Final Chapter

All I Want for Christmas is You

 

              A/N: Ok, this is in honor of my ultimate bias, Leeteuk. I love the man so freaking much it's like an obsession. I just had to create a oneshot of him, I probably will make more in the future. I miss him soooo much!! T.T Ok, now that my sadness and loneliness is apparent to you all, here is my oneshot: 

 

                  You hummed a random tune to yourself as you flipped through channels on the TV. Nothing interesting was on, and you weren’t in the mood to watch the Christmas dramas and movies that were being replayed nonstop since the final weeks of December kicked in. You were bored out of your mind, but had no intention of going out and doing something. It felt like one of those days where you just wanted to relax. If only you had a dog, or some type of pet to keep you company – excluding the fishes. Fishes aren’t entertaining whatsoever.

                The stomping and loud voices poured from the neighbor’s apartment. Laughing and joyful music could also be heard. Judging by how many times their door had opened and closed, you deducted that they were hosting a Christmas party. You sighed. It wasn’t that you didn’t get invited to Christmas parties, but the problem was they were all with couples, and you didn’t want to be the odd man out. So now, here you were, all alone on Christmas Eve.

                Your family had gone out of town for a cruise in the Caribbean. They had invited you to join them, but your job was always infrequent, and you didn’t want to risk it. Missing a day on the job made you fret anyways.

                In the left corner of the living room, next to the TV, there was your pathetic Christmas tree. It was one of those plastic ones that looked real, but could obviously be known it was fake by touching it. Standing at only 5 feet high, you could stand over it and place the star on top with ease. The decorations were ok, very simple and generic – you hadn’t really gone Christmas shopping at all. Beneath it were Christmas presents from friends and family, as well as ones for yourself, which you wrapped for the sake of wrapping.

                You eyed a gingerbread cookie from the plate on the coffee table in front of the couch. They looked so delicious, lined with white confectioners frosting. You lazily stretched your arm towards the plate. It was a struggle and a disappointment because your arm couldn’t close the distance from your lying position and the circle of sweetness.  After three more unmotivated tries, you huffed and dropped your arm to the side. Meh. Those things were loaded with calories anyways…

                Just as you were planning on watching a variety show you came across, there was a knocking at your door. Your head perked up and you blinked in confusion. Who could it be? You got up, a little stiff from lying so long, and shuffled to the door in your shin length socks. Your eye pressed up against the peek hole cautiously for a moment, just to make sure. You weren’t expecting anyone, so why wouldn’t someone be suspicious? Unfortunately, their head was dipped down, staring at the floor. All you could tell was that it was a man wearing a baseball cap.

                Well, a little adventure never hurt anyone. You stepped back and unlocked the door to open it. As it swung to the left, the man raised his head, and your heart felt like it was going to burst at who it was. Was it really him, right on your doorstep?! Oh dear god please don’t say he was an illusion!

                “Hi,” His lips curled up into a smile, and his signature dimple on his left cheek, near his mouth, made an appearance.

                “Jung Su!” You cried and flung yourself at him. He laughed and grasped onto you, steading you and him from toppling over. You felt tears immediately spring to your eyes and tightening around your throat. Your face buried into the crook of his neck and selfishly inhaled his scent from his cologne. His warm and soft skin was heaven brushing against yours. This was the scent and feeling you had yearned for for so long.

                 You leaned back to look the handsome man, and love of your life, in the eye, “Welcome h-home.” You choked, and was surprised at the thickness of your voice. Tears began running down your face, and that’s when Leeteuk started to panic.

                “Hey, hey don’t cry!” Leeteuk cooed. He continued to hold you in his arms and walk the both of you inside your apartment. When the door shut, he attended to you like he always does so affectionately, wiping away each tear with the pads of his thumbs, “Don’t be sad!”

                “Sorry!” You apologized and wiped your eyes, “It’s just that your home! I’m not sad!
 These are tears of joy, I swear!”

                “They better be,” Leeteuk looked you up and down with a quizzical and amused expression. When he was done he flashed another crooked smile, “Is that….my sweater?”

                You blushed and hid your hands in the long sleeves of the cream v-neck sweater that was hanging off of you. Ever since Leeteuk had left in October last year, your longing had increased tenfold every day. Since he had to live with his group members, there wasn’t much of him remaining in your apartment. There was only a few shirts and pants, a pair of shoes, a hat, and an extra toothbrush. Then, one day, a crazy idea came to you. Before you knew it, you were sometimes wearing his clothes around the house, and using his jacket while going to the store- excluding the pants, they were much too big. Not to mention his clothes did have his scent, which barely existed on the sweater you were wearing. 

                “….maybe.” You bit your lower lip. Leeteuk grinned from ear to ear and pulled you into a tight hug. His head nuzzled close to yours, and you hugged him back gladly.

                “It looks perfect on you,” He assured. You smiled lightly and cuddled closer. You could feel every plane and feature of his toned body, and the familiar strong embrace of his arms encasing your waist. Leeteuk sighed contently. Even though you didn’t want to, you let go to guide him to the kitchen.

                “Are you hungry? Do you want something to drink?”

                “Ugh yes I’m starving!” Leeteuk said exasperatedly and tore off his jacket to reveal a white turtle neck. This man could really not get enough of the color white. While you poured him a glass of water, Leeteuk went right for the fridge. He swung it open and gasped.

                “What?” You set the glass of water down on the counter and went to his side. His lips were pursed and hands on his hips. He raised an eyebrow at you.

                “What?” You repeated.

                “Is there a reason why your fridge is nearly barren?” Leeteuk’s head jerked to it. At this point, it was more like an air conditioned shell. Sure, there were bottled drinks and simple/necessary food items to live, but there wasn’t much. You never felt the need to buy a ton to keep in it anyways. Every day you ate lunch from the restaurant café and picked up the rest of your pre-made dinners from the grocery store. So it wasn’t the healthiest of diets……

                “No~,” You sang guilty. Leeteuk sighed and quickly pecked your forehead, glancing down at you with soft eyes, “Can’t I rely on you to take care of your health? Promise me that you’ll stick to a better diet? Don’t worry me.” His hand cradled the side of your face and caressed your cheekbone.

                “I will,” You patted his hand and dished out some leftover rice and marinated chicken for him.

                It was quite interesting how you two met. You were a stylist to SM Entertainment, but weren’t assigned to a specific group. So you would often rotate from group to group when needed. Besides Super Junior, you had the chance to work with SNSD, Ft Island, SHINee, and BoA. One day, out of the blue, you were called for a concert event. Rushing out the door, you barely had time to do your own make up and hair.

                When you had arrived, you weren’t thrilled upon hearing you were needed in Super Junior’s dressing room. Of course, on the day you look like you had just woken up, you were going to be around hot guys. Great. It was obvious that you were in a bad mood that day, but no one commented on it.

                Ryeowook, your first person, was too scared to even talk to you. Your eyes must have subconsciously sending red hot lasers. Kyuhyun, the second, was equally as scared, but he at least tried to speak a bit. He stopped after realizing he wasn’t getting anywhere with your attitude. Finally, there was Leeteuk. As you gently applied a base to his face, he commented:

                “Bad day?”

                You had chewed the inside of your lip and curtly replied, “Yes.”

                There was an awkward pause, but he followed up with, “Just for the record, you don’t look that bad. Better than the other cordis, at least.”

                “Huh?” You were confused.

                “Your clothes. You probably had no time to dress, right?”

                “Yeah……”

                “Then it’s a compliment. You look better than half of the cordis who took an hour to get ready.”

                “…….Thanks,” You left his face to go through your make up bag.

                “I am right, right? I don’t want to be the awkward turtle making the situation tense,” You turned back to Leeteuk to see him raising an eyebrow for confirmation.

                “Yes,” You cracked a half smile, “You’re right.” Leeteuk smiled brightly back, and the rest was history.

                That was three years ago. Keeping your relationship a secret isn’t easy, but there was a lot of time that the two of you could be near each other when at work. Other than a few of the suju members, not a soul knew.

                Now, back in the present, the two of you sat on your living room couch, watching TV as Leeteuk ate. He told tales of his friends he made in the army, and the rare times he was able to see Heechul, who was very excited to be released. Leeteuk also spoke of his hopes, dreams, and plans after the army. MCing was a given, but he also wanted to do something more outside of suju activities if possible.

                After he finished eating, Leeteuk flopped onto his back and stretched completely out. With a thump, he landed his calves heavily on your lap. You looked over with a stink eye to see him playfully glancing back at you. A smirk spread across your face, and you slid out from underneath his legs to lay down on top of him, heavily of course.

                “Oof!” Leeteuk whooshed out from the sudden weight. He laughed and held you in a vice grip on top of him. You snuggled closer, resting your head on his chest and watching the TV screen.

                Leeteuk surveyed his surroundings. Snow had begun to fall quietly and slowly, the smell of your perfume and vanilla from cookies lingered in the air. There was soft, Christmas music playing in the background. He sighed quietly, contently. It was good to be home.

                “What do you want for Christmas?” Leeteuk asked.

                You thought for a moment before replying, “Nothing.”

                “Nothing? Surely there must be something.”

                “Nope. There’s nothing,” You rested your chin in place of the side of your head so you could look up at him, “All I wanted for Christmas was you, and I got exactly that. I don’t need anything else.”

                Leeteuk smiled warmly down at you, “I too, wanted only you.”

                You shimmied clumsily up to reach his face and give him a kiss. The spark reignited, his soft lips pressed against yours. Even when you pulled away, his eyes remained closed. After another kiss, they finally opened.

                “I love you,” You said to him.

                “I love you,” He repeated.

                “Merry Christmas.”

                “Merry Christmas.”

                You laid your head back down on his chest, and rested in the comfortable silence. Leeteuk stared affectionately down at you, but there was that nagging bit of disappointment in the back of his mind. Replaying what just happened in his mind, he rolled his eyes at his own selfishness. That square, velvet box burning a hole in his back pocket could wait. No matter how badly he wanted to see your reaction from above, looking at the item from Tiffany’s in his hand, he would wait. There was always July 29th, the day he could finally come back to you, forever.