someday | wooyoung/iu

내 마음 ☆ A COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve figured it out now that you’re my only love,

I’ll become the warm wind and embrace you,

12시34분(Nothing Better) by TVXQ

“It’s not that I don’t love you… it’s just that I don’t know if I want you enough to stay.”

Taeyeon sings to him in front of everyone inside a bus for a field trip to really God knows where and he hates the thoughts that run through his head.

He thinks the original version of this is better even though she’s amazing and her voice is exquisite. It’s a shame he’s not even thinking of Taeyeon the way he should be when she’s pouring her heart out in song for him. Only for him. He doesn’t really seem to care right now. No, not at all.

He’s thinking about another girl, the girl. The girl he can never seem to stop thinking about. The one with her hair down in soft curls and a beautiful smile. She broke his heart once, he knows that. She didn’t want him enough, he gets it.

It hurts him, how she can be the one that broke his heart and still be able to continue doing so even when he’s claimed to move on.

Wooyoung braves a look at her and all he sees is his friend (was he a friend? They hung out at the same gym together, does that count? Maybe. Yes. Perhaps.) singing to his girl, the girl that would always be his. At least in secret, in his mind – where no one knows and no one dares to ask.

So Ji-eun is Chundoong’s warm wind? Wooyoung remembers a time when Ji-eun was his and only his. His breath, his freedom. A part of him will always believe that to be true and he (and everyone, even Taeyeon, even her) knows it.

This song- he’s heard it a thousand times. It’s familiar and reminiscent… He vaguely remembers a warm breeze and lying on the grass – a memory? Wooyoung feels like there’s something significant about this song and oh-

 

.. .. ..

 

“I love you.”

Ji-eun looks up from her homework on his bed, where she’s sitting, eyes widening as the words slowly registered in her head. “You what?” she asks, mouth agape.She honestly doesn’t know how she’s able to form any words right now because her mind is reeling and her heart is racing and Oh my God – Did I just hear right?

Wooyoung shrugs from where he’s sitting on his swiveling computer chair, homework long forgotten in front of him and clicks away on his RPG game. “Yeah.”

Ji-eun shakes her head. “Wooyoung, we’ve only been dating for two months.”

He haphazardly shrugs again, saying, “So?”

“I- I was hoping the first time we said that would be somewhere, I don’t know, more romantic.”

Wooyoung nods, leaning toward the bed – stretching his legs over his sheets with his polka dot socks on. “I just said it because I wanted to say it.”

Ji-eun opens , her head swirling. Dizzy. “Wooyoung- I,”

“I know we haven’t dated that long, but- wait, did you say what I think you said because I think you did-”

She blinks at him. “What?”

He grins at her and wheels himself towards her. “Did you mean you wanted us both to say it? Because that’s what it sounded like.”

“I don’t—”she sees his face fall and inwardly she grins. “—know exactly what to say.”

Wooyoung smiles a little because she’s beautiful and her eyes are a little watery (no one’s ever really said that to her besides her parents) and she still looks just a bit shocked.

She lowers her head and shrugs. She asks, her voice soft, “Why?” Why do you love me?

He shrugs, smiling while his heart breaks a little because she seems so shocked that someone could love her the way he does. “I don’t know. I didn’t really know what it was until today during dance practice and the choir was practicing too and then when we were done – you came over and I put my arm around your shoulder and, I don’t know, it just felt right, you know?”

Ji-eun nods, smiles – happy, exhilarated. Her heart is beating a little too loudly in her chest and she feels like she’s floating on air. He loves her. He loves her. He loves her.It still hasn’t settled in yet. “Oh…”

“I loveyou because,” he pauses, “you act like you’re not worth mentioning in school when you have the most amazing voice I have ever heard. You look so beautiful with or without your glasses on and not a lot of people can pull that off and you get this crunched up look on your face when you’re thinking really hard in English which I just don’t get why you still take because I can barely understand it but the point is – I love everything about you and I just… I don’t know – I just felt it.”

Ji-eun blinks back tears and reaches toward him—grabbing a fistful of his shirt at the collar and pulls him up on the bed. She presses her lips to his and leans into him as his arms encircle her waist and they rest on the small of her back.

She smiles when his hands give her waist a light squeeze as she rubbed the hair on his nape. Her phone rings on his bedside table next to his yogurt and Snoopy alarm clock.

“Forget it,” Ji-eun says against his mouth.

Wooyoung smiles because he thinks he might just love her ringtone and it’s totally cliché (he learned that in English today!) and describes her (them) so perfectly.

He’s just about to tell her so but then she’s mumbles something into his lips that sounds a lot like I love you tooand he seems to forget everything else.


.. .. ..


The love I promised you on that day will always remain forever…

Wooyoung’s eyes scan the room; sees all the different reactions to this song. There’s Mr. Park leaning against Taecyeon and lightly snoring, Siwon and Tiffany looking at each other lovingly as Sooyoung just stares at them, sad expression on her pretty face. There’s Donghae and Jessica texting each other, Chundoong just tapping his foot to the rhythm and humming

Then there’s Ji-eun. She’s just Ji-eun, this gorgeous girl he fell in love with. The same girl that stomped all over him and his heart and doesn’t even seem to remember what she did to him. She’s the lead soloist for the choir (again, last year she lost to Taeyeon) just like he knew she would be. He sees her foot daintily tucked under the other one, wavy brown hair pulled into a long braid running along the side of her shoulder. She stares out the window, her fingers playing with the fraying edges of her pink and blue cartoon blanket.

He told her once that he loved her in whatever she wore for choir. She asked him why but he only replied with a “Just ‘cause” and a shrug. He didn’t tell her why (because hello, it’s embarrassing to notice your girlfriend’s clothes) but it was because she seemed happie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter