The Note

I Fell Inlove with Her because of My Best Friend

 

“Take care of her for me, Kyungsoo…” Baekhyun said before took a deep breath in his pain.

Kyungsoo reached his best friend’s hand and hold it, “No. You need to stay alive and take care of her.” He said with a stern voice; controlling his tears in the same time.

“My time has arrived… I can’t stay here too long…” Baekhyun replied.

Kyungsoo shook his head frivolously, “No, you can’t leave us like this, what about our promises and dreams? You forgotten all about it?”

Baekhyun shook his head a little, “I never forget our promises but I can’t stay here anymore, I’m tired Kyungsoo…”

“Remember you are the one saying, ‘Don’t give up until we succeed’? Why you give up already?” Kyungsoo pressured Baekhyun more.

“I’m not giving up anything, Kyungsoo even when I’m gone I’ll always be with you no matter what… Don’t worry okay?” he said while pointing to his heart.

“I’ll always be here for you. If you felt lonely or sad just hold your heart and tell me what’s wrong okay?” Baekhyun continued with after released a sighed of pain.

Kyungsoo just lowered his head and nodded,

Baekhyun smiled before tightening their holds, “Now could you promise me take care of Jieun for me?”

Kyungsoo looked deeply into his eyes before saying, “I will take care of her for you.”

Baekhyun let out a small smiled before closed his eyes, “Could you please close the door if you want to leave? I’m tired I want to sleep...”

Kyungsoo released Baekhyun’s hand and stood up and walked to the door but before he could exit the door Baekhyun’s voice stopped him, “Love her for me too.”

He turned back to Baekhyun; unfortunately Baekhyun was closing his eyes and his breath become more rhythmically.

He let out a deep sighed before exit the hospital room and closed the door slowly,

He let out a forced smiled when a nurse passed by him and enter his best friend’s room; maybe for a daily check-up.

Suddenly he heard an emergency alarm from Baekhyun’s room make he turned back.

“Lee call doctor! The patient collapse!” Kyungsoo heard the nurse shouted before ran back into the room.

Kyungsoo felt like his legs was stuck on the floor make he stand there for several minutes before he snapped and ran to his room.

“I need paddle! His heart beat stop.” He heard the doctor said while seeing his monitor.

The nurse put gel on the paddles and let the doctor do his works.

After several try Baekhyun’s heart beat still in flat-line.

The doctor sighed, “Byun Baekhyun, time of death 17:45.”

Hearing that words Kyungsoo’s knee felt so weak make he dropped from his stands.

His tears dropped one by one, “B-Baekhyun…”

That’s the last word he muttered before he felt his world black.

Kyungsoo fluttered his eyes and tried to wake up, but a massive headache came back from his movement.

He held his head while looking his side, “A-Auntie…”

Baekhyun’s mom looked at him with the tears on her eyes make he felt a pang of pain came back into his heart.

He still can’t believe his best friend had leave him; facing this horrible world alone.

“H-He’s gone, Kyungsoo…” Baekhyun’s mom said before started to hug him.

He felt tears dropped from his eyes again before he hugged Baekhyun’s mom back.

“H-He is my only child I have… Why he leaves me?” he heard she mumbled against his shoulder.

“God loves him more than us do, Auntie. Be strong auntie I’ll be here for you.” He reassured before released their hug.

He slowly stand up, “Let’s see him for the last time.”

She just wiped her tears and followed Kyungsoo.

He held his chest, “Baekhyun, its hurt…” he muttered to himself.

The nurse allowed them to enter the corpse room.

There he was, with a calm face.

“He didn’t look like he is dead, he is sleeping…” he can hear Auntie’s whisper.

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun’s face for a last time, memorizing all his figure.

He can felt a hot water trailed off from his eyes again; all the memories with Baekhyun flashed into his mind like a broken tape.

He held his chest for second time, “Baekhyun…it’s really hurt…”

Kyungsoo slowly opened Baekhyun’s door and enter,

The blue colour of his room gave a calm feeling to whom that enters the room.

He slowly sat on his bed and caresses it, he will miss it, and sure he will.

This is the place where they always playing game, talking about their crushes, study group and sleep over.

He went to Baekhyun’s study table and reached for the frame, placed beside his window.

He Baekhyun’s face softly before let out a sad smiled.

He put the frame back and went to the stack of book Baekhyun put corner of his room, Baekhyun is really a nerd.

When he went through his book he found a photo album, he opened it and revealed loads of pictures of a girl.

‘So this is Jieun he was talking about…’ he thought when he saw a scribble side of the album written; Jieun, my girl <3

He go through the album, he admitted this Jieun girl is beautiful. Everyone will attract to her.

Kyungsoo can felt how much Baekhyun love this girl, everyday he will take a picture of this girl and save it.

My best friend was a good stalker he thought.

Suddenly he remembered his promise towards Baekhyun;

“I will take care of her for you.”

“Love her for me too.”

He let out a sighed before put the album into his bag and exit Baekhyun’s room.

He is ready to meet this Jieun girl.

Kyungsoo tried so hard for searching the girl that Baekhyun had been saying for a long time.

He even searched the girl in the internet; after several hours he surfing he finally found the girl’s name.

“So her name is Lee Jieun huh?” he mumbled before jotted down her information.

“Maybe I need to ask Jongin about this since he knows people at here better..” he said before closed his laptop and laid himself on the bed.

He reached Lee Jieun’s photo, “What are so special about you actually?” he said while staring intensely at her picture.

Kyungsoo woke up extra early and get ready to find Kim Jongin or more familiar being called Kai.

He grabbed his phone, wallet, notebook and not forgotten the photo album.

He went to the café nearby; where Kai have been working for almost a year.

“Yo Kyungie! What are you doing here so early?”

Kyungsoo turned to the source of the voice, “Jongin! I need your help.”

Jongin raised his eyebrows, “That’s weird you never ask my help…”

Kyungsoo let out a small chuckled, “That’s why I need your help.”

Kai shrugged his shoulder before sat down across Kyungsoo, “So wassup?”

Kyungsoo let out the photo album and showed it to Kai, “Whoa, are you a stalker of this girl man?”

“No, this is Baekhyun’s. I’m trying to run some errands for him because he doesn’t have enough time.” He explained roughly.

Kai nodded slowly, “So what you want me to help?”

“Err, do you know her? Could you give me some of her info for me?”

“If you want to ask about this girl you can ask everybody here, she is famous at our college, Kyungie.” Kai said with a smirk.

Kyungsoo raised his right eyebrows, “Really? I don’t know her…”

“Because you’re too engrossed with your studies. Look even Baekhyun have time to look for a girl.” Kai replied.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Whatever, just give me her information.”

Kai let out a sighed, “She is Lee Jieun but more famous with the name of IU. She is the same age with us. Taking Arts course.”

Kyungsoo nodded while jotted down her info, “Err, since she is famous do you know where she can always be found?”

Kai let out a chuckled, “She is just behind you.” He said before pointed, behind Kyungsoo.

He stopped jotting down and looked behind him, and no lie that girl is so beautiful!

He can’t take off his eyes from her, not because Kai’s loud clap he thought he eyes can’t ever leaves her.

“See, she is that beautiful for a nerd like you to gawk right?” Kai said before let out a cute beamed.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes for second times, “Is there anything else I need to know about her?”

“You need to know everything about her, but since you are still amateur I think that’s it.”

Kyungsoo looked back on his note,

*Kyungsoo’s note

Lee Jieun/ IU

19 y/o

Art course

Hang out @ café.

He packed his things and stand up, ready to leave the café.

He took a last glance at Lee Jieun before start to walk.

When he at the entrance door he felt something weird if he didn’t start his plan now.

He walked back into the café but now he walked straight to Jieun.

“Err, excuse me?” he started.

The girl turned around before let out a polite smiled, “Yes can I help you?”

He passed a post it note to her, “Bye.” He said shortly and walked out from the café with a big smiled.

Lee Jieun looked at the boy weirdly until the figure disappeared,

She looked at the note and open it,

‘You stand out among the people, Good morning.

Have a nice day :)’

It’s just a simple note, the words written in the white clear note with a black ink pen but successfully make her heart beat skipped a beat.

‘Wait he didn’t tell me his name…’ she thought.

From that day, Kyungsoo always send her a note but before she can say anything he will disappear from the café.

Today was not different from any days; Kyungsoo entered the café after several moments searching for a figure he finally found her.

He went closer to her and taps her shoulder, “Excuse me?”

Jieun turned around most immediately; seems like she also had been waiting for Kyungsoo’s appearance.

He passed the note and leave just like that.

Jieun quickly opened the folded note and read it,

‘My post it notes had been ran out. Let’s meet face to face.

Library 4.30 pm See you there! ;)’

Suddenly Jieun’s heart beat fasten, ‘Is he boldly ask me for a date?’

She looked at her watch, ‘I have 7 hours and half…Why are you so nervous exactly, Lee Jieun?’

She let out a sighed, right now she can’t deny that she falling for this anonymous person that has been sending her sweet note everyday.

Kyungsoo constantly tapped his pen on his book nervously, while waiting for Jieun’s appearance.

A sudden tapped on his shoulder make he turned around; almost hit the person who was behind him.

There was Jieun with a sheepish smiled, “I’m sorry for making you waiting.”

She bowed awkwardly make Kyungsoo let out a chuckled, “Don’t be so formal with me…”

He stood up from his seat and packed up his things, “Let’s go.”

Jieun furrowed her eyebrows, “Don’t you say to meet you here? Where are we going?”

Kyungsoo gave a soft smiled, “Yes I said we meet here but I need to show you something.”

She just nodded before followed Kyungsoo exited the library.

Suddenly Jieun pulled his right hand make he startled and abruptly stopped walking.

“Wait, where are you going to take me? Besides I don’t know you how I can believe that you won’t do anything to me?” she uttered with a stern voice.

Kyungsoo looked straight to her, “Do I look like a bad person to you?”

“Well, my friends said don’t just deceive with their looks, maybe you are some or psychotic that had been released from asylum…” she replied.

Once again, he let out a chuckled, “I’m not a and I’m not a psychotic. I’m one of student here.” He said before showed his student card.

Jieun read the card, ‘So his name is Do Kyungsoo… Taking Engineering Science… Smart student…’ she thought.

Kyungsoo saw Jieun day dreaming before pulled her to his car, “Get in.”

Without a words Jieun enter the car and fasten her seat belts, “Aren’t you going to tell me where we going to?”

Kyungsoo started the engine, “Why you kept asking the same question? You will know when we reach there.”

She let out a defeated sighed before kept quiet along the journey.

After 40 minutes journey, they arrived.

Jieun looked outside the window car, “Why are we at cemetery?”

Kyungsoo opened the door car for her, “You will know really soon.” He replied shortly before pulled her deeper at the cemetery.

After a while, they stopped at the certain cemetery,

They just kept quiet and stared at the cemetery; Jieun looked at Kyungsoo, “Why you bring me to here? Who cemetery is this?”

“His name is Byun Baekhyun. He also the same age with us, was studying Accountant at the same college with us.” Kyungsoo started.

Jieun just kept quiet, signaling Kyungsoo to continue his story.

“He was an easy-going, cheerful guy until one day he was being diagnosed for brain cancer. The doctor told him that he can live only for 1 year and half but miracle happen when he bumped with a girl. Since then, he kept following the girl and captured her pictures for his memories. He afraid to approach the girl, maybe because his life span shorter day by day. After 1 year and half he success to live for 3 months more make the doctor surprised, but finally he gave up and dead. He just dead 2 weeks ago. But before he dies, he makes his best friend to promise him to take care of this girl and maybe be with this girl for him and right now his best friend trying to make his wish come true.” Kyungsoo gulped his saliva before looked at Jieun.

“The girl I had been saying is you, Lee Jieun and the best friend of Byun Baekhyun is me, Do Kyungsoo.” He said before walked closer to her.

He slowly took her hand, “I know you might think I’m crazy or what… but I’m going to do this.” He slowly kneeled down in front of her.

“Would you be my girlfriend, Lee Jieun?” he said while pulled out a blue velvet box, revealing a simple diamond necklace.

Jieun just stared at him, she felt like there is a big rocks stuck in .

She was still absorbing all the information, story and confession from Kyungsoo, who she just know and right now is proposing her.

She pulled her hand back to her side, “I-If Baekhyun don’t ask you to promise to take care of me…. Will you proposing me right now?”

He looked deeply into her eyes and stood up, “I fell in love with you when the first time I saw you. At the first time I saw you, my heart swear that you’re the one for me.” He said softly.

She look stared at him for a long time before looked away, “If I reject you will you kept pursuing me Do Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo wore a calm face before answered, “If that you want, I will do everything for you.”

She slowly reached his hand, “I’ll give you a try…I guess…”

Kyungsoo smiled widely before hugged her, “Thank god you accepted me!”

Jieun hugged him back with a happy smiled wore at her face.

Suddenly, he released the hug, “Erm, you don’t accept me because you sympathy with my story right?”

“If you don’t tell me about this I still accept you because I fell in love with you from the first day you send me the note.” She beamed cutely.

Kyungsoo let out a smiled, “I LOVE YOU LEE JIEUN!” he shouted all of sudden.

“Yah, it’s cemetery for god sake. Don’t go shout just like that you fool.” Jieun said while gave a soft slapped on his shoulder.

He just let out a laughed before gave a peck on her cheek, “You know what?”

“What?” she replied while putting her head on his shoulder.

“I fell in love with you because of my best friend, Byun Baekhyun.” He said before gave a kiss on top of her head.

=END=