Chapter 23

Dyscalculia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: As I mentioned before, the next few chapters are MyDarlingLove's idea :) Do check her out and I dedicate this chapter to her as well :) )

 

********************************

I was doing my work when a package came in for me. I glanced at the clock on the wall and realized that I've only been inside the office for two hours and suddenly there's a package sent to me so early at work? I wasn't thinking much and I quickly accepted the package from the delivery man. I stared at this fancy big box in front of me and wonder, who could have send me these. I noticed that there was a note attached and god, isn't that my mother's handwriting? I sighed and undo the ribbon to see what is inside the box. So, not only has my mother set me up for a blind date with a stranger, she also bought me some fancy new dress which I am expected to wear to the date. Am I not making enough money to buy my own clothes? Jeez.

Well, I guess I'll give her credit for choosing a dress that is my kind of style. I took it out and came flowing a dress that is lilac in colour. It is a knee length dress with small flower details on it and I think I'm in love. Where did she get this and why couldn't I find something like this whenever I'm out shopping? I put it back inside the box and placed it under my desk and I send my mother a quick message of thanks. The idea of going to the blind date is not very appealing to me, but I guess the new dress made up for it. The only reason I agreed to go on this blind date because I had dodged swiftly the last five blind dates that she had set me up with. She promised that if I go meet this guy and I don't like him, she'd never make me go on a blind date ever. And that got me thinking: who is this guy that she is so insistent on and why does she seems so confident that I would like him? If she wasn't, she wouldn't have made that kind of promise to me. Well, I would benefit either way, right? I'll show up, engage in small talks, I'd tell my mother I'm not interested, and she'd be off my back. Sounds like a plan.

 

************************

I uttered a word of gratitude to the ahjumma who had served me a bowl of dwaenjang-jiggae. It was still a bit early than my normal lunch hours. But since I came in early for work and barely ate anything, I thought I'd take a break now. One of the advantages of working at YG and as someone who holds a relatively important position at work as well. I took my tray of food and settled comfortably at the nearest table. It feels nice for a change that the cafeteria is not noisy and bustling with hungry colleagues. I was about ten minutes into my meal when I heard hurried footsteps from a distant, followed by loud yelling and, "Nunaaaa!"

I could have recognized that distinct nasal voice anywhere. I was surprised by the sudden noise, that I started to choke on my food. I started coughing violently and tears welled up in my eyes as the spice in the soup got stuck between my throat and nose.

"Yah look at what you did!" I heard Seung Hyun scold Seung Ri and I felt Seung Hyun's hands hit my back gently in an attempt to relieve me from my discomfort. Ji Yong handed me a cup of water and I quickly downed it. The coughing fit has now stopped and I glared at Seung Ri, to which he was smiling apologetically. Seung Hyun begins to rub my back in a circular motion as he sat next to me. I could feel my face growing warmer by the seconds and I am pretty sure that my face is turning red. Well, I could just say that it was because of the soup if anybody started asking questions.

I could feel something flowing out of my nose and before I could reach for the tissue, Seung Hyun was already wip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter