Final

When Two Worlds Collide

Donghae’s brows were furrowed as he stared at some scars on his chest, the little bleeding had stopped after Hyukjae had finally given into his whining about how he doesn’t want the blood interfering with them and Hyukjae had oh so persistently cleaned it up, adding a bandage to it and cooing at how badass his Haehae looked, his ‘Haehae’ did not look amused.

Instead Donghae had tackled him onto the bed and the two had had their much awaited intimacy after which they sat cuddled up in the warmth of Hyukjae’s huge regal bed.
“Your bed’s way more comfy than mine...well if I dare call mine a bed” he snorted, face beaming as his eyes took in Hyukjae’s features one by one, his sharp jaw line, his dark distracted eyes with his soft brown hair falling close over them, as if absorbing the sight to last him another year and he let out a soft sigh “ I-I wish we didn’t have to wait for a whole year...it’s so hard really” he murmured, pouting in the end while his fingers the milky-white jawline. Revealing a softer side to him, almost as if the brutal pirate behaviour was just a charade that led him to the one he loved.

Hyukjae rolled over to face him, propping himself up on his elbow and gave him a small tentative smile, fingers tracing over the scars he’d left on his chest. Ones among many, making him feel less guilty about leaving them there. “You sleep in a hammock right?” He questioned dark oval eyes wide with curiosity, having never really seen the outside world. Many tales from his childhood were all he had to rely on as to what Donghae’s life really was like. Part of him wished he could just go with him, but he’d be killed upon sight he was sure. He wasn’t one of them. And Hae would never be like him either. All they had was this one day, and Hyuk knew that sooner than later... Donghae’s ship would be sailing again and he’d have to leave.

“Hae-...” He whispered, stubbornly turning his dismal expression away from him, swallowing the lump in his throat and hoping he wouldn’t notice.

“Stay.” He pleaded, knowing he uttered that word almost every year and the response was always the same. He knew really it was inevitable... their lives prohibited them from really staying together.

Hyukjae never intended for this, he waited all year just for one sacred moment with him, and then it was gone but the heartache remained. He hadn’t gone to their meeting place on purpose, he was trying to hide from his pain, distance himself and move on.


Donghae wanted to lighten up the atmosphere seeing how Hyukjae’s heavy voice was bringing a stinging sensation to his own eyes he smiled that smile, that had probably been one of the reason for why Hyukjae had  fallen in love with him and cuddled closer, his breath tickling Hyukjae’s ear “Silly I’m always here with you, in your heart and you are in mine...unless you got a replacement for me which brings me to my next question why was your pretty not over at our meeting point?” He pulled away to hover over him while feigning a  hurt look plus a raised eyebrow, lips scrunching out a bit while his hands went to  subtly tickle Hyukjae’s sides “ You shall be punished for disregarding our oath, boy” he mock growled and began to tickle his beloved without any mercy.

The idea of a replacement amused him, the very idea of being with anyone else... or anyone really considering he only saw Hae once a year. But yet he managed to fall in love with him more every annual occurrence, and he’d turned down plenty of offers of female companions until his father grew tired of asking. Distracted Hyukjae placed his hand over Hae’s heart, cupping it as if he could keep it here with him, if he could get a grasp of Donghae’s very being maybe he could get him to stay too. “Because.” He whispered. It hurts too much. I miss you too much. I never know if you won’t turn up one day. He’d these thoughts milling in his mind all season yet he couldn’t voice them he just gave Donghae a pained look that he hoped he understood. Hyukjae tried to keep his expression straight but it was hard, smiles were shared that had been locked away all year and he bared his teeth at him in a gummy smile, trying to slap his hands away and shove him out of his bed. “Careful peasant i can easily have you beheaded next time.” He told him with a smile, his reaction delayed as Hae carried out his assault, eyes creasing up and attempting to roll away from him and bury his face in one of the soft plush pillows, laugher vibrating into them. “Stop-” He pleaded, laughing maybe a bit too loud, an odd sound that emanated false pain, pitiful whimpers of laughter that only Hae was lucky enough to see on an annual occasion.

“Nevarr” he roared over his own laughter because Hyukjae’s laughter was contagious and it had Donghae’s shoulders shaking too, getting more into it he straddled the boy, trapping him as he sat on his thighs and  increased the intensity, hands everywhere and a wide smile in place.

Hyukjae’s eyebrows rose, well and truly pinned beneath him he just grinned ridiculous laughter rolling out of his mouth, slapping aimlessly at his companion with the hopelessness of not being able to contain it. Bucking his hips to try and get him off him. “Hae-” He screamed, seemingly forgetting his place before slapping a hand over his mouth.
Panic stricken something in him had him trying to prise his hands off him, dark brown eyes wide with concern.


Donghae giggled his happy expressions suddenly falling when he realized the shout was indeed too loud he didn’t have enough time to realize his guard was way down for someone who was currently sneaking into hostile territory, the door banged open and loud shouts of “HALT” and “ UN-HAND THE PRINCE” were soon cut off since the guards witnessed a pirate and the Prince in bed together.

At Least donghae managed to smirk in their face as he slowly got off Hyukjae, but never letting go of his hand as he squared his shoulders, glaring possible death in the eye, his fingers only tightening around Hyukjae’s hand.

Despite the fact that all Hyukjae wanted to do was burying his head in his hands, in complete dismay at how things had turned out he made a distracted grab for Donghae, knowing the further away from him he was, the more danger he would be in. With his fingers curled possessively around Hae’s tugging on his arm pleading with him not to start things with him. But things were already started, and there was no undoing things now. Pulling the sheets up underneath his chin, dark ashamed eyes running over the clothes and weapons strewn over the floor, forgotten about.

Although Hyuk was usually optimistic he could see how things might end now... and it only made his death grip on Donghae’s hand grow stronger. Don’t take him. The light was changing outside, the sun would be rising and Hae’s ship would be sailing. He knew he would prefer him to be on it right now, because at least it would promise him returning next year.

But instead he was in the strong grip of the castle guards who were currently trying to drag him out of Hyuk’s grip and undoubtable into the dungeons where everyone but Hyukjae thought he belonged.

Before Donghae’s fingers slipped through Hyukjae’s hands the blonde flashed him the bravest and brightest smile he could manage while being dragged off “ i’ll be right back my Lord” and then he was gone, dragged like an inanimate object of no worth, not knowing where he was being taken or what would happen but at least he had this one more meeting and even if it was death coming his way, he’d die content. He closed his eyes while he was flung inside a stinking cell, the sound of slamming barred doors vague while he recalled Hyukjae’s giggles and then it was his laughing face in front of him. It’s said before dieing the precious faces passed through your mind, he smiled warmly, heaving a sigh knowing exactly whose face he would see before his last breath.

---

Hyuk was on his knees, last resorts led to everything pouring out, his desperate pleas not as strong as he intended for them to be, he was shaken, things hadn’t gone as planned and a routine that stood solidly for years between the two was now broken, and he could only blame himself.  He'd never asked for much, and he supposed that could both strengthen the point he was trying to make but then it was also a downside. This was something bigger than his father could probably have anticipated, the split lip he'd earnt from his moment of panic, bursting into his fathers chamber and demanding ludicrous things, was enough evidence for this.

"My own son having betrayed the laws of nature." He growled, dark eyes glowing with the need to strike out at him again.

Hyukjae's own eyes grew assertive as he got to his feet. "If you love me, you'll let him go." He spat and it was clear by the look on his fathers face that maybe he loved him no longer now that he realised just who Hyukjae really was.

Angry and betrayed, knowing this had nothing to do with the fact that Donghae was a pirate, but rather that he had anything and everything to do with Hyuk, and that was enough for his father to hate him.

Running, confused civilians trying to piece back their lives, Hyukjae tried not to think about the fact that some of the turmoil that had been put on their little town might be some of Donghae's doing.
He was too selfish to be king.
He wanted to be one thing, with Donghae.
Security was something that obviously slacked around here, Donghae got into the castle, and Hyukjae could certainly slip his way into the dungeons. Guarded, but by people that knew not of the true reason that one certain pirate was behind bars. It was easy to demand entrance, eyes running over pirates, some with missing teeth, none as attractive as the one he was searching for.
All looked at him with the same disgusted glare, but there was one who had yet to look at him, crouching down Hyukjae cared not for the current state of the floor, but rather for the guy who he was reaching through the bars for. "Hae." He whispered.


Donghae was trying to hang on to a silver thread of hope as he leaned against the dark corner within the cell, only dimly lit with moon light that made it’s way through a small window, too small for Donghae to crawl through sadly. So when he heard Hyukjae’s whisper he thought it was just his memories running wild or his already wild imagination but something made him open his eyes, something made him crawl closer “ Hyuk..?” he whispered, eyes going wide and even though his circumstances were not in accordance he could not help the wide open-mouthed smile as he scrambled over, quickly slipping his hands out as much as he could to cup Hyukjae’s face, speechless, wanting to say so much yet not knowing what to. “ Hyukjae oh LORD HYUKJAE” was the excited whisper, trying to restrain himself from attempting to squeeze through the bars. “Hyuk it’s dangerous...damn what happened, who touched you?!” His smile dropped, anger dripping in his tone and dread on his face as he softly caressed under the cut on Hyukjae’s lip, worried eyes questioning “Hyukjae...”

Hyukjae was scared of losing him again, forehead creasing in concern at someone overhearing them he just wanted to silence him.
Preferably with his lips.
Dipping his head away from Hae’s hand when his fingers brushed over a bruise on his lips he sighed, although there was a strong look in his eyes, one filled with childish determination. “My father. I’m going to get you out of here Donghae.” He whispered fiercely, placing himself down cross legged on the floor, arms reaching through the bars of Donghae’s imprisonment trying to curl into him but with the harsh reminder of metal pressing into his ribs it was no such embrace, with his forehead pressed against the cold bars he closed his eyes, close enough to feel Hae’s breath on his face but it wasn’t close enough. “Can’t we go somewhere... i can get you out... we could-...”

Donghae in the air and crouched down to peer at Hyukjae “ Hyuk...Hyuk...listen to me look this isn’t safe for you don’t be silly we can’t melt these bars.” he bit his lips, hands snaking out craving to hold Hyukjae’s hands in his and squeezing them he pleaded “ You go..just go...I’ll take any opportunity to run but I’ll run to you I promise..” he pressed his face against the bars to get as close to Hyukjae and tried to smile at him sadly that’s when the King’s guards were heard making there way towards the two, vague voices saying “orders” and “execution” rung in his ears and he swallowed, tear finally b in his eyes while he clenched his jaw as he tried to drink in as much of Hyukjae’s face through his eyes as he could, a shuddering whisper “ Hyukjae..please..I’ll come to you...”


Hyukjae shook his head upon hearing those words, he was in denial that he was one of the second most powerful people in the country, yet he had absolutely no control over Haes imminent death sentence. "No." He whispered, fingers biting into Donghae's completely reluctant to let go unless he could go down with him. Closing his eyes tightly as if that might be enough to rid the guards of their existance, as if it was just the two of them, he could feel the cold metal digging into his stomach when he tried to force himself closer to him. If they were going to take Hae they could take him too.

And soon enough they did take him, but they were forcing them apart. Desperate brown eyes lifted to lock with Hae’s speaking words that couldn’t be said in the presence of others and Hyukjae wished he had the guts to shout them out but instead he just leaned forth, lips barely brushing over the corner of Donghae’s mouth, before he felt firm hands locking around his elbows, trying to prise his hands away from their death grip around the bars. He was a fighter, he'd been fighting Hae for years and he could feel the rebellion bubbling up inside of him, something that had been lingering inside of him for a long time coming.

Growling under his breath, letting one hand go to slam his elbow back, rewarded with a sickening crunch of one of the men’s noses.
More were flocking in their direction, the chaos attracting attention and it wasn't long before Hyukjae was overpowered. Fingers sliding away from Hae's one by one he didn't go without a fight, twisting around like a feral cat in the grasps of a predator, screaming at them despite the tears rolling down his cheeks.
"NO! ...Donghae---"
It wasn't until his father strode down the dimmed corridors that all the fight went out of him. Looking his father straight in the eyes he gave him a slow gummy grin before turning his attention back to Hae. "I love you." He said firmly, despite the guards trying to drag him away before they could reach the pirates ears.

"The platform is ready my lord."

-----

Battling the sorrow and anger, offensive hands grabbing and pulling while he dug his feet in the ground, gripping at it with his shoes pressed down he grinned widely, tears glinting in his eyes, he was never one to fear death, a pirate’s life was such that those who feared death were considered dead already. Donghae’s sorrow was loss of Hyukjae and his enthusiastic declaration of love boomed in the area “ I LOVE YOU” he shouted back only to be rewarded with a punch in his stomach, making his double-over as air gushed out but he kept his eyes locked with hyukjae’s not letting a hint of farewell seep in through them.

‘See you soon’ he mouthed the distance increased and then he was outside, noisy crowd, curses at him and rough hands handling him. His legs slid down, his feet not grabbing at the ground anymore and his head slowly lolling back as he stared blankly at the sky.

“so this is how it was going to end” he whispered under his breath, different patterns made by white clouds upon the blue horizon made him think of Hyukjae’s white skin.

“I’m glad we tried” he whispered, expression moulding into the most affectionate look at he drew Hyukjae’s face on the sky with his gaze, his smile and those eyes.

Till then he had been hauled up the platform, made to stand still and he too stood with squared shoulders despite his hands noosed behind his back firmly, preventing any real escape, piercing glare directed into the crowd, eyes scanning the area.

For escape
Escape to the most beloved


The rope was being slipped over his head, unblinking eyes waiting, searching mind racing.


Hyukjae had been banished to his room before. The door was almost always left unlocked but when he slammed his shoulder into it this time he bounced back, landing among a painful reminder, a pile of Donghae's ripped shirt and his discarded sword.

Think.

He demanded himself. He had many options right now but none of them involved staying in this castle. He could hear the buzz of an excited crowd and as a child even he had been amongst them, the execution of pirates was a social event that almost everyone enjoyed.
Not him, not when it was Donghae out there.

He needed a plan but his vision was blurred by tears and his heart was clenching uncontrollable. With a mental image, unwanted and uncalled for entering his mind he squeeze his eyes shut, tears leaking down his face at the mental image of Hae's body swinging limp in the wind, the usual smile no longer gracing his lips.

He felt sick to his stomach and he spent various moments doubled over, trying to find his breath. When he lifted his gaze what he saw was no better. Crowds were gathering and it was almost hard to make out the middle of it. But sure enough, the wooden platform still stood, Pirates had failed to burn it down last night despite it annually ending a number of them.
There standing in the middle was Donghae.

No.

Hyukjae was thrown into a state of panic that had him turning in a circle, methodically searching for some sort of shaul that would cover his appearance.

Or would it be better just to stay here and hide from it all? Part of him wanted to watch this, even if then end frightened him.

With both of their swords slipped into his belt, a hood pulled over his head, slipping down over his eyes repeatedly when he tried to climb out of his window.

Despite looking like an elite young figure this was harder than it looked, and his foot slipped various times, undoubtedly taking precious moments to actually let go of the safety of his window. He scaled the pipes for a few meters down before he slipped, jumping and landing bad on his left ankle.
Limping into the crowd, he could almost feel an order bubbling up in his throat. He could get these people to move... but then they couldn't find out who he was. Running and shoving, elbows no doubt causing a few disgruntled shouts. It took him awhile to get to the front of the crowd.

But he was too late.

The rope was already tied firmly around his neck and Hyukjae skidded to a stop, bowing his head. He couldn’t watch this, he couldn’t live on knowing he’d watch him perish.

Defiantly pushing his hood down, in broad daylight within touching distance of the wooden platform that Hae's feet were barely brushing. "Hae." He whispered, knowing he would never be heard over the roar of the crowd.


Hae scanned the crowd, there was something off about it but he could not exactly tell, furrowing his brows he twisted his head, looking too casual and calm for someone who was seconds away from death, to glance around better.
“ Oie keep still you brat” was a harsh comment from behind and out of habit he snorted once again, flashing the man behind him such a smirk that he froze in his action.

“On with it already! PULL” was another voice and the man stumbled to the lever yanking at it with a huff.

“Sorry Hyukkie” Donghae whispered, a smile in place. He didn’t want his Hyukkie to view his dead face without his smile, this way he would be able to smile at Hyukjae even after having departed from this world.

Donghae’s father had always told him never to consider it over till it’s over, at times fate had several plans for them and this was one of those times


The crowd jeered when the lever was pulled the hatch beneath donghae’s feet opened, intending for him to plummet to his death, a clean kill that would break his neck and end nothing more than a forbidden relationship. 

Hae's eyes had been closed unsuspecting to the fact despite him falling he came to an abrupt stop his feet not quite touching the floor … but there was no pressure around his neck. 

"Hae..." hyukjae breathed, crouched underneath him arms wrapped around his legs keeping him up and preventing the rope from ending his life. He could hear that the crowd was in an uproar at the pirates survival and the confusion of the prince, hood long having fallen down, revealing his identity and his profound love for a traitor. "I can't-"

He whispered struggling to keep all his weight up knowing that the rope would need to be cut and he couldn't do it while he was trying to hold him up. "I'm sorry... I-I " he whispered his grip on him slipping trying to get him on his shoulders. 

The roar of the civilians was growing and he couldn't think for the life of him why no one was stopping him from saving  the pirates life. It wasn't until a familiar clash of metal sounded that both of their hopes rose the familiar grunts of pirates as they slashed their revenge. 

"Captain!" one of them shouted sword cutting the rope clean in two the unsuspecting pair tumbling down, rather safe beneath the platform. With Hae on top of him blocking out the light and the battle of the century, the return of the pirates clearly lost without their- "hi. " he breathed as much as he could with Hae pinning him to the ground. "captain?" he murmured. 

One second he felt the grip of the rope, the next he was being held up and then with a loud grunt he fell, whatever held him up or whoever held him up now breathing heavily below him.

Or maybe he was already dead and in heaven-one bad thing- Hyukjae was dead too and he was currently on top of Hyukjae “ we died and came to paradise...” he murmured, slightly dazed. That’s when his mind finally realized what might have happened, his shocked expression melted into one of absolute adoration “ I think I fell in love with you all over again” he chuckled, knowing his mates had him covered he leaned down to press his lips gently to Hyukjae’s answering his question only with a wink as he pulled back “ Come, I’ll show you my bed.”

With that he was pulling Hyukjae up, the two giving the rope a good push and it fell to the ground limply
“Captain! Oie Captain’s spotted let’s go go go!” he heard the shrill sound and soon much to his relief his own personal guard of pirates were escorting the two towards the docks. Donghae kept a strong arm around Hyukjae as they ducked and sprinted, vulnerable yet determined as they made their way closer to their only hope and escape.

Hyukjae gritted his teeth as he limped after him sheer pain spreading through his ankle, lagging behind him and shedding the hood he had attached around him unsheathing both swords from his belt handing donghaes over to him with a smile , armed just in case they were being followed. This kingdom would have to rule itself... It looked like he was going to be a pirate now.



hesitating at the plank that led up to the deck Hyukjae tugged on his hand quietly dark brown eyes locked on the sea, blue tendrils lapping up the side of the ship. "Hae... One more step and this is the furthest I've ever been. " he admitted having never really set foot away from the castle he'd grown up in. Having absolutely no regrets towards the idea of leaving his family behind. Everyone had choice to make and he chose to make Donghae his family now.

“That’s even better” Hae grinned at him “ First time this far away … that too with me, if you would allow me..” he paused “ If you would like, consider this your new home, new and only home.” Getting up he lead Hyukjae in by a hand since the other one was busy keeping a strong hold on the sword, his personal guards shielding them all the while and one of the rude ones named Kyuhyun shouting “ GET A ROOM LATER  FOR NOW CONCENTRATE ON REMAINING ALIVE” considering the statement Donghae retreated to his inner cabin along with Hyukjae, battle cries slowly fading as his ship began to pull away from the dock, now the ship’s deck was filled with cheer and his crewmates crowded outside the cabin, shouting cheers and thrilled to see their captain once again.
It was  Kyuhyun who spotted just how worn out Donghae looked and with harsh grunts and shoves he forced the crew to give the Captain some space. Donghae flopped onto what he called his bed, hands still clasped around Hyukjae’s.

Hyukjae ended up falling down beside him a small tug on his hand from Donghae’s behalf. "lie down, captains orders. " he told him with a bemused expression spreading across his features as hyukjae sat down next to him clearly trying to hide the look on his face that said he wasn't too impressed by what was suppose to be a bed. "You sure they won't slaughter me in my sleep?" he checked unsure as to whether he was feeling sea sick or whether it was a delayed reaction to seeing his beloved almost die.

Donghae just gazed at him for a while before rolling to raise himself on an elbow, almost on top of Hyukjae once again as he smiled a little adoring smile and bit his lip, trying to frown down at the guy “ What you did back there...was bloody dangerous but way more amazing and you’ve given me another reason to love you, my hero” he cooed, chuckling a bit as he lowered his face to settle his forehead on top of Hyukjae’s “So don’t be silly, my men won’t ever touch you and you have me...are you having seconds thoughts about all this?” he grinned, pure affection dripping from his eyes as another chuckle escaped his mouth.

Hyukjae tilted his head at him, getting double vision of Donghae with how close he was but... the more of him the merrier.
Rolling his eyes at him, clearly modest about the fact that things had worked out better than he planned, he’d practically broken his ankle and put his back out trying to get Donghae down and he wouldn’t have done it without a boat of much more fitful men than what he could ever be. “I couldn’t face ruling a kingdom on my own, not with your death hanging over my head.” He murmured, momentarily distracted by how close Donghae was. This was his... he could have this and no one would mind. Smirking and leaning away from him he scrunched up his face. “Hmm... maybe just the whole floating on the ocean part that s with my head.” He told him. And my stomach...
Donghae slowly shook his head, disbelief lacing his voice “ I-I thought it was over...that I would never see you again but here we are...hah...you are indeed full of surprises my Hyukkie” He dove down to capture Hyukjae’s lips longingly, celebrating how he had managed to live and not just live but actually have Hyukjae by his side, he simply could’nt get enough of the man.  

Hyukjae smirked, reaching down to grab his sword and threw it across the room of the ship carelessly, watching it lodge in the wall and hearing a grunt on the other side, Kyuhyun clearly having not followed his own orders. “Where were we?” He murmured with a smile, knowing that despite his obvious seasickness they really did have no limitations.

---
Donghae had to admit that there was that little feeling of everything ending within him the minute he had been caught in bed with the Prince but Hyukjae had not given up on him till the very last second. He felt slightly ashamed of himself, to have given up when Hyukjae clearly had not and as he lead Hyukjae up the deck to address the audience which were his crewmates, a frowning but very interested Kyuhyun gazing up at the Captain and Prince curiously Donghae tapped the end of his sword against a tin can to make all the mumblings come to a halt

“I ain’t gonna be rambling here so listen up and listen sharp. This man here who you know as the Prince from the enemy land is not the enemy, he’s my lifeline, my betta’ half, so all of yee better behave with him like yee behave with me. Heck let’s just say he’s the Co-Captain around here and the first man to give another grunt of disapproval loses his head!” Donghae was in his element, shoulders squared as he sent a look over the whole crowd and since they knew Donghae was a man of his words, all the disapproving grunting seized.

To Donghae’s surprise Kyuhyun bowed to them and slowly the whole crew was bowing and then chants of “All Hail Captain Donghae” “ All hail the one precious to him!” and Donghae face-palmed  “ HIS NAME’S HYUKJAE” and then he turned to look at Hyukjae with a smile “ and yes he’s the precious one for me” he said that lower, now the crew didn’t need to know the rough and tough Captain could chirp like a love bird.


-A FEW MONTHS LATER-

Hyukjae’s father angrily slammed the report down, fury burning him from the inside, his face flushed red “ Who did you say raided our docks? Not just that they managed to steal the biggest ship?!”

“Sir H-H... Prince Hyukjae and The pirate named D-Donghae...t-they are known as Captains--”
“silence I do not want to hear that name around here ever again!” he spat, storming out the room.


While somewhere far away enjoying the wind whip around them Captain Hyukjae who adopted the name Eunhyuk and Donghae sipped at their drinks, arms linked celebrating their greatest raid yet.