Chapter 3

Girl From Nowhere (CURRENTLY BUSY MANAGING STORY OFFLINE- ON SEMI HIATUS)

 

 

Moments later..

Nam Woohyun whistled on his way home from the laundry shop.

He finally reached the front door when his eyes noticed something. He tilted his head and squinted.

There was definitely something in the dark.

Woohyun carefully chose his steps to their backyard.

He spotted a figure, lying helplessly ahead him.

Woohyun slowly approached the figure. He confirmed the stranger as a high-school student that probably goes to the same school as him by her messy, stained with little blood uniform. Woohyun carefully poked her.

She showed no signs of movements.

He tried to poke her again, this time he poked her continuously.

She still showed him no reactions.

Woohyun immediately shook her body and spun her to face him.

Woohyun gasped and looked away. He bit his lower lip as he turned to her again.

What the hell happened to this girl?? Oh my god…oww..

Woohyun exhaled and grabbed the body closer to him. He stood up as he finally carried her. Woohyun quickly walked towards their back door.

***

[Sunggyu’s POV]

I watched as Sungyeol and Sungjong cleaned the table. Sungyeol turned to do the dishes while Sungjong was still wiping the table.

I exhaled and turned to the refrigerator to get a glass of milk.

All of a sudden, I heard an ear-piercing squeal and a loud shriek, followed by a thud on the back door. I spun and stared stonily at the two, who seemed to be focusing onto something. I glanced around and saw Woohyun, who was panting as he entered from the back door.

My eyes slowly lowered to the figure he was carrying above his arms.

“Nam Woohyun..” I started.

“Later hyung. Come and help me first,” Woohyun quickly cut me off.

***

[Woohyun’s POV]

Sunggyu led the way to their room. When we passed the living room, everyone paid their attention on us. They stared at me in confusion. One by one, they started to follow us from behind with quizzical looks.

I slowly placed the girl on the bed and stepped backwards. I noticed all of us are here. Each of them stared the figure carefully.

Dongwoo made his way towards her and observed the figure keenly.

“Oh-ho, this is terrible,” He pointed out. He stepped back after that, so we could notice the bruises and bleeds she had.

I saw Dongwoo left the room and came back with a towel and a basin of water afterwards. All of us turned to him.

Dongwoo suddenly volunteered to dab the blood that came from her nose. He wiped it clean until the face of her is clean from any dried blood.

“Who is she?” Sunggyu asked, eyeing the stranger in front of him.

“I found her outside, should we call the police?” I replied.

“No, you idiot. We should call the ambulance first. Just look at her terrible bruises,” Hoya chimed in.

“Did you just call me idiot for no specific reasons?” I glared at him.

“Is she okay?” Sungjong joined in. He stepped closer towards the girl. Sungyeol exhaled, feeling pity at her condition.

“I hope she isn’t pretending, she might be a stalker,” L spoke up. Everyone turned to him.

“What?” L retorted.

“Stalker or not, we better get her treated fast,” Dongwoo said.

I looked back at her.

“Let’s get her to the hospital,” I finally said.

“Are you nuts? We barely even know her!” L snapped. Sunggyu glanced at him.

“Which is why we need to get her treated fast, so we could know why she’s unconscious on our lawn,” Sunggyu replied calmly. L turned his head away from him.

“I’ll get the car ready,” Dongwoo spoke up.

“I’ll get her some warm clothes,” Sungyeol added as he left. L grunted and stomped off after Sungyeol.

The four us exchanged glances.

“I feel sorry for her. Just look at her condition,” Hoya muttered.

I placed my hands on my hips as I sighed.

“Somehow, she looks quite familiar to me. If it weren’t for the bruises, I might be able to recognize her,” Sungjong carefully brushed her hair away from her face.

“Alright guys, let’s get going. Hoya, stay home with Sungyeol and L. We’ll inform you guys when we reached the hospital,” Sunggyu ordered.

Hoya nodded and left the room after that.

After getting two pieces of warm jackets from Sungyeol, I left as Sunggyu carried the stranger out, followed by Sungjong.

Dongwoo has parked the car in front of the gate ready as he waited for us to get in.

I sat next to the driver’s seat while Sunggyu sat on the second row seats with Sungjong. They had the girl’s head carefully placed on Sunggyu’s thigh and Sungjong supported her legs. The girl was also wrapped with Sungyeol’s jackets around her body and her lower body.

***

The doctor was finally seen, so the four of us walked up to him.

“How is she, doctor?” Dongwoo asked.

“Are you her family members?” The doctor asked.

“I’m her brother,” Sunggyu lied. The three of us glanced at him.

“Oh, good to know. The patient isn’t really in her best condition. She almost loses her sight on her left eye and her hearing ability on her right ear. There wasn’t any confirmation yet though, all you need to do is to help the patient to prevent it from happening by getting her eye and ear checkups every two weeks. A couple of her rib bones are broken, and she sprained some major muscles on both of her legs. There were some swollen gums and she almost broke her nose. I shot the patient with some injections so, she is currently resting right now,” The doctor explained fully, “And don’t worry, we will give you the full medicines required, just take it all from the receptionist later,”

Sungjong had his hand on his mouth, feeling dismay and sympathy. Dongwoo patted his shoulder in comfort.

Sunggyu talked more to the doctor and turned to us.

“What else did he say?” I nudged him.

“Nothing much. He just told to always treat the bruises and probably some cuts daily. Also that she had some small stitches on the back of her head,” Sunggyu ended it with a sigh.

I exhaled as I glanced away.

“Should we call the police now?” I asked them.

“Later, let’s get to know her name first. I’m more worried for her family,” Sunggyu replied.

“Hyung, I want to check on her,” Sungjong requested. Sunggyu nodded and led us into the ward.

***

[Narrator’s POV]

The four guys walked in carefully as they entered. They didn’t want to wake the companion who had half of her head bandaged and was resting peacefully on the white bed.

They stared over her, didn’t even know what to do with her.

That was when the companion opened her eyes slowly.

The four of them were surprised, so they tried to approach her.

“Hey..” Sungjong said.

Dongwoo noticed her blank eyes so he held Sungjong from getting any nearer.

“Hey, umm…who are you?” Woohyun asked hesitantly.

Yoonmi didn’t answer him; her eyes are fully drawn into the thin air.

The rest of the guys could only stare and waited for some response.

Yoonmi turned to Sunggyu.

“Home..” she whispered in a very low tone.

“Ne?” Sunggyu asked.

“Home.. Let’s go home,” Yoonmi said finally. She even got off the bed. Yoonmi noticed the four guys were looking at her in confusion.

She tugged on Dongwoo’s sleeves.

“Let’s go home,” She said flatly. Dongwoo nodded as he stared into her eyes.

Woohyun looked at Dongwoo.

“Home? Which home?” He whispered. Dongwoo shrugged and focused on Yoonmi.

Yoonmi ignored the four guys and started to walk out. The rest panickly followed her from behind.

Yoonmi finally reached the main entrance. Sunggyu immediately rushed to her despite the windy weather outside.

Sunggyu quickly took off his jacket and wrapped it around Yoonmi. The rest of the guys finally caught up, surprised by Sunggyu’s manly manners.

“It’s cold, are you okay?” Sunggyu asked her. Yoonmi continued to daze forward. It seemed like her soul already left her body since she woke up.

“I’ll go get the car,” Dongwoo volunteered once again. Sunggyu nodded in approval.

“I’ll get to the receptionist and sort out her bills,” Woohyun informed them. The two then left in different directions.

Sungjong bravely took his steps forward beside Yoonmi.

“What’s your name?” He asked friendly.

“Home… I need to go home,” Yoonmi replied in a low tone.

Sungjong could only nod and exhaled silently. He kept on a smile to keep being friendly.

“That’s Dongwoo, let’s get her in,” Sunggyu nudged Sungjong and tilted his head to their car’s position.

Sungjong helped Sunggyu to lead Yoonmi into the car.

This time, Sunggyu took the passenger’s seat next to the driver. Woohyun arrived a while later and took the seat next to Yoonmi.

“I need to go home..” Yoonmi said again.

Dongwoo cleared his throat and started to drive off.

The whole journey was quiet and awkward.  Even the driver, Dongwoo didn’t know where else to head. All Yoonmi’s responses were the same thing. She just replied that she needs to go home.

After an hour of driving, Dongwoo finally spoke up.

“Where should we go?” He asked as his eyes never leave the road ahead.

There was no reply from their new companion.

Sunggyu glanced back to check Yoonmi.

Woohyun and Sungjong both turned to their sides at the same time.

Yoonmi has fallen asleep. As the road gets bumpy, Woohyun carefully lend his shoulder and placed her head carefully on it. He gently her hair back to her ear.

“Hyung, it must’ve been the effects from the medicine,” Woohyun explained.

Sunggyu sighed and turned back to the road.

“Let’s just bring her home hyung, eo? Just for a night. She needs shelter anyways. Besides, it’s getting late already. The rest of the guys must’ve been waiting,” Sungjong pleaded.

Dongwoo took a quick glance at Sunggyu, anticipating his answer.

Sunggyu let out a deep sigh and finally nodded.

“Let’s just get home. You guys need to rest, you all have school tomorrow,”

From the back seat, Sungjong mouthed a ‘Yes’ happily. Woohyun just couldn’t help but smile. He observed her face, thousands of questions played in his mind.

 

--x--

Hey guys! Updated! :)

I read the comments and i would like to say thank you! :DD

 And oh, don't forget to share this fanfic with your friends! Your family! Your hamster (lol.. gyu :3)! Or even your neighbour's dog! HAHAHA.

Here, NamWoo's plead..:

HEHE. JK. ^^ 
Okey, imma continue to edit the next Chapter for you guys. 

Stay tuned!

-Candywoo :3