Good Person

Good Person

 

Yeah, its winter already, it’s freezing cold. I can feel the icy wind through my winter clothes. I’m sitting on a bench, hiding half of my face with my scarf because it’s biting cold. I’ve been waiting here in the park. I tell you, I can wait for several hours in this dreadful weather for that special person.

          Just to get rid of boredom, I fished my iPhone and earphones out of my knapsack. For a minute, I stared on my phone’s wallpaper: it’s a group picture of me, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, the Famous ballad subgroup of Super Junior, Super Junior K.R.Y. My mind always wished to get rid of Kyuhyun out of the picture but it turns out that I can’t kick him out. Why? It’s simply because Ryeowook likes him A LOT. As I gave a sigh and shiver as the icy wind blew, I plugged on my earphones and started searching for a good song on my playlist. Then this song from our fourth album caught my eyes, I pressed play and put it on repeat. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and let myself being consumed by the song…

Good Person  좋은 사람

[A/N: Lyrics – bold characters; translation -italicized]

♫♪ Oneureun museun irin geoni? Ureodo eolgul gateungeol geuga neoui maeumeul apeunge haenni? Naegen sesang jel sojunghan neouinde~♫♪”

What happened today? It seems like you were crying. Did he hurt your heart? You are the most precious person to me in the world…

“Yesung hyung! Hyung! Jongwoon hyung!” Ryeowook sat beside me, almost crying his eyes out.

“Oh? What’s wrong Ryeonggu? Why are you crying?”

“Kyuhyunie won’t play with me! He’s busy with his stupid starcraft game! Is starcraft more important than me?! Aish~! Jebal! Answer me! Stop playing with Kkoming and pay attention! Am I useless than that stupid computer game?!”

“Looks like our eternal maknae and the evil maknae had a row, and Ryeonggu runs to our weird Yesungie~” Heechul hyung commented.

Leeteuk hyung threw a crumpled piece of music sheet to Heechul, “Go out now or else you’ll be late on your schedule.”

          Heechul hyung stuck his tongue out and slammed the door.

“YA KIM JONGWOON! ANSWER ME!” Ryeowook demanded.

“Living up to what Kangin described him, innocent outside, insolent inside.” Hyukjae laughed and followed Donghae to the kitchen. Those two are going to annoy Sungmin while he’s cooking.

          Of course, Kim Ryeowook is the most precious person for me in this world. I can’t compare him to anything. He’s so important to me.

I looked into his eyes, “Calm down, you’re more important. I’m sure Kyuhyun will have the same answer.”

          I saw Leeteuk hyung shaking his head before he entering his room. Crap. What the hell am I doing?

“B-B-But Kyuhyunie told me to play with my giraffe plushies.” He pouted.

“As if you’re not used to him, uljima~”

♫♪ Japangi keopireul naemireo geu soge gamcheohon nae mameul dama “Gomawo oppa neomu joheun saramiya” geu hanmadie nan useul pun~♫♪

The coffee from the vending machine I hold out to you is filled with feelings I’ve been hiding. “Thanks, you’re such a good person.” At those words, I can only smile.

          We just finished our photo shoot schedule for the magazine. While waiting for Kyuhyun, Ryeowook sat patiently beside Donghae who’s playing “Temple Run” on his iPod Touch. I grabbed the chance and I ran towards the vending machine and got two cups of coffee.

“Here Ryeonggu, drink this.” I carefully handed him the cup of coffee.

“Gomawo Yesungie hyung! You’re so sweet~”

“Hey Yesungie hyung! How about me?! It’s so unfair!” Donghae complained like a child and frowned though he’s still busy with his game.

“Sorry fishy, I ran out of coins~”

          A smile crept out of my face and I felt so happy.

♫♪ Hoksi neon gieokhago isseulkka? Nae chingu hakkyo ape nolleo waddeon nal urideul yeonin gatda jangnachyeosseul ddae neon useoggo nan bam jisaeweoji~♫♪

Do you remember? I was hanging out in front of my friend’s school. When we pretended like we were a couple, you laughed and I stayed all night…

“Jongwoon hyung! Yesungie hyung! Hyung!”

          I tried to ignore that person who’s calling me out of the blue. Sheeez! Is that person a stalker or what?! How come that person knew my real name and my stage name and he has the guts to call suddenly?! Freak.

“Jongwoon hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!!! Over here!!! Yesungie hyung!”

          Aish~! He can recognize me though I’m on my disguise?! I looked around. The crowd was busy and I think no one’s paying attention to me. I looked at the opposite side of the street. I saw a familiar figure of a man, waving excitedly.

“Hyung! At last you noticed me!” he grinned childishly.

          It’s my Ryeowook. No, scratch that. It’s our eternal maknae. He smacked me on my chest playfully. Of course it hurts!

“Ouch! What was that for?!” I asked, glaring at him.

“That’s for making me call you a hundred of times and that seemed like an eternity. And this…”

          He hugged me.

“Ya! We’re in front of a university! Get off me!”

“No one will pay attention to us. They won’t recognize us. Well, though we’re in an area where fangirls are dense, we have the least aura to attract them. And besides…” He released me and held my hand, “Hyung, let’s pretend like a couple, Just for today, please? I want to know the reason why our E.L.Fs always see us one of their OTPs.”

          Keeping a straight face is one of my fortes. I looked at him but I failed as I met his eyes. I felt the colors rising up on my cheeks. How embarrassing.

“Hyung let’s go! We have lots to do. It’s our first official date, a YeWook date.” He smiled sweetly and winked at me.

          What the hell… how come he affects me that much? How come his smile has such an effect on me? Yeah, we did all sorts of what a couple does. Uhmmmm… With the PDA thingy, we only held hands. Of course, I couldn’t ask for more, besides, we’re just acting. He looked really happy. We went home. He kept on laughing when we’re on the elevator. I entered my room and jumped on my bed. Then a sleepy and annoyed Sungmin came in.

“Oh Sungmin-ah, what are you doing here? You look… Uhmm…”

“That Cho Kyuhyun kicked me out of our room so out eternal maknae could sleep there. Aish~! At least Ryeonggu was sensitive! That evil maknae! Aish! Damn it!” Sungmin lied down on Ryeowook’s bed, wrapping himself with Ryeowook’s thick purple blanket.

          Two hours passed, still I can’t sleep. My spirits are still alive and kicking. I kept on tossing and rolling on my bed, grinning like there’s no tomorrow.

“JINJJA! I WANT TO HAVE A DECENT SLEEP! KIM JONGWOON! GET OUT! OUT! GET YOUR OUT OF HERE!”

          Sungminie lost his temper and I swear he’s the cutest thing on earth next to Ryeonggu even when he’s mad.

♫♪ Niga useumyeon nado joha neon jangnanira haedo neol gidaryeoddeon nal neol bogo sipdeon bam naegen beokchan haengbok gadeukhande~♫♪

When you laugh, I feel good too, even when you say I’m just pretending. You bring happiness to the days when I wait for you, the nights when I miss you…

♫♪ Naneun honjayeodo gwaenchanha neol bol summan itdamyeon neul neoui dwieseo neul neol baraboneun geuge naega gajin moksin geotman gata~♫♪

Even when I’m alone, it’s okay if I just can see you. I’m always behind you, I’m always looking out for you, but it seems like I have to share…

          Yeah concerts… It’s extremely tiring and exhausting. My throat being itchy after the concert, endless fan service, non-stop dancing and my favorite part is returning the love that E.L.Fs gave us even through small gestures and watching my Ryeonggu from a distance, of course the package includes our evil maknae Kyuhyun because they’re always stick together.

          At the backstage…

“Let’s try a new routine when singing ‘You and I’” Heechul hyung suggested.

“Oooooh, our diva will join us on stage?” Shindong asked.

“Of course not! Let’s do the couple thingy~” Heechul hyung gave a smirk. “Hmmm… I’ll  decide… Let’s see… EunHae, KyuWook, YeSungmin, TeukWon since the raccoon is on his military service and go S-O-L-O Donguridongdong~”

“Hey Chul-ah, it’s supposed to be YeWook and KyuMin. I think I heard you wrong.” Leeteuk hyung said.

“Haraboji, you heard me right. Now, go up to the stage and move! I’m busy playing here.”

          Well, Ryeonggu is happy and I’m happy for him too~

“You’re always contended being like this Jongwoonie hyung?” Sungmin asked, as he lowered his and my mic so we can talk as we stand side by side.

“Contented in what?”

“Aayyy~ Don’t act innocent hyung… You’re always watching Ryeonggu from a distance though you’re very close to each other. As if I won’t notice, I’m not that naive.

“Very ironic isn’t it?” I smiled.

“That goes the same for me.” Sungmin said, “You know hyung, we’re the most stupid persons in this world and yet we are totally one of a kind.”

“I do agree. Handling this unrequited love requires a lot of patience, strength and…”

“Being able to face the one you love though it deeply cuts and shatters your heart into pieces.”

“We’re crazy.”

          The both of us broke into a laugh as we roamed around the stage.

♫♪ Chingudeul jigyeopda malhaji neul gateun norael buruneun naege hajiman geuge baro nae maeumingeol geudae meon geotman boneyo~♫♪

My friends tiresomely telling me, me who always singing songs like this, but I know these are just my feelings. I can tell you’re in a different place…

“KIM JONGWOON, FOLLOW ME.” Leeteuk hyung said wearing a very serious face followed by Heechul hyung.

Heechul stopped exactly in front of the door, “And that also includes you, LEE SUNGMIN.”

          The four of us entered Leeteuk hyung’s room. I can sense that Leeteuk hyung’s gonna kill us but I feel so calm because the room is pure white. Leeteuk hyung always tells us that he’s a fallen angle born on a rainy and loves white so much. Heechul hyung lied down on the bed while Teukie hyung was leaning on his white upright piano.

“Now… tell me, how long can you endure the pain of being a complete git because of love?!” Heechul hyung broke the silence.

“Chul-ah, watch your words. We’re talking to kids.” Teukie hyung said calmly.

“Damn! You call them kids?! Get a grip Park Jungsu! They’re grown up now! How can they act like-”

          Teukie hyung glared at Heechul hyung, making Chul-ah hyung swallow the rest of his sentence.

“You’re being too close to Ryeonggu, Jongwoonie. Did it hurt?

“Of course it does… My rabid dog isn’t a complete freak.”

“Chul-ah, that’s enough…”

“He has feelings too! How can my blood brother be numb? Honestly, he’s sensitive. Are you insane Park Jungsu?!”

“SHUT UP KIM HEECHUL! HONESTLY YOU’RE NOT HELPING!”

          I can tell Teukie hyung’s angry right now, but when he turns to me and Sungmin, his expression softens.

“Answer me Jongwoonie~”

“Of course it hurts but I don’t give colors on how Ryeonggu treats me. He’s only being such a sweet and thoughtful dongsaeng to me.” I answered honestly.

          Teukie hyung looked at Sungmin.

“Hmmm… It hurts.” Sungmin said flatly.

Heechul hyung sat up, “Now-”

Sungmin interrupted Heechul hyung, “Nobody’s stupid okay?! It’s just that sometimes we choose to be stupid for us to feel a little bit of what they call HAPPINESS.” He stormed around the room and slammed the door.

“Jongwoonie, go and follow Sungminnie.” Teukie hyung said.

          I did what he asked me to do and I heard Heechul hyung saying: “Our rabid dog and our cute bunny are not kids anymore. I’m so proud of them.”

♫♪ Niga joheumyeon nado joha ni ape geureul bomyeo nawan neomu dareun nan chorahaejineun geu ege neol butakhandaneun mal bakke~♫♪

If you’re good then I’m good too. But when I look at the guy who’s standing next to you, he’s too different from me. All I can do is say “Nice to meet you.” to this shabby-looking person…

          Yeah. I’m better than Kyuhyun when it comes to singing, cuteness and weirdness.

♫♪ Neul urineun saramgwa… wiro bake mothaneun na~♫♪

The difference between me and the person who makes you cry is that all I can do is to comfort you…

-xx-

“Jongwoonie hyung, you’ve been listening to this song for the nth time today.”

          That voice…

“Oh Ryeonggu? You’re here? I’m sorry I-”

Ryeowook cut him, “You’re in too much daze to realize that I got here about an hour ago, got you earphone from your left ear and sat beside you.” He grinned.

“What the… Why didn’t you smack me?” I glanced on my phone to check the time,  “Look, you’ve wasted an hour in this freezing weather and you even listened to our song which is on repeat without even complaining. Aigoo~ My poor Ryeonggu~”

“You’ve waited longer and YOU ALWAYS DID. You’re such a good person hyung~” He smiled sincerely.

          I was dumbfounded. All this time, he’s trying to reciprocate my romantic feelings for him in another way, just being a good, sweet, thoughtful and sensitive dongsaeng to his weird hyung. Gomawo Ryeonggu~