Penny....??

Welcome to Secret Myth

"Oh, that's why I couldn't contact her," Fool nods knowingly, gazing into the distance.
"Come again, what?" I look at Fool curiously. "Why do you need to contact her for?" I stare hard at Fool's eyes, searching for any mistake or lies.
"You don't need to know," he shrugs decisively. I frown at him and nod, "Well, I'll just ask Devil about it,"
Fool flinches but regardlessly, he stays silent.
"So, you're the 'shadow'?" Minho inquires as he surveys the crying girl. Oh, and Onew had been shoved from the room while being called 'insensitive' and a 'jerk'. The crying girl nods as she sniffles. Key on the other hand looks lost at the tears dripping down her face.
"Then, what's your name?" Jonghyun gently coaxs the girl.
"People called me Penny," she whispers quietly. Jonghyun smiles and nods.
"Alright then, I'm Jonghyun. Hi Penny," he continues.
I scoff inwardly. What is he? A kindergarten teacher?
"Hi Jonghyun," Penny murmurs as she looks up from her lap. Jonghyun starts to introduce us.
"This is Minho. He's very competitive. This is Taemin, he's the youngest. That means you can bully him," Jonghyun gesture to Minho and Taemin, ignoring both of their protests.
"This is Key, he's a bit of an idiot and the person outside is Onew, he's a chicken maniac," he grins broadly. "And this is," he gestures to me, a cheeky smile on his face. "Mee-"
"Your Highness," Penny whispers, standing up and gracefully bowing.
I start to laugh hysterically. Even Fool chuckles unnaturally besides me. Penny looks on with much confusement at both of us while the others look shock, petrified to their spot.
"Oh," I gasp "It's an inside joke," I try smooth the error over. Fool just nods furiously. We both stare at Penny. "I thought I told you to stop referring me to 'Your Highness'" I smile while spewing the words through gritted teeth.
"HAHAHA!" Fool guffaws. In fact, his laughing was so unnatually, I sent him back to his card form.
"Yep," I smile around the silent room. "Just an inside thing," I sigh contently. "What were we talking about?"

"So," Onew slowly says "She killed her own sister...without her knowing?" staring at Penny, he reaches out for another chicken piece. After being let in, he complained that he was left alone with no chickens with him.
"Oh, enough with the chickens," Taemin groans as he pushes away the carton of chicken away.
"How is that possible?" Minho asks, musing the puzzle over.
"Let's ask Moon," I suggest, reaching out for the leather case.
"NO!" Penny shrieks out, hands over her ears.
"Look what you done!" Jonghyun whacks me on the head. I glare at him and threateningly slides out The Devil card and flipping it in front of his face. He gulps. "I'm sincerely apologising,"
"Don't call Mistress please," Penny whimpers. "Please don't,"
"Okay, I won't," I assure her. "While you're at it, would you mind teaching Key how to handle the crystal ball?" I cajole Penny and she nods.
Key looks devastated at me. "Again?" he whines.
"Don't worry, I won't pull your hair," Penny promises. With his, Key follows Penny to the other end of the room with a lighter, happier face.
"Penny," I mutter. The word sounds strange. Sounds familiar. Echoes of laughters swirl inside my head, I frown, grabbing on that sound.


'Round and round we shall go,
Pull the waters from the globe,
We wll spin again and again,
Shadows will come and go,
Round and round we shall be,
Guiding the losts to safety!'


I gape as realisation strikes me. I smile as I turn to look at Penny and Key. Now I know why the name sounds so familiar.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________--
How long had it been?
I'm so so so so sorry that I left this story on hiatus. BUT NO MORE! Exams are finished!
I'm free for imagination and for SHINee!
I'm free for my precious readers to enjoy my lousy stories!
But, without you, I won't be here...
So thank you so very much for letting me to come and share my vivide imaginations!
I'm BACK!

-Sakura4li

P.S. Enjoy~