Part 1

We're Sorry Sungjong [Sequel]

 

Plop.

Sungjong throw one of the pebbles into the lake, making a circular wave inside the calm water.

Plop.

He threw the second one and sighed. It’s been three days he left Infinite, his beloved hyungs, his once a family. To say that he can handle it well was a complete understatement. Indeed, that’s why he was alone at the lake nearby his house. He wanted to be alone from his parent. He didn’t want to be weak in front of them. And the most important thing was he didn’t want his parent to know about the reasons of his departure.

The petite boy shoved his pocket and pulled out a picture. It was the group’s picture that was taken on his birthday. Sungjong was surrounded by his hyungs with a cake on his hand.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Sungjong, open your mouth,” Sunggyu said and feed the maknae a piece of the cake.

“Sungjong, here too,” Sungyeol was holding a cake and when Sungjong opened his mouth, the choding boy smeared the cake on his cheek instead. It was a chaotic day when they started to chase each other in the dorm and Sunggyu started yelling at everyone but Dongwoo continuously laughing at him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sungjong closed his eyes and bit his lips hard. The memory was making tears filled up his almond-shaped eyes. He blinked a few times so that the tears will not fall down, but it failed miserably. The drops started cascading from his eyes but he didn’t bother to wipe it.

The boy looked at the picture again and touched each of the faces that he always loved, starting from the older, Sunggyu to the youngest, Myungsoo. It was only three days ago since he left infinite but his heart felt empty without his hyungs. The nagging leader, the greasy tree, the smiling dino, the tall choding, the pokerface visual and his closest hyung, a purple maniac. He missed them so much it hurts him deeply.

 Plop.

Again, the boy throwing the pebble in the lake. The atmosphere was too quite thus he hope the sound will at least lighten the gloomy environment. Or to be exact, his gloomy heart.

Sungjong then landed his body on the grass, facing the light blue sky. He took out his phone and picked a song.

Listen by Beyonce. The song that shone a light in his life one time ago. The sweet and slow song immediately made his mind lost again. In a deep thought of memory.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Listen..  to the song here in my heart,” Woohyun imitated him with his oh-so-sweet voice. Sungjong sent him a death glare and pinched his hand hardly.

“I hate you hyung!” He exclaimed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At that time, he felt annoyed by his hyungs but now.. the teased they always played on him was his treasure memories.

“Listen...” He tried to follow the song but the after words didn’t come out when he started sobbing. A visual of 15 years old Sungjong coming for the audition with only passion about his dream came in his mind. Now where is him? Give up on his own dream.

Do you think that this is the best decision? Do you think your hyungs will be happy? A faint voice echoed inside his head. Again, he shut his eyes tightly and woke up from his lying position. Is hyungs happy? He not sure of that. If someone asked him one year ago, he can definitely said that all of his hyungs will be upset but after all of them started to get busy with their individual schedules, the sense started to fade away.

A bitter smile Sungjong gave them whenever he was left alone, or the sad eyes when Sungjong looked at them, they didn’t noticed at all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Myungsoo hyung, how’s your drama?” Sungjong asked when he saw the visual walked inside their dorm after finished his schedule.

“Owh, Sungjong. It went well. I’m so tired, I’m going to sleep now.” Myungsoo was hardly looked at him before continued his steps to his bedroom, leaving Sungjong alone.

“Hyung.” Sungjong called him before he walked inside his bedroom. Myungsoo looked at the boy with half sleepy eyes. “ Please take care of yourself more.” He said with a sad smile but it was completely oblivious to the actor.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hyungs, do you love my present? I hope all of you like it.” He said at the picture, then continued. “I want to continue my study and find a different future hyung. Its a secret but actually I really hate studying. My passion will always be singing and dancing and to be able to reach the dream with all of you made my life complete. But since I am talentless, I guess this is the best thing for me, and for all of you.” He sobbed again. If anyone saw him that time, they will think that he is mad by talking alone.

After spent a good few hours there, the skinny boy headed back with heavy heart. He already told his parent about his intention to continue his study at Japan and they have no problem with that. Tomorrow, he will leave Korea and all of his memories of being an idol.

_________________________________________________