BUTTERFLY KISS

Christmas Time!

 

Backstage at SMTOWN was always chaotic, but this was definitely the worse. It was the first Winter Special and it was supposed to be magical and great, but seemed like destiny was against them that evening because first, the three event coordinators had reported very sick after they tried some weird dessert at some weird restaurant, second, the track list had been lost between all the docs inside the President's office, and third, no one really knew what they were doing so they had to improvise something quickly.

That of course was an emergency situation, and though everyone was used to be stressed, this problem was getting out of control and some idols couldn't take it as easy as others.

Lee Donghae was one of them. Sitting in the hallway floor next to one of the washrooms, he had his hands on his ears and closed eyes. Stress was hovering too much over him and the only way he could calm down was being alone, so he did. He was breathing deeply to try to make the lump on his throat disappear, without succeed at all. This was the first time he felt so tense and for that, the tempting thought of run away and skip the presentation kept flowing vaguely on his mind, but he knew he couldn't give up; he couldn't leave his band mates and the rest of SM Family alone.

Just as he was thinking deeply, he saw a pair of long slender legs pass next to him and enter to washroom, only to come out seconds later and stand right in front of him.

"Donghae shi...are you okay?" A sweet low voice asked full of concern.

"Yeah, I'm okay" The brown haired man answered uncovering his ears and instead lacing his hands to hold on his knees.

"You sure?" The legs kneeled and Choi Sooyoung's rounded face appeared in front of him "Because you're very pale"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" Donghae repeated forcing a smile on his mouth but without daring to look back at her.

"Oppa" Donghae raised his head to finally look at the girl, this was the first time the brunette called him like that and that took him by surprise "You don't have to lie to me"

"It's just...I'm a little stressed, nothing bad really" The fish kept lying to not worry her.

"Yeah, I'd imagined it'd be that" She said with a sweet cackle and unexpectedly, she took his hands in hers and squeezed them several times.

"What are you...?” Donghae began to say, but the tall girl shushed him and carried on.

"This is something my mom used to do to me whenever I was stressed or frightened. She said fear accumulates in the hands and face, and to take them out, you need to transfer it to someone else who can hold it for you"

"Wait, you don't have to do it" Donghae got alarmed and tried to retire his hands but Sooyoung gave them a pull and got closer to him.

"I'm not keeping the stress with me you fool" She said with a beautiful smile looking straight at his eyes "My mom also said for the tension to go away definitely from both persons, a butterfly kiss must be given"

"A what?" The brown haired man asked with wide eyes.

"A butterfly kiss" Sooyoung answered calmly and got even closer to the man “Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you" She laughed innocently when she felt him tense "Close your eyes...please"

Donghae doubted for a second not sure of what the tall brunette was planning, but he felt his eyelids slide down automatically when he felt her proximity, waiting for whatever that'd happen.

And slowly, very, very slowly, Sooyoung approached more and more and more until her long eyelashes touched Donghae's soft cheek, and grinning brightly, she blinked a couple of times tickling lightly his milky white skin.

The simple and innocent touch filled the man's stomach with warm troubling butterflies and the cutest giggle Sooyoung had heard escaped his mouth as he opened his eyes and stared at her.

"Better?" The tall lady asked to the laughing young man getting a little away from him.

"Yeah...how did you do that?" Donghae said still laughing.

"Mom says the butterfly kisses works to sweep the stress away and fill your stomach with fuzzy butterflies"

"Well your mom is right...it instantly works"

"I know right?"

"Yeah it feels really great"

"So that means you're not stressed anymore?"

"Actually...no!" Donghae beamed and got up the floor "Thank you Soo thanks a lot!" He said and without thinking, he trapped the slim girl in his arms to squeeze her hard before let her go.

"Eh...ok" Sooyoung answered totally confused but somehow happy.

"I have to get back, I think our part begins in ten minutes" Donghae said and walked away leaving Sooyoung in the middle of the hallway.

"Ah...oppa, wait!" The brunette called him before he turned around the alley corner.

"Yes?" The brown haired man stopped and looked back.

"If...if you...feel like...you're having another stress crisis..." Sooyoung began stuttering as she looked at her hands and a pink blush filled her cheeks "you can always...ask for...my help..."

Donghae laughed again but this time it was a nervous laugh and Sooyoung couldn't help to notice the pale dancer face also turned pink in embarrassment, but when he answered, he spoke in a clear loud voice "You know, from now on, I'll make sure I get stressed very often"

And he disappeared trough the corner, but Sooyoung could clearly hear his angelical voice giggling nervous and happily again.

Smiling to herself, she followed him back to backstage as she whispered very lowly "So that was the butterfly kiss magic after all...now I get why mom insisted I should try it with a guy...I should try it more often...mmm, maybe I should make Donghae stress on purpose...yeah, sounds like a good idea"