Chap17

June 28 Sequel: Daehyun or Jongup?

 

“Hyung! I heard you’ll reopen your dance studio.” Zelo said.

“Oh yeah, you can join me whenever you’re free especially during the weekends.” Jongup said.

“Jinjja? Assa! This is daebak! Thank you so much, hyung!” Zelo jumped in happiness.

“Yah! Choi Junhong, get your in here! It’s time to study.” Youngjae, who became Zelo’s tutor, demanded.

“Ne.” Zelo pouted and followed Youngjae.

“Guys, Appa sent me a message and he said they’ll be late from work.” Himchan announced. “Jaekyung-ah, it means we’re in charge of cooking.” He added.

“Let’s start, then. I’m already starving!” you said.

DINNER TIME

“Woah~ smells good!” Jongup said.

“Wait a minute, where’s Daehyun-oppa?” you asked.

“Oh, he’s already asleep. He’s been feeling dizzy since this morning.” Youngjae said.

“You guys should continue eating; I’ll just go and check on Daehyun.” You stood up and went to the DaeJae room.

He was there, lying on his bed, asleep. You touched his forehead and his body temperature was quite high. You hurriedly went to the kitchen and made some porridge.

“Jaekyung-ah,you should eat first.” Himchan worriedly said.

“I can take care of myself later. Daehyun has a fever and he needs someone to take care of him.” You said.

While waiting for the porridge to get cooked, you looked for some face towel and a basin to put the warm water in.

“What’s with that kid? She got caught kissing with Jongup earlier, and now worried to death about Daehyun.” Youngjae said.

“Mwo?! The two of you kissed?! I knew she would pick you!” Zelo cheered. Jongup blushed.

After dinner, Himchan washed the dishes. Youngjae continued tutoring Zelo. Jongup went to the DaeJae room.

“Jaekyung-ah, eat your dinner.” He peeked from the door.

“I’ll skip.” You said.

“I’ll look after him. Just go and eat first, please?” he begged.

“Alright.” You sighed. Right after you finish your dinner, you hurried back to the DaeJae room.

“Thanks for looking after him, oppa.” You thanked Jongup and he went back to his room. Youngjae, then came in.

“Jaekyung-ah, you can stay here and sleep on my bed for tonight if you want.”

“Are you sure? What about you?” you asked.

“I’ll sleep in your room.”

“Okay. Thank you, oppa.” You said.

You dampen the towel using the warm water in the basin and put it on Daehyun’s forehead.

“Oppa.” you shook him a little.

“Oh, Jaekyung-ah? What are you doing here?” a hypnopompic Daehyun weakly said.

“You have a fever. I’ll stay for the night to take care of you.”

“I’m fine. You don’t have to worry; I can take care of myself. I’ll be better by tomorrow.” He said. You gave him an ‘I insist’ look.

“Arasseo.” He said in defeat.

“Here, have some porridge. I made that myself.” You proudly said.

“Really? I bet this tastes delicious. Thanks.”

After eating, Daehyun noticed that you’ve fallen asleep on the side of his bed. He chuckled.

“Aigo~ this kid said she’ll take care of me but look at her now, already asleep.” He admired your sleeping face. He put the dish on the side table and carried you bridal style. Instead of laying you on Youngjae’s bed, he laid you on his.

*I’m not taking advantage of her. I’m just doing my best shot.* he smirked and lay beside your sleeping figure.

“Goodnight, my princess.” He whispered and pecked your lips; he embraced your waist and went to sleep.

=.=.=.=.=.=

The next morning,, you felt someone’s arm around your waist; you opened your eyes and the surrounding wasn’t familiar.

*This isn’t my room.* you thought and noticed a sleeping Daehyun beside you.

*Omo! Did I fall asleep last night? Ah~ Jaekyung babo!* you lightly hit your head as you remember what happened last night. You touched his forehead; he still has a fever but his temperature was lower than last night’s. You tried to remover his arm but it was so heavy and you didn’t want to wake him up.

A tear escaped his eye. “He’s sleep-crying?” you whispered and wiped the tear away. He woke with the sudden touch; you quickly remove your hand. “Mian.” You mumbled. He just smiled.

“I thought you were going to take care of me?” he pouted.

“Jeongmal joesonghamnida. I’ll make it up for you; I’ll cook you breakfast!” you cheered him.

“Gwaenchanha, I was just kidding.” He chuckled.

“But still, I’ll make you breakfast.” You said.

“Okay, my princess~” he cooed. Both of you giggled.

“Why were you sleep-crying?” you asked.

“Was I?” he asked back. You nodded.

“I-I was probably having a sad dream.” He lied; the truth was he keeps thinking you chose Jongup and he’s sad that he only has a few time left with you.

“Is that an effect of having a fever?” you joked.

“Maybe?” Daehyun said. Both of you laughed.

“Thank you, anyway, even though you just fell asleep.” He teased.

“Don’t make me feel guiltier. At least your temperature went lower.” You meronged.

“I still have a fever though... because you fell asleep.” He kept putting up that topic. You just pouted.

“Alright, alright. I was just teasing you.” He said. You chuckled.

“I see that my aegyo still works with anyone doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, it does.” He hugged your waist and pulled you closer to him; your foreheads and noses were touching which made you blush. He closed his eyes and you knew what exactly he’s going to do next. Your lips were barely touching when the door swung open.

“I’m very sorry. I thought you guys were still asleep.”

Daehyun annoyingly turned to the guy. “YOO. YOUNG. JAE. Do you know how much I love you?” he sarcastically said.

“Of course, I love you too.” Youngjae rode along. “I guess I’ll just come back later when you two are done. Just continue what you were doing; I’ll be leaving.” He motioned the two of you to continue and closed the door.

“What a guy. Still doesn’t know how to knock.” Daehyun shook his head. You chuckled and stood up from the bed.

“C’mon, let’s wash up. I have to prepare your ‘special’ breakfast.” You dragged him with you.

“Arasseo, you don’t have to drag me.” He whined. You didn’t listen and kept dragging him.

 

As the day passed, Daehyun was feeling better and thankfully, his fever went away. Days had passed and it’s the day everyone has been waiting for, the maknae’s 19th birthday.