spend my life with you..

Once upon a time on a christmas day...

18 years ago

 

Eunhyuk was playing with his plushies when he heard a sobbing behind his back. He turned his body around and found Yoona there. He immediately got up and sat beside her. "Yah yoong!! What happened?"

She hide her face between her arms and shook her head lightly.

"Ya hyukjae! What are you doing to my yoong?"

Hyukjae exclaimed in pain when he felt a hit on his head. Judging by the voice and unmannered behavior, hyukjae knew that it was kyuhyun who hit him.

Hyukjae rubbed his head and pouted, "Ya!! Have some respect to your hyung!! I didn't do anything. She's crying by herself!!" hyukjae's explanation was ignored as kyuhyun moved to yoona's side. Hyukjae pouted, he wanted to cry too. He really hates it when someone hit him like that. Luckily donghae's there and patting on his head, "Hyukkie don't cry!! I will give you my strawberry milk but don't cry!! Don't cry hyukkieee...!"

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he witnessed an unecessary drama before his eyes. He turned his gaze back to Yoona, "Yah yoona! What's wrong?"

Hearing kyu's voice, yoona slowly lifted her head. With puffed cheeks and swollen eyes, she explained, "My daddy and mommy won't be around again this christmas. They're always like that. I... I will be spending christmas alone again this time." she started to cry again.

Kyuhyun then poked his forehead lightly, "Ya stupid!! We can celebrate christmas together again like last year!! Eyy, do you really think i will let you spend your christmas alone? No way!! I... Cho Kyuhyun.. Will never let Im Yoona spend her christmas alone..!!" kyuhyun shouted proudly.

Yoona stared at Kyuhyun happily, "Really? We can have christmas together again? With hyukkie and donghae too?" she asked with eyes widenned.

Kyuhyun tilted his head and stared at hyukjae and donghae who had been staring him back with a hopeful look. Well, actually he just wanted to spend christmas with yoona only. But seeing that hopeful look in Yoona's face, he just couldn't say no, "O.. Of course with hyuk and hae too."

Hyukjae and donghae yelled in happiness. They're hugging each other and tagging yoona all along. Kyuhyun pouted to the sight but he joined them anyway.

 

 

25 December 2004

The kids were all grown up. They're still together. Kyuhyun, Yoona, Hyukjae, and Donghae. It's just this time, they got a new companion, Changmin and Victoria (the new transferred student from qingdao)

Like always, they would spend another christmas together. It's already become a routine anyway. If they had a family event, then they all agreed to celebrate the christmas a little bit late.

"You seem neglected me everytime Vic unnie is around.." yoona said it loud enough for kyuhyun to hear.

Kyuhyun who had been filling his plate with food, halted, he made sure that it was yoona who talked to him earlier. Although it's barely seen, but kyuhyun could see an unsubtle pout on her lips. Kyuhyun grinned, "Are you jealous with her?"

Yoona put the last pie to her plate and scoffed, "Who? Me? I'm not. I'm just..." yoona seemed couldn't find the right word. She's in denial that she was actually on that state right now.

"You're just....?" Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow teasingly.

Yoona snorted, "Just.. Forget it..!"

The smile on kyuhyun lips were getting bigger. He's a smart guy, he knew that his childhood friend has a feeling for him. He knew because he just feel the same way like she did.

Every christmas in all his life is always been the memorable christmas he ever had. There's more to come and he just couldn't wait to see the magic that would happen on Christmas day. But one thing for sure, today, he would...

"Victoria..!!" Hyukjae shout in horror. The next thing kyuhyun heard was victoria screamed in pain. Kyuhyun didn't know what happened, he just impulsively rushed to her side, "What's wrong?"

"She put too much oil to the grill station and the fire..." Changmin couldn't continue his words.

Victoria crying in pain, "It hurts..." she wanted to touch the burned side but kyuhyun immediately shoved her hand away, "Let's bring her to hospital."

Changmin nodded, "I'll drive."

 

Kyuhyun, Changmin, Hyukjae, Donghae, and Yoona patiently wait near the emergency lounge.

"I shouldn't asked her to cook." Changmin blaming himself.

Kyuhyun and yoona's trying to comfort him, "It's not your fault. It's just an accident. She will be alright."

Right after that the doctor came out and said the wounds are not pretty bad or serious. With a proper treatment, she could check out tomorrow.

"I'm sorry that i freaked you guys out." Victoria apologized with her weird korean accent.

"It's okay. Are you feel alright? The doctor said you can go home tomorrow." kyuhyun explained attentively. He didn't realized that what he did at that time, just formed a conclusion for two people who's watching silently.

"Next time you should be careful. I already informed your mom. She's yelling at me." Hyukjae laughed awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. I'll explain to her later." Victoria gave hyukjae an apologetical look.

"You guys just go home. I'll stay for tonight, accompanying her." Kyuhyun said.

"Okay then. See you tomorrow. Get well soon, alright?" Donghae patted on victoria's head.

"Goodbye Vic unnie. I'll visit you again tomorrow." Yoona kissed her on forehead.

Yoona took a last glamce before finally leaving the emergency room with other boys.

After that incident, something's changed unintendedly and slowly had drifted them apart unknowingly, leaving the duo eunhae became confused but later they found out that there were a complicated relationship between changmin-yoona-kyuhyun-victoria.

It's true that after that incident, Kyuhyun and Victoria became more closer. It's because Kyuhyun was actually dotted on Victoria like his own sister. His mom and Victoria's mother are friends, since Victoria's parents travel a lot, so sometimes Kyu's mom will invite her to their house and Kyuhyun just have a responsibility as brother to protect her. After the incident, the responsibility just getting more stronger. But sometimes Kyu was just a boy, to the point he failed to see the look in both Yoona and Changmin's eyes. Once Kyuhyun realized it, Yoona already made up a decision.

"You're going to Japan? When? Why? Why are you not telling me before making the decision?"

Yoona smiled faintly, "Well i did now. It wouldn't make any difference whether i told you beforehand or not. Right?"

The answer to that question was 'Yes. It would.' But at that moment Kyuhyun just swallowed back again those words. "When will you leave?" Kyuhyun absentmindedly asked.

"Tomorrow night. Will you come?"

 

Kyuhyun didn't come. Yoona had waited enough, although she's a little bit confused because her leaving shouldn't be a problem for kyuhyun right? That at least they could say a proper goodbye. But whatever it was, Yoona tried to understand.

 

 

The next Christmas, they still held a christmas party. It's just this time... There was no Yoona. It's the first time they celebrated christmas without Im Choding Yoona. It felt somewhat empty. Yoona is one of the mood- maker in their group.

It's true that they sometimes exchanged messages through email or IM or a phone call. But it wouldn't be the same. They missed her. Especially Kyuhyun.

"Do you miss her?" Victoria's soft voice teared up Kyuhyun weighted mind.

Kyuhyun only smiled as a remark.

"I'm sorry for causing a misunderstanding between you guys. I feel awful."

"Don't say that. If anyone to blame, that was me. I've known her for the rest of my life. But still failed to acknowledge the way her mind works."

"Girls are complicated. Right?" Victoria chuckled to her own statement. "But no matter how complicated it is... One thing is for sure... She will still keep you in her mind for another year or maybe years. Don't lose the chance, Kyu."

 

 

24 Desember 2009

It's been 3 months since Yoona's graduation day. Finally she could free herself from all the hard night when she had to study a pile of giant books that made her sick already. But at the same time made her don't want to let go the friends that she made along the way, like Yuri, Jessica, Nichkhun, Jongin, and also Jiyoung.

"You're not going back to Korea? Spend the new year there maybe?" Jongin asked Yoona curiously.

Yoona shrugged nonchalantly, "I don't know. Maybe after new year. Why? You don't want me to be here?"

Jongin laughed, "No. I'm just wondering whether you miss your family or not."

"My parents travel a lot. Since i was a kid. So it doesn't matter."

"Or maybe with someone else..?"

Yoona laughed to Jongin's unsubtle question. She's a smart girl. She knows where this conversation goes.

"I'm not seeing anybody right now if that's what you're asking. You're too obvious."

Jongin covered his embarrasment by laughing, "Am i?"

Yoona chuckled, "Yes you are. Mr. Obvious."

"Yeah. You guys keep talking together. Just pretend that we're not here. Alright?" Jessica retorted.

Yoona snorted, "You guys are lame. Just shut up."

And they kept teasing Yoona and Jongin. Jongin was indeed have a special feeling for Yoona. Who doesn't anyway? Yoona is a smart, pretty, and also a witty girl. But.. 4 years that he spent for catching her attention was failed. Kind of made Jongin wondering, whether Yoona was seeing someone or have someone on her mind.

"Look at your 10. There's this creepy guy who's been staring at you since 15 minutes ago." Yuri whispered loud enough for Yoona to hear.

Yoona impulsively look at her left side. She gasped. A familiar guy's sitting 2 tables away from them. He changed his hairstyle but she knew him by heart. She smiled and waved at him.

 

 

25 December 2012

 

Kyuhyun is busy looking at a series of rings that's put on a glass display. All of them are beautiful with all the big shining diamond on it. However, Kyuhyun already ordered a special one. A custom made with his name and also his beloved one's name carved on the inside of the rings.

"Here you go sir.." the manager directly handed a little box to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun observes the ring attentively. He can see their name inside. He's satisfied with it, "Thank you. This is beautiful."

"She must be the luckiest girl in the world." the manager said, it's one of his usual compliments that he gives to a special customer who asked for a custom ring like kyuhyun did.

Kyuhyun nods as a remark. He just can't wait to see the big smile on Yoona's face.

 

 

"Hey baby.." Kyuhyun gives Yoona a butterfly kiss on her face.

Yoona chuckles, "You seem in a very good mood today. Did something good happen?" Yoona kiss him back.

"It's a secret. You'll know by it later." He kiss her again, this time on her lips.

Yoona giggles between their kiss, "Okay. By the way, i already prepared a hot water for you. Go take a bath. I'll prepare our dinner."

"You don't want to join?" Kyuhyun asks in a teasing way.

But Yoona just hit him playfully. She's happy right now. She's glad that 4 years ago Kyuhyun decided to go to Japan and claimed back what's still on her heart. Her love for him. There's a misunderstanding, but she realized that when all of a sudden Victoria called her and explain everything. Now they're dating for 4 years and she never felt happy than this.

 

"It's too bad that our friends can't join us tonight." Yoona seems a little bit disappointed because she misses them a lot. They're all busy these days and didn't have a time to mingle like before. It's quite sad what routinity can do to them.

"It's okay. We still got another time. New year's eve we'll meet again. Besides, we're now having more quality time together. Right?"

"Yeah. You're right." yoona grins playfully, "should we go somewhere since it's a holiday? You know, just like what victoria unnie and changmin do right now?"

Kyuhyun thinks about the idea carefully, "Yeah we can do that. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. Maybe Jeju island?"

"Alright. We can go tomorrow night. In a meantime, can you please help me taking my socks on bedside table? My feet is cold."

"Alright. Wait." Yoona gets up from her chair and goes to their bedroom.

Yoona raises her eyebrow when she's rather attracted to a little red box on their bedside table. There's a paper on it that says 'Open it, honey'

Yoona cluelessly just do what the paper say. She gasps once she realized what's in there.

"Do you like it?" Kyuhyun suddenly appeared on the door.

Yoona turns her body. She looks at kyuhyun in disbelief, "Is this what i think it is?"

Kyuhyun smiles. He slowly approaches her and took one of the ring, the small one, which has kyuhyun's name carved on it, "I know i'm not a romantic guy. But i love you. No matter how overbearing i am, will you spend the rest of your life with me?" Kyuhyun asks in a full confidence. He knows that Yoona will accept to his proposal because she loves him too much and so does he. He just can't imagine the world without her.

Yoona's tearing up. She doesn't need a romantic guy. Having Kyuhyun is enough. So without a single doubt, "Yes, i will. Of course i will."

Kyuhyun inserts the ring to her finger and whisper to her lips, "I love you."

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

Merry Christmas, musketeers have a wonderful joy ^^