from smiling yet.

"And Changmin just asked me out. Guess we both have dates tomorrow~" They kept up idle chatter until closing time rolled around.

 

WEEKS LATER

 

The worry and fear the girls had was well worth it. Tabloids became suspicious and they were told to split up.

 

Suzy dropped her phone in shock as she read the words. Her next reaction was to throw her arms around her boyfriend.

"No, no, no no no no no..." She whispered.

"There, there..." he her hair in an attempt to comfort her. 

"I can't, they can't, they can't do this..."

 

One, two, three teardrops met the cold tiles. The couple had begun to cry at the same time, Suzy's head nestled into her boyfriend's shoulder, and Changmin's cheek resting on his girlfriend's head.

"Unfortunately they can..."

A melancholy silence followed the gentle words.

"If you want...I'll quit.." Suzy's head shot up at these words. "No! No, of course not! I won't let you!" Changmin sighed deeply.

"Arasso...we'll have to.." Suzy nodded as the tears continued to flow. "I know, I know.."

Changmin gently cupped her cheeks. "I'll always love you, ara?" Suzy just nodded, afraid her voice would crack if she spoke. Gripping each other's hands tightly, they made their way outside.

"Seems mother earth is sad for us.." Suzy chuckled weakly. 

Another silence hung in the air.

"We can still be friends though, so...goodbye." Suzy's head hung low as she turned to go. She was stopped when Changmin grabbed her hand, spinning her around. He promptly pressed his lips against hers for a moment before pressing their foreheads together.

 

"..............Goodbye."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HOW WAS IT

im not done yet!

im REALLY in a hurry at the moment, so im gonna give them a happier ending tomorrow..

comments are appreciated~