Love the way You Love Me

Love the way You Love Me

“oppa, stop following me!” Sunny’s yell echoed loudly in the school corridor. Even Sunny yelled at him, Yesung kept following her to explain the misunderstanding thing between them.

“Sunny, please. Let me explain it to you first.” Yesung held both Sunny’s shoulder and pinned her to the wall.

“I couldn’t pick you up yesterday because I was in a test to get a scholarship.” Yesung stared at the girl he loved. He hoped that she would believe him.

“but Boa unni told me that she saw you with a girl yesterday.” Some tears kept falling from her round eyes. Yesung wiped them with his delicate finger.

“I will never leave you for another girl, I’ve promised you remember? Stop your cry. You believe me, right?” Yesung’s genuine smile finally made Sunny smiled again.

“okay … I believe you, oppa. I’m sorry, I was mad at you.”

“let’s just forget it. I’ll walk you to your class.” Yesung held Sunny’s hand. They walked together to Sunny’s class. He felt relief because his girlfriend didn’t mad at him any longer. He loved her a lot and didn’t want to lose her. But behind those happy scenes, there was someone who hid behind a pillar that didn’t like the scene. She went back to her class with a smug face.

Boa POV

The things that happened between Yesung and Sunny this morning was really pissing me off! I wished they will fight and finally broke up, but they made up! I have to make another plan!

“oppa! You know I don’t like red bean paste and milk! Why did you buy me bungoppang and banana mat uyu?!” it’s Sunny’s yell again. It’s been a routine to hear her yell every day. She uses to yell at him every day, every time.

“I’m so sorry. I will buy another food, okay?” then I see Yesung goes to buy food and leaves Sunny by self. I better use this chance.

“hi Sunny…”

“eh, unni. Let’s have lunch together.” She pulls a chair beside her.

“I would like to but I already had my lunch.” I decline softly. This standing position make me easier to run if Yesung comes.

“unni, I’ve asked Yesung oppa about what you said yesterday. But he told me that he didn’t go out with girl. He was having a test.”

“maybe I saw someone else yesterday. Sorry to make you worry.” I pretend to make an apologetic face.

“that’s okay, unni. It’s not your fault.” She smiles at me. Silently, I put my book on the table.

“I guess I have to go back to my class. Bye Sunny.” I wave at her and walk as fast as I can to my class. Okay, let’s wait and see Lee Sunkyu.

Sunny POV

“Boa unni, you left your book!” I yell to her but she keep leaving the cafeteria. Maybe she can’t hears me. That’s okay. I can return it to her class. Luckily she’s Yesung oppa’s classmate.

“here’s your lunch, miss.” Yesung oppa shocks me with his appearance. He brings a bowl of ramyeon and a glass of lemonade.

“gomawo oppa~!” I take the ramyeon and eat them. While eating, I take a glance at Yesung oppa. He’s eating his bulgogi now. He’s a cute and kind guy. I feel kinda bad to yell at him anytime. I mean, he doesn’t deserve to be yelled. Jinjja, mianhaeyo oppa…

“Sunny baby, why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?” he realizes I stare at him. I quickly look away.

“n.. nothing oppa…” I smile at him. He smiles back at me before eating his bulgogi. His smile never fails to melt me. The thing about him that I love the most.

Author POV

The bell rang, it was the sign that the class was over. All the 3rd grade students were going out the class, except for Yesung and Boa. Yesung was still putting his book back inside his back pack while Boa did also. The class was really quite since there was none other than both.

“Yesung ah …” Boa sat beside Yesung to get his attention.

“yes, Boa?” Yesung stared at her and stopped his hand work.

“I see that your girlfriend always mad and yell at you. I mean, the whole school know about it.” Boa started the conversation.

“ah, that’s fine. I get used to it.” Yesung said while smiling.

“you must be feel tired of it some time, right? just be honest to me.” Yesung took a deep breath before answered her question.

“actually, I would like if she just being more gentle and not emotional. But with her just like this, it doesn’t really bother me. I love her just the way she is.” Yesung smiled, remembering the fool things Sunny had done.

“you can change her, I can help you if you want.” Yesung looked up when he heard Boa’s offer.

“really, how?” Yesung asked her with sparkling eyes.

“well, you just have to make her know that she’s the only girl you love.” Boa smirked seeing Yesung fell to her trap.

“I always did that to her.”

“just try to do it to me. I mean, let’s pretend that I’m Sunny. now you have to assure me that I’m the only girl you love, okay?” Yesung thought a bit then nod.

“okay.” he prepared a bit before started his act. “Sunny ah, you know that I love you with all my heart, right?” Yesung asked Boa while holding her hands.

“you lie! I saw you with that girl this morning!” Boa’s act like Yesung did. She used that sad face.

“believe me, there’s none else in my heart. It’s just you …” Yesung smiled to her. Before Boa could reply him, the stopped by a sobbing voice.

“hiks .. hiks …” both Yesung and Boa looked at the door. There was Sunny with tears on her face.

“Sunny ah~!” Yesung stood to caught her. But Boa held his hand.

“don’t do that. she’s not stable now. You better talk to her tomorrow.”

“but … but she …” Yesung tied to let go Boa’s grip.

“believe me.” After that, he sat back with his heart kept worrying about Sunny. He didn’t want Sunny to mad at him and broke their relationship.

Yesung POV

Since yesterday, I kept trying to call Sunny but she never answered my call. Then I sent her a message. I said I’m sorry and wanted to meet her in Triangle café. Luckily she agreed. I asked Boa about what should I say to her.

“you just have to tell her that we were just doing an act.”

“but, what if she didn’t believe me? And what if she gets mad?” I doubt with Boa’s advice.

“she will, don’t worry. If she gets mad, you just have to rise your voice a bit.”

“it would make her hate me more.”

“but you have to tell her about everything you feel. This is what makes a relationship last long, communication.” I nod at her. I guess she’s right. all this long, I never told her that I didn’t like her emotional side.

Sunny POV

I can’t forget what happened yesterday. My boyfriend and my senior that I treat as my own sister, they cheat behind me! I mean, we’ve been in a relationship for a year! Maybe, he just gets bored with me? Since then, Yesung oppa called me hundred times but I didn’t answer one of them. Then he sent me a message and asked me to meet him in Triangle café. Now here I am, waiting for him.

“Sunny baby, I’m sorry for coming late.” Yesung oppa comes with sweat on his face.

“just tell me what you want.” I say with a cold tone while drinking my juice.

“I just want to explain about what happened yesterday.” He holds my hand but I pull my hands quickly. “listen, me and Boa, we were just do an act yesterday. Nothing more.” His excuse makes me laugh. Why should he did an act? I mean, he’s not a member of theatre club or acting club.

“just stop making an excuse! You should just tell me if you sick of me!” I yell at him. Really, I can’t control myself now.

“baby, please listen …” he tries to hold my hand but I quickly get up and hit the table.

“no! your excuse is such a fool excuse! Why would I believe you? So you can keep your relationship with both me and Boa unni?” I say it sarcastically. I don’t care with people’s stare. I see his face get redden. I don’t know whether it’s because of mad of shame.

“just stop saying nonsense and hear me for a second, could you?! You never knew that all this time I hold my anger when you yelled at me! I just be patient and patient like an idiot! But I have my limit, and it’s already over my limit! I do this all because I love you! I thought you’ll change someday. But seeing this, I guess I’m wrong.” He yells back at me. I’m shocked. It’s the first time he uses a high voice to me. Tears roll down my eyes heavily like a rain.

“enough! We better go on our own! I don’t know you anymore!” with that, I leave the café. I run as fast as I can even tears still streaming down my face. I hear Yesung oppa calls me I don’t care anymore! He’s not my Yesung oppa anymore!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It’s been 4 days already since we broke up. Each day I see that they become closer, Yesung oppa and Boa unni. I see them laughing together in the school park. Yesung oppa seems so happy beside Boa unni. He smiles so carefree, unlike when he was with me. I hope you happy loving another person.

Boa POV

I’m glad that finally my plan to make them broke up really worked! And since then, I’m becoming closer and closer to him each day. It means my chance to get him as my boyfriend is getting bigger.

“Yesung ah, wait a second, okay?” I stop my laugh after I see her peeking behind the bushes.

“Sunny ah…” I shock that shorty girl.

“u ..unni … what’s wrong?”

“I don’t like you stare at him like that. Do you want him back to you?” I said sarcastically with both my hand on my belly.

“nno.. unni, no … I see that he’s a lot happier with you.” She says and looks down. I let out a smirk.

“then stop bothering us! You see that he’s happy with me. So just leave us alone!” with that, I get back to where I was with Yesung.

Author POV

Few months later

Today is the farewell party for the 3rd grader. Last year, Sunny sang a song with Yesung called ‘one year later’ in this event. This song brought them together until they made a relationship. But this year, seems like she’s going to sing a solo song.

“hi Sunny!” Boa got closer to Sunny with her arms lingered to Yesung’s.

“h..hi unni, oppa ..” Sunny greeted back awkwardly. Yesung decided to keep silent. They stayed like that, no conversation until they heard Sunny’s name being called.

“I guess… they need me in the back stage.. so .. see you.” Sunny quickly got away from them. She couldn’t stand to see how close they were.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

All eyes were now on that girl standing on the stage. It was Sunny. In the right note, she started to sing.

Always just getting mad at you
That was me
I haven't done anything for you
I'm sorry

Never listening to what you had to say
And always just making you cry every day
That was me

I'm sorry that you met a person like me
Not receiving love and only leaving behind hurt

I'm sorry
I'm sorry

I know that I cannot live without you
Finally now

Scoldings to not skip a meal
I cannot hear those anymore

Your letter and picture is still inside my drawer
Although it means nothing anymore
Although you're not next to me anymore

But I can't forget you
But I suppose you are holding another person and loving them

What can I do
What can I do

I know that I cannot live without you
Finally now

I suppose you have erased me now
I suppose you are happy loving another person now

What can I do
What can I do

I know that I cannot live without you
Finally now (SNSD Sunny - Finally Now English Translation)

People clapped their hand after the song ended. She ran down from the stage right after, couldn’t hold her tears any longer. Yesung got what Sunny meant by that song. He wanted to catch Sunny but Boa held him.

“where are you going?”

“I have to …”

“can you do it later? I have something to tell you, it’s important.” Yesung hesitated at first, but then he followed her because she pulled his hands. They got in to an empty classroom.

“what is it? Tell me.” Yesung asked Boa once they arrived in the class.

“I just want to tell you that … “ Boa pulled and held yesung’s arm. “saranghae …”

“what?!” Yesung immediately let his hand free from Boa’s.

“saranghae. I really love you, Yesung ah. I’ve been loving you ever since the first grade.”

“no! this is sick! You … you can’t love me! I just can’t!” Yesung ruffled his own hair in frustration.

“is it because of her? Because of that damn girl named Sunny?!” Yesung couldn’t hold his anger after hearing Boa’s words.

“stop saying that words! She’s not like that!” Boa got closer to him, he kept backing away from her.

“can’t you see another girl around? In this case, me? Sunny dumped you!” Yesung started to think. And now everything was clear. She was the one that broke him and Sunny apart.

“wait, I get it now. So this was all because of you! You were the reason Sunny got mad at me! All your advices, and the act we did in the class, they were all your plan to make me broke up with her!”

“I have to do that! If I didn’t, I will never get you.” Boa caressed Yesung’s cheek. He pissed it away.

“don’t touch me! I feel so sick of you! I never thought you could be like this, I thought we were friends. But now, I don’t think we can even be friend.” Just then, Yesung left her to find Sunny.

Sunny POV

I can’t hold my tears since the first note played. I know I’m such a fool to pick that song. But I wanted to show my feelings to him with this song even at least I cry because of this. I this corridor, finally I can let out all my tears without none knows.

“I’m so sorry oppa, I’m sorry …” I say between my loud sobs. I sit on the floor while hugging my knee, burying my face in my hands.

“uljima, jagiya …. “I hear a familiar voice with a pair of hands that I miss so much. I look up to see his face right in front of mine. He is too close, I can feel his breathe on my face. He kisses me softly. I hurriedly stand up and get in the nearest class then lock the door. I lean on the door while controlling my heartbeat. Just then, I hear the door is knocked.

“baby, please open the door. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry to yelled at you at the café. I never mean to hurt you.” He doesn’t stop saying sorry and knocking the door. My tears rolls down again. Now I don’t know what to do. I can hear he’s mumbling something, not mumbling… but he’s singing a song.

Today, i wander in my memory
I’m pasing around on the end of this way
You’re still holding me tightly, even though i can’t see you any more
I’m losing my way again
 
I’m praying to the sky i want see you and hold you more
that i want to see you and hold you more
 
It can’t be if it’s not you
i can’t be without you
it’s okay if i’m hurt for a day and a year like this
it’s fine even if my heart’s hurts
yes because i’m just in love with you
 
i cannot send you away one more time
i can’t live without you
 
it can’t be if it’s not you
i can’t be without you
it’s okay if i’m hurt for a day and a year like this
it’s fine even if my heart’s hurts
yes because i’m just in love with you
 
my bruised heart
is screaming to me to find you
where are you?
can’t you hear my voice?
to me…
 
if i live my life again
if i’m born over and over again
i can’t live without you for a day
You’re the one i will keep
you’re the one i will love
i’m…yes because i’m happy enough if i could be with you (Yesung - It Has to be You English Translation)

After the song ended, I quickly open the door and hug him tightly. I cry in his embrace like there’s no tomorrow.

“baby, I’m so sorry … I don’t have any special relationship with Boa ..”

“I know, oppa …”

“she got me in a trap. I regret to follow her advices.. “

“I know oppa, I know it …”

“I love you … want you be my girlfriend again?” Yesung oppa whispers softly on my ears.

“I love you too … yes, oppa. I want to.” Just then, Yesung oppa releases me and stares at me. He uses his thumb to wipe away my tears.

“oppa … I’m sorry, I always getting mad at you..” I pout at him. I know I’ve been a bad girlfriend back then.

“that’s okay, baby ..” he says with his deathly angelic smile. Now I realize, I love him a lot, everything about him. His smile, his stare, and his voice, that’s all make me realize that I’m the most lucky girl in this world to have him.

“but oppa, you know … that’s the way I love you …”

“and I love the way you love me.” Then he kisses me again, longer this time. Yeah, this is what true love means. Love the way your lover loves you.