FREEDOM AND SNOW

Christmas Time!

 

"This is crazy" The pale guy said looking nervous "You do realize how crazy this is, right?"

"Oh, stop complaining and follow me" She answered and with after some more struggling, the lock made a tiny 'click' and she slid inside the building.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Sooyoung said looking at his boyfriend, who stood frozen at the entrance "If you don't come, I'll go by myself" And with that the tall girl turned around and began climbing the infinite stairs to the rooftop.

"Aish" Eunhyuk said making a disgusted face before following her "Only 'cause I love you"

Step after step the couple ascended with precaution, they surely didn't want to be caught. After what seemed like the 2000th stair, they both reached another closed door, but after a few seconds, Sooyoung had easily unlocked it and simply opened it.

"We really shouldn't be here Soo" Eunhyuk warned pulling her girlfriend's hand softly to make her go back, but she shoved him away and kept on walking until she reached the edge of the rooftop and held with both hands to the security rail.

"Come on oppa, don't be a chicken. You're going to lose all the fun" She extended her hand to him to pull him along.

"I'm not a chicken!!" Eunhyuk protested, but at the sight of an arched eyebrow Sooyoung, he gave in and held her hand "Arasso. But just a while ok?"

The brunette laughed at her boyfriend’s extreme carefulness but she nodded in agreement none the less.

They blond haired man gave small fearful steps to the rail, all the time keeping his eyes strongly shut, at least until he felt the metal bar touching his stomach and his eyelids snapped wide open.

"Wow!" Was the only word he could think of. It was like seen one of those crystal snow globes they sell on the gift stores, just that this one was giant and completely real. A thick shining white snow covered pretty much all the rooftops and tops of the buildings in Seoul city, glistening in yellow tints as the dim lights from the streets touched them in the dark. And by themselves, feather like snowflakes kept falling gracefully from the dark cloudy sky.

"This is so beautiful" The boy sheathed in the big black coat said.

"Doesn't this worth the snickering?" His girlfriend, who was also wearing a black coat and a cute red rounded hat, asked smirking.

"Absolutely"

"I knew you were going to like it"

After some silence long minutes of just admiring the peacefulness of the city, Eunhyuk turned his eyes to the young brunette, also admiring her astonishing beauty.

"So this is where you come when you have days off?"

"Yeah...I like this place. Is so...perfect: the wind, the sky, the buildings, the silence...it feels like how freedom should be"

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"For sharing it with me"

"No problem. I figured out you needed a break after all the Christmas frenzy"

"Yeah..."

And again, another silence made the couple keep staring at all the very small white bits as they gently danced in the air following some abstract beautiful shapes before landing with softness on top of all objects.

"And maybe you should consider breaking rules more often"

"Why?"

"Because from time to time, you need to feel free as well from your everyday life"

"Well, as long as I'm with you, I could even break into the White House”

“Hahaha, I really don’t think that’s truth…but I got the point”

“Merry Christmas Choi Sooyoung” Eunhyuk wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“But Christmas was last week oppa” Sooyoung mocked as she tried to free herself.

“Aish! Can’t you go along with the feeling?” He complained and nuzzled his face in her neck.

“Ah…arasso, arasso!” The brunette gave in as she hugged him back just as tight as him “Merry Christmas Lee Hyukjae…I love you”