One More Chance

One More Chance

 

Daehyun's  POV
 
On a cold December afternoon, wearing a thick jacket and a scarf. Here I'am at a cafe down the street drinking a cup of coffee. Here, at this cafe, I still remember it like it just happened yesterday. The day when I asked her to be mine. Even the day when everything we've been through, shattered like glass.
 
~Flashback 4 years ago~
 
3rd person's  POV
 
Kring! Kring!
 
" Hello?" you answered your phone at its second ring. It was 3 in the afternoon when your best friend, Daehyun  called. 
 
" Hey, I was wondering if your'e free tonight? " you can sense that his nervous through the way he talks . 
 
" I have nothing to do tonight, wae? " you replied.
 
" Well, I was wondering if we could meet later at 7 at the cafe down street? " Daehyun asked.
 
" Sure, why not. " you answered.
 
Daehyun's POV
 
" Yeah, bye. See you later. " I ended the phone call.
 
" Phew, that was  easier than  I expected." I whispered to myself.
 
I looked at the clock. It was only 3:30. I realized that I still have more than three hours to get ready. I think a nap would be great.
 
I woke up around 5 in the afternoon. I think I should get my outfit ready. I picked out a white shirt and black jeans and a jacket. I took a shower then dressed up. I took my scarf and wrapped it around my neck. And don't forget the necklace that I will give to her.
 
Jisun's POV
 
It was already 6. I think I should go get ready so I won't be late. Im really curious why Daehyun wanted us to meet at a cafe. I mean, if he has something to say why can't he just say it through  the phone? Aish, I'm talking to myself again. I took out my white shirt and my jeans. I also took out my purple cardigan. I also prepared my black boots and my bag and scarf.  I dressed up and put my important thing in my bag including my phone and wallet.
 
 I went out of my apartment and locked the door. I twisted the doorknob twice to make sure that it's locked. I waited for the traffic light to turn green so I can cross the street. I arrived at the cafe then I opened the door. It made a Cling! sound indicating that there's a customer. I looked around the cafe then I spotted  Daehyun looking at my way with a coffee in his hands while giving me a goofy grin. 
 
Daehyun's POV
 
I arrived at the cafe 5 minutes early. I ordered a cup of coffee while waiting. While drinking my coffee, I heard the door of the cafe opened then I instantly turned my head towards it where I saw Jisun. It looks like that she was searching for me. When our eyes met, I gave her a goofy  grin.
 
She made her way towards my table while I was fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.  When she sat down, she called the waiter and ordered a hot chocolate. Then she turned her attention to me. 
 
" Hey. " she gave me a warm smile.
 
" H-hey. " I quickly ducked my head. I can't believe I just stuttered. Aish, so embarrassing. I heard her trying to prevent a laugh coming from her lips  I looked up and I saw those deep brown eyes looking at me. I can't help to be mesmerized by those brown orbs. I woke up from my daydream when she cleared . 
 
" Soooo? " she started. " Is there  something that you have to tell me? " she asked.
 
" Yeah, it's just that- " I was interrupted in the middle of my sentence when the waiter arrived. 
 
" Here's your order ma'am. " I noticed that the waiter gave her a flirtatious  smile accompanied by a wink. It clearly shows that his flirting. Doesn't he think that I might be her boyfriend and I can shut the living daylight off him? Aish, chincha! 
 
" What where you saying Daehyun-ah? " she asked.
 
" It's just that- " I glanced at my left and I noticed the waiter was still there staring at my Jisun. Wait, did I just  called her MY Jisun? Well, she's gonna be mine later. Hmmm, I think I have a perfect plan in mind. 
 
" Yeobo. " I suddenly held her hand. She was surprised by the way she looked. was a little open and her eyes are bigger than usual.  I glanced at the waiter and saw that his mouth was agape and his face was flushed red because of embarrassment. I restrain  myself from laughing because of his priceless expression. 
 
" E-excuse m-me. " I cant really stop my laugh now. I mean, he stuttered an d embarrassed  hisself at the same time. I looked at Jisun and I saw that  she was  giggling unlike me who cant stop laughing. 
 
" Hahaha, did you saw his face?! It was priceless! " I threw my hands dramatically in the air. 
 
" Yeah, that was funny but don't you think that it was a little mean? " she asked. 
 
" I don't really think so. I mean, is there any guy that would let a random stranger flirt with their girl! " I asked her coolly then I took a sip at my coffee. I looked at her and u saw her looking at me puzzled. For a few moments, she realized what u actually ment.  She blushed a tint of red.  She was actually cute like that in my opinion.
 
Suddenly she looked down at her feet and I saw her playing with the hem of her shirt. I took her hand and I saw the look on her face that she's surprised. 
 
" Jisun-ah, I know that this is unexpected but, I really liked you ever since our first year in high school. I don't really know  how but I know why. You're a simple girl that doesn't care about her physical appearance. You're not like the other queenkas that kept clinging at any boy that they found interesting. You're not like them that makes their face a coloring book. You're not like them that are attention-seekers. I really love your simplicity. " I started. I can see that she's stunned by my speech, but I'm not yet finish. 
 
" But, that's not the only thing that I love about you.  It's also the way you care about the people that are important to you. The way you deal with the safety of others than your own safety. The way you  take care of me when I'm sick. And i would do same thing for you. You're so important to me, that I'm afraid to lose you. So, Park Jisun, will you be mine? " I held out my fist then I opened it. There in my palm lies the necklace that I bought for her.
 
" Omo! I d-don't k-know w-what to s- say. " she stuttered. I restrained myself from laughing. She was just so cute. 
 
" A simple 'yes' would make me happy. " I gave her a cheeky smile. 
 
" Y-yes. " she replied. 
 
" You're  stuttering. " I . 
 
" A-am n-not. " she argued.  Shes just so cute. 
 
" What is that I hear? " I pretended to put my hand beside my right ear and leaned at her. 
 
" I still hear that your stuttering but I'll let that pass 'cause I love you. " I gave her a goofy grin. And yet again she blushed a darker shade of red
" Soooo, is that a yes? " I asked with another goofy grin plastered on my face again.  She giggled softly and reached over the table then pinched my cheeks softly. 
 
" Ouch.  " I pretended that it hurts. 
 
" Omo! Did I pinched you I hard?! " she carefully rubbed the so called 'sore' spot. 
 
" Hehe, not really. " I gave her a cheeky smile. She playfully slapped my arm. 
 
" Is it that fun to tease me? " she seamed to be angry but failed 'cause she was giggling. 
 
" Not really. But can I do the honor to put this necklace- " I held the necklace  by its lace while the 2 connected heart pendant spins by itself. 
 
" to the one that I love? " She gave me a soft smile. I went up of my chair and went over her then I put the necklace around her neck.  After I finished, I went back to my seat to see her admiring the pendant. 
 
" Its beautiful. " she whispered softly. I held her hand that was resting on the table and intertwined our fingers together. 
 
" I love you Park Jisun. " I lifted her chin using my free hand an kissed her. It was suppose to be a simple peck on the lips but it turned into a passionate one. When we broke he kiss. 
 
" I love you to Jung Daehyun. " she gave me another peck on the lips. We spend the rest of the time at the cafe chatting and laughing. 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Daehyun's POV
 
I let out a sigh. I will never forget that day. If that Kang Minji didn't come we could still be enjoying this day, our supposed to be 4th Anniversarry together. 
 
~Flashback 2 years ago~
 
Jisun's POV
 
" Kang Minji-imnida. Please take care of me. I carefully studied her moves. It seems like she's nice until...
 
" Ms. Kang, you cad sit there at the empty spot next to Mr. Jung. Mr. Jung, kindly raise your hand. " I saw Daehyun raise his hand boredly. I saw Minji skipped her way over her seat with that familiar twinkle in her eyes.  That twinkle that I see in Daehyun when we're together. That familiar twinkle of someone in love. 
 
Daehyun's POV
 
Aish, what kind of teacher is this? He won't even let me sit next to my girl and he let a random stranger sit next to me.
 
 Aish,Does this girl know privacy? Really, I mean, she keeps bugging me throughout the lesson. I promise you girl that if I fail the test next week you're dead. 
 
Bring!
 
The bell already rang. I quickly packed my things and went over to Ji-Ji. While he was packing her stuff,  I stole a quick peck on her lips. She was surprised. She put her hand over her lips and looked at me. I gave her my signature goofy grin. She finished packing her stuff and I put my arms around her waist. We walked casually toward the exit of the classroom when Minji appeared. 
 
" Oppa- " she batted her eyelashes at me in a flirtatious manner. Can't she see that my arms are around my girl's waist that clearly shows that im taken. Aish, chincha. 
 
" can you tour me around the campus? I dont even know where my next class is. " she's totally hitting on me. I looked over at Ji-Ji and she's clearly beyond pissed. 
 
" There are many other boys out there that's willing to tour you around the campus Minji-shi. " she looked around and saw that the other boys are waiting for her glance at them while the other girl are pissed   because Minji catches the attention of the other guys. She looked at Ji-Ji, wait she didn't look. She glared at my girl. I went in front of Ji-Ji ad returned the glare to her. Now she's the one who's clearly beyond pissed. She harrumphed at us then walked out with those crazy fan boys following her. I looked over at Ji-Ji and saw that she's relaxed now. 
 
" Let's go at the cafeteria now. " I intertwined our hands and led her. 
~~~~~~~~
 
Daehyun's POV
 
That Kang Minji was a pain in the . Shes such a evil brat. She's the reason why we broke up. I don't even know how she knew about our meeting place for our 3rd anniversary.  I was supposed to give Ji-Ji a promise ring that we will be married to each other when we graduate college. I couldn't believe that my nightmare came true. Our anniversary was supposed to be full of hugs and kissed not full of tears and heartbreaks. 
 
~Flashback 1 year ago~
 
I was running in an alley. I was chasing a crying silhouette. When I got closer, it wasn't just an ordinary silhouette but my girl's silhouette. I ran faster and catches her wrist. She pry her wrist from me and starting slapping my chest. I held her wrist And said
 
" It's just a misunderstanding! " I don't even know where that came from.  I don't even know why we're running. 
 
" I had enough! " she screamed at my face. 
 
" What I saw at the cafe was enough! " tears are continually pouring down her face. 
 
" I thought you love me! I trusted you! " she slapped me on my right cheek then. 
 
I woke up. I frantically looked around and saw that in still in mu bedroom. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 2 in the morning. I wiped my forehead and noticed that I was covered in sweat. I buried my face in mu palms and that's when I realized that I was crying.  I got up and looked at my mirror and it's true that im crying. My eyes were puffy and red. I  think that I should get some rest for later. 
 
So far so good, I didn't have nightmares for the rest of the night. I woke up around nine in the morning and prepared my own breakfast.  After I ate my breakfast, I took a shower and wore some casual clothes. I took my phone and called Ji-Ji. 
 
" Hello? " 
 
" Hey Ji-Ji. Can we meet at the cafe down street later at 2. I have something to show you. " I requested. 
 
" Sure Oppa. I'll see you later. "
 
" I love you. " 
 
" I love you too. " I hanged up then prepared my outfit for later. I arrived at the cafe 10 minutes earlier. I checked my pocket if I have the ring with me. I ordered a coffee while waiting for Ji-Ji. I was looking around when I saw Minji walking towards my table. 
 
Minji's POV
 
My plan is going smoothly. Daehyun Oppa arrived at the cafe 10 minutes earlier. I have enough time to do my plan. I was sitting at the far corner of the cafe watching his every move. He ordered a cup of coffee then started looking around. I checked my watch and it's 3 minutes before 2. I walks towards his table then our eyes met. I sat at in front of him and I saw at the corner of my eye that Jisun is coming in. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him hard. 
 
Jisun's POV
 
I walked at the entrance of the cafe and searched for Oppa. I looked around and saw him kissing another girl. But not just any other girl, it was Minji. He seemed so immersed in the kiss that's why I slowly walked backwards out of the cafe and ran. When I was near an alley, I heard him calling my name. I took a turn towards the alley when he caught my wrist. 
 
Daehyun's POV 
 
I was shocked when Minji kissed me hard. I tried to push her off me when I heard the door of the cafe. I pushed her hard and looked outside. There, I saw Ji-Ji running away. No, she shouldn't have saw the kiss. I glared at Minji and said. 
 
" This is all your fault! " I ran after my girl and called her name but she didn't looked back. She only ran faster.  I saw her turn in an alley an that's when I caught her wrist. She pry her wrist of me and started slapping my chest. I grabbed her wrist and said
 
" It's just a misunderstanding! " wait, I think I heard this before. I saw this scene before! No, my nightmare can't be true. 
 
" I had enough! " she screamed at my face. 
 
" What I saw at the cafe was enough! " tears were continually pouring down her face. 
 
" I thought you love me! I trusted you! " she slapped me on my right cheek, threw the necklace at me and ran away. My feet was stuck on the ground. I can't believe that everything we've been through shattered like glass. 
 
~~~~~~~~ 
 
Daehyun's POV
 
That was the last time I saw her. I still have the promise ring that I should have given to her here in my pinky. If only I have one more chance.  I would explain everything to her. I was awaken in my daydream when my phone rang. I checked the caller's ID and it was my best friend Youngjae. 
 
" Hey Daehyun, where are you? Me and the guys are here at Zelo's house. Wanna come?  " he asked. 
 
" Sure, I'll be there. " I hanged up then payed for my coffee and walked out.
 
I passed by an old playground and I saw a girl, sitting at the swing by herself. I stopped and took a closer look at her and thats when I realized that she's not just a girl, she was my Jisun. This is my chance. This is my chance to clear every misunderstandings. I walked at her at a slow pace but each step I took, I noticed that I fasten my pace.  There I was, in front of my first and last love. She slowly looked up when she noticed that a shadow was hovering her.  She was shocked, was a little agape and those brown orbs were bigger than usual. Tears started falling out of my eyes and also hers. I kneeled down and embraced her so tightly like my world depended on her. Slowly, I felt that she was slowly hugging me back. Nothing can explain my happiness. Tears  continued streaming down my face as each moment passed. After  a few minutes, we let go and I stared at her eyes. I whispered 
 
" I'm really sorry. Everything that happened a year ago was just a misunderstanding. I didn't ment to kiss her, she kissed me forcibly. I- " I was cutted in the middle of my sentence when she placed her finger on my lips. 
 
" I know that. Im also sorry because I didnt hear you out. " she softy whispered. I took the ring out of my pinky while she was curiously watching my every movement. I held her hand and
 
" Park Jisun, will you marry me? " I held out the ring to get and I can see that tears are starting to form at her  eyes. Not just any tears, those were tears of joy.
 
She slowly nodded her head and said a soft yes. I slipped the ring on her left hand then kissed her passionately. I'm so happy right now, that nothing can really explain it. Thank you, thank you for this one more chance. 
 
------------
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy it.  
Sorry if there are any errors.