It's our day.

Christmas Lights.

 

First of all, MERRY CHRISTMAS people~~ I hope you all had a wonderful night ^^
 
I won't say much, I just hope everybody likes this... Specially my dear friend Semy86~ She give me such a great Christmas gift that I wanted to do the same for her! So I hope I did a good job with this :D 
As I told before, I took the title from a Coldplay song which its also in this one-shot ^^ So if you want to get in the mood just listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rYmzQ8C9Q :)
I don't want to make you wait any longer, so thank you again Semy! ^^ 
Enjoy~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Across the black night sky tiny little snowflakes were falling delicately slow, their pure white color contrasting perfectly in harmony with the dark tint of the vast dim firmament. Being kindly push by the freezing night wind those pearly snowflakes rolls in slow-motion to different directions; landing quietly above high rooftops, softly lying upon the crowded streets and magically conforming themselves as the fragile coat of the green treetops. Flying through the cold night of Seoul they mix with the bright christmas lights around the busy city, their immaculate white color taking shining shades of red, green, golden and silver that lasted less than an anxious heart beat as the gentle breeze push them forward with a light caress.

 

Passing by endless crystal windows the cold wind playfully lead those fragile snowflakes to one in particular, making the snow softly accrue upon the refined wooden frame and letting a pair of clear brown orbs watch the natural spectacle in the most mesmerizing silent. Mixing nicely with the strong twinkle of the starry sky the little snowflakes are reflected in those sweet seas, taking a soft nuance of warm longing and eager anticipation. Those light eyes blink slowly, almost hearing the mild sound of the falling snow merging with the beautiful melody calmly blasting through his headphones.

 Christmas night, another fight

Tears we cried a flood

Got all kinds of poison in

Poison in my blood…

“So sad…” Nichkhun thinks at the first phrases of the song, feeling a nervous grip around his heart.

I took my feet

To Oxford Street

Trying to right a wrong

‘Just walk away’

Those windows say

But I can't believe she's gone…

“¿Will he tell me to walk away…? ¿Will he be gone after tonight…?” Nichkhun wonders as his insecure gaze falls down to his cold hands, feeling the ugly touch of fear ghosting over his heart.

When you're still waiting for the snow to fall

Doesn't really feel like Christmas at all…

-Uh, ¿where are you…?- Nichkhun ask into the air, seeing his warm whisper clashing with the cold temperature near the window, fogging it in the process.

 Hearing the echo of the magic piano notes gently rumbling around his memories Nichkhun’s brown eyes fall off closed slowly; watching clearly in the quiet darkness every single moment they spend together. Every tender hug, since the old first one to the one of hours ago. Every warm gaze, since the shyest one turning the most accomplice. Every contented smile brightening up each one of his rainy days. Every sweet kiss, from the most adorable pecks to the most lustful caress of their mouths…Every breathe-taking moment they share was engraved with fire in his mind, heart, soul and skin.

Up above candles on air flicker

Oh they flicker and they float

But I'm up here holding on

To all those chandeliers of hope…

A small, almost unnoticed smirk paints itself upon Nichkhun’s plump lips as the nice piano notes mix magnificently with the playful sound of a guitar, the harmonious beat of drums and the kind melody of fingers ghosting over the soft strings of a bass.

Like some drunken Elvis singing

I go singing out of tune

Saying how I always loved you darling

And I always will…

To the beatings of his heart being flood with renewed hope and pushing away any freezing touch of fear Nichkhun open his eyes slightly excited, seeing the snowflakes still falling outside the clear window.

Oh when you're still waiting for the snow to fall

Doesn't really feel like Christmas at all

Still waiting for the snow to fall

It doesn't really feel like Christmas at all…

Hearing how the fascinating music of the song turns softly nice as the magic murmur of violins echoes through his earphones  Nichkhun lets himself smile wider, feeling a little bit more anxious to have him in his arms ones again and finally tell him what he had been keeping in silence all this time.

Those Christmas lights

Light up the street

Down where the sea and city meet

May all your troubles soon be gone

Oh Christmas lights keep shining on

 

Those Christmas lights

Light up the street

Maybe they'll bring her back to me

Then all my troubles will be gone

Oh Christmas lights keep shining on…

The sweetly powerful music of the piano rings in his mind along with the whispers of the guitar and the bass mixing in perfect harmony with the kind drums; conforming themselves as Nichkhun’s special background to remember all these past days he had been so deep into his most important thoughts. Swimming across fearful doubts and honest emotions his heart and mind had a hard time finding the answer his was yearning for so strongly… but even if his soul was shaking a little at the only thought of his wonderful dream becoming an horrible nightmare Nichkhun is sure of the decision he made.

Nervously sure, of course, but sure nevertheless…

Oh Christmas lights

Light up the street

Light up the fireworks in me

May all your troubles soon be gone

Oh Christmas lights keep shining on.

Being so concentrated in the amazingly masterpiece sounding delightfully loud in his ears Nichkhun missed the silent murmur of the door opening and closing behind his back; just like the impatience rumbling of his heartbeats echoing along with the last instants of the sweet piano notes didn’t let those soft steps coming closer to him pass through his ears to announce the presence of one particular someone he had been anxious and nervously waiting since the tired sun hide behind the distant horizon and the fancy moon took its place around the shining starts.

A soft, fragile arm closed around his neck while small, slender fingers take off one of his headphones and warm, pouty lips whispers right into his ear playful words ringing with the sweetest tone Nichkhun had never heard from someone else… but it was so peculiar of him.

-¿Why is hyung sitting here all alone…?-

To the strong feeling of his excited heart skipping a hard beat a wide, happy smile curves in Nichkhun’s plump lips as he impatiently rush to leave his IPod forgotten beside the clear window. Anxious his hand search for that small one; intertwining their fingers in a warm grip that makes their skins burns slightly against each other. He silently stands up and turns, his eager brown eyes immediately finding those black seas which shine as strong as every colorful light of the Christmas Eve.

-I wasn’t alone… you are always here with me, ¿right?- Nichkhun ask, soft and low. Seeing in those sweet orbs the memory of those words he said to him some cloudy day of their past.

Nichkhun hears him humming, calm and melodious. Nichkhun watches him nod, almost in slow motion. Nichkhun sees with detailing attention how those pink lips magically form themselves in that tender smile which accelerates his heartbeats and fills his soul with the warmness only him could give him… Nichkhun feels him hugging him finally; those short arms wrapped around him tightly as those small yet strong hands squeeze slightly nervous the sweater covering his back.

-I missed you…- he whispers against Nichkhun’s shoulder, each letter of those words sinking deep with yearning under his breathe.

Nichkhun didn’t thought he could smile wider, but his cheeks are hurting at the moment because clearly he could, he can and he will. Because Nichkhun is hugging him, he has him in his arms, he just simply feels happy. They had shared so many embraces exactly like this one in the long time they were together, but for Nichkhun each one feels like the first…

Every single new hug, every time their eyes meet, every single brush of their mouths, every honest word, and every slight touch makes his heart grow bigger and stronger with love.

-I’ve missed you too, Wooyoung…-

Words slid out his lips in a barely audible murmur, as his arms gently pull the young boy closer; wanting to feel more of the addictive scent of Wooyoung mixing with the pleasant perfume of the night impregnated in his cloths. Seeing that little left ear turning bright red Nichkhun lower his face, nuzzling lovingly that heated chubby cheek with his sharp nose; gaining a embarrass tremble spreading along the small anatomy locked in his tight embrace.

-Khun…- Wooyoung whispers, slightly shy. Moving his head softly to the left, making their breaths clash together in the cold gap separating their mouths.

But Wooyoung doesn’t move any further, he stay still, with his black eyes looking down without daring to take a glance up. Nichkhun knows he is begging; he is being him loudly silent because Wooyoung just can’t do it himself. It’s not because Nichkhun was the one who always do it, to say the true it were those pouty lips which all the time caress his own without feeling any shame. But in intimate moments like this, in special nights like this one Nichkhun knows just by looking at how blushed that chubby cheek is that Wooyoung can’t do it… that Wooyoung is too embarrassed.

 “How cute…” Nichkhun thinks amazed; trying to remember when was the last time Wooyoung begged him to kiss him with such a bright carmine color blooming in those chubby, lovely cheeks.

Leaning a little closer Nichkhun can see how Wooyoung slowly his bottom lip, expectant and impatient at the same, as it shines deliciously moist under the bright light of the cottage. Biting back the smirk which was fighting to curve up in his mouth Nichkhun leans tantalizingly a little bit more, letting their lips just brushed softly against each other as he feels how Wooyoung’s little hands pulls him closer, so desperately eager… and Nichkhun didn’t had the heart to make him wait any longer.

Just like the gentle touch of the winter breeze pulling together those little snowflakes upon the forgotten window Nichkhun’s lips finally collided sweetly with those pink, soft ones. To the beat of their accelerated hearts their longing mouths move delightfully slow against each other, enjoying each of those warm waves spreading along their bodies at every new caress of their yearning lips. It was just pure sweetness burning between their sensible skins; it was just the sincere demonstration of how much they had been missed each other along the day. There were no lust and no red desire clouding minds with lewd intentions…

…There was just that strong feeling of being together passing thought their lips and saying special things which words could make sound so simple.

Burning lungs running out of precious oxygen force them to pull apart, stealing frustrated sighs from those slightly swollen mouths. Soft irregular breathings mix in the tiny gap separating them, while black orbs ashamedly slow look up at brown clear seas which silent were waiting from them.

-M-Merry Christmas, Khun…- Wooyoung whispers, so cutely embarrass; as his bright pink lips paint itself in a lovely smile.

-¿Shouldn’t we open the presents to say that?- Nichkhun ask somewhat playful, seeing in awe how Wooyoung’s eyes open wide just like his swollen mouth forms a cute ‘o’

-¡That’s right! ¡The presents!- Wooyoung exclaims excited, just like the 5 years old kid their fans think he is. -¡Come hyung, let’s open them!- he says, his little hands hurriedly dragging Nichkhun to the couch.

To the warm sensation of those soft fingers caressing his skin all the short way to the couch Nichkhun can feel a small, tender smile conforming on his face at the sight of Wooyoung’s sweet eyes shining brightly joyful. He sees the incandescent image of the fireplace in front of them reflect on those dark seas, finally feeling the comfortable cushions under their weights. Nichkhun’s dazed brown orbs turn a way for a moment, watching Wooyoung’s hands taking from under the near Christmas tree that big package wrapped with the reddest paper Nichkhun had found.   

-Khun, ¿it’s this for me?- Wooyoung wonder curiously anxious as his brilliant eyes place on Nichkhun, giving him such a wide and beautiful smile.

 -Yeah, Wooyoung. That’s for you.- Nichkhun says slightly amused, watching  Wooyoung’s orbs glowing excited as the young boy hurriedly tear the red paper apart.

Just like his heart was tearing apart to scream the truth...

-H-hyung…- Wooyoung’s low and astonished mumble barely pass through the loud noise of his heartbeats increasing fast at the thought of what he will be confessing in any instant.

Seeing those warm seas place on him so incredulously cute Nichkhun smile gently. -¿Do you like it?- he ask curios, already knowing the answer.

-¡I love it!- Wooyoung answers cheerfully happy, his sparkling black eyes looking down shortly at the amazing snickers on his hands. -¿But how did you knew I wanted them?- he wonders surprise as his little eyes glance up.

-I heard you fanboying about it with Junho like a week ago.- Nichkhun comment with a small hint of mockery in his voice, not being able to suppress himself from smirking.

-¡Hey! ¡I wasn’t fanboying!- Wooyoung fights back with a small pout forming at the end of his words. -¿But how did you get it so fast? These were sold out when Junho and I were checking them.- he tells, somewhat confuse and somewhat amazed.

To the adorable image of his curios Wooyoung Nichkhun simply smirks a little more, leaning closer to the blushing young boy as words slid out his plump lips with a playful ring echoing amused around the small cottage, being accompanied with an accomplice wink of his clear eyes at the end.

-Well… with magic…-

Seeing that tender smile painting in those soft, pouty lips which tells him that Wooyoung understood what he meant Nichkhun leans back to his previous place.

–So, ¿where is my present?- he ask then, hearing Wooyoung’s  sweet chuckle.

His clear orbs watch curiously how the young boy stands up and walks to the one beautiful, antique chair which was resting just beside the front door. Nichkhun sees clearly under the bright light how Wooyoung’s little hands take something out at backpack surely he had left when he walked inside; seeing those slender fingers turning off the light in the process. And anxiously his eyes fallow the steps Wooyoung takes to sit back right beside him on the comfy couch.

-Here…- Wooyoung says softly, giving him a small rectangular package wrapped in a silver and gold paper. –It might not be as fancy and as expensive as yours but… I think you will like it…- Wooyoung comment, sounding so adorably ashamed.

 Feeling his heart being invaded with warm sensations as hot as those blushed chubby cheeks Nichkhun’s smirk smoothly turn into a sweet smile. Looking down at the present his fingertips ghost over the bright wrapper, reading those beautifully made letters upon the small white card place in the center ‘To Khun hyung’, being complete with such a tender smiley face that for a moment Nichkhun felt cruel to ruin the perfectly made wrapper. But feeling how impatiently those black orbs were watching him Nichkhun quick but kindly tear the paper apart…

…Finding the gift he didn’t expect but made his heart sank with nostalgia.

Under the incredulous yet emotional gaze of his brown eyes soft flashes of a silver frame mix magically with the distant spark of yellow, red and orange coming quietly from the fireplace. Seeing the reflect of his clear orbs slowly being flood with tiny little tears Nichkhun watch through the fragile glass the image which makes his heart throb with longing. It was a picture, a picture of his family smiling wide and happy as he has always saw; while they hold a big poster written in nicely made letters conforming  the phase ‘Merry Christmas, Khun. We love you’ which makes him feel touch but at the same time hurt because he can’t spend this particular day at home with them.

He hadn’t say a single word about how much he miss his family and even so Wooyoung had saw it so clearly…

-I know you wanted to spend Christmas with your family, but because of schedule you couldn’t go to Thailand and they couldn’t come here either so I asked them to make this for you… and this is our present…-       

Wooyoung’s soft and deep voice sweetly caress his ears, making his heart beat blissfully fast inside his hot chest. Through the clear reflect of the glass Nichkhun can see some rebel tears rolling down his cheeks as a wide smile paints upon his lips mixing perfectly with the wonderful smiles of his family in the picture. Feeling a little bit embarrass Nichkhun covertly wipes away those warm drops off his cheeks… while a soft, small hand place on his back drawing little circles to comfort him.

-Wooyoung…- Nichkhun calls out in a low whisper, as his shining brown eyes look up, meeting with shy black ones which silently wait for him to talk.

But Nichkhun doesn’t say any word. His long, strong arms reach out wrapping gently around Wooyoung; hugging him tight. Feeling those soft arms closing around his back and ashamedly pulling them more into their warm embrace Nichkhun sighs calmly against Wooyoung’s red ear, as his low voice murmur a secret ‘Than you’ which makes the young boy shiver slightly in his arms.

-Ummm… Don’t be, I will do anything to make you happy…- Wooyoung whispers shyly, feeling his face heating up in embarrassment.

To the sweet echo of those words rumbling loudly in his anxious heart Nichkhun pulls away a little bit harsh; looking directly into those surprised black orbs as a lot of thing cross fast in his dizzy mind. ¿What should he say? ¿How should he say it? All these feelings he has for Wooyoung, he had never felt it for a boy before… ¡not even a girl had made his heart beat like Wooyoung does! ¿But what if Wooyoung doesn’t want this? ¿What if Wooyoung doesn’t want to put such a strong and important emotion like love in their relationship? Nichkhun knows what they have it’s not just physical; it’s not just . They care about each other, there is affection, this they have is important…

But Wooyoung had never mentioned anything about love in all this time, so there’s a chance that Wooyoung doesn’t…  

-Khun…-

Breaking through the fearful sound of his heartbeats getting colder Wooyoung’s warm voice calling him bring him back to reality; letting him feel that that smooth, sweet hand slowly caressing his cheek.

-¿What happen…?- Wooyoung ask softly; his dark, sweet eyes shining with a strong twinkle of concern.

It was so pure, his gaze; has always been like this. Just like his voice, so sweet and soft in his ears. Even his smiles are always so secretly cuter to him. Or his too long hug. There’s a truth in Wooyoung’s eyes, it’s hided in each word Wooyoung’s says and it’s showed in each hug, in each kiss… In everything… Every time… Nichkhun had always has the feeling that he is special to Wooyoung. He has always been so sure…

-I love you…-

Words slid his mouth so confident, without shaking in doubt or fear; as a calm smile comes along with his confession when his soft voice was still echoing around the cottage… Nichkhun had understood, it doesn’t matter if Wooyoung don’t say those words; they have something it goes beyond a lovely phrase or sweet acts.

As long as their hearts beats fast in sync, Nichkhun knows what they have its unbreakable.

But when Nichkhun see those black eyes shining brighter than the fire place, when those pink lips curves in the shyest yet tender smile, when those chubby adorable cheeks become colored in such strong carmine red… when that mouth named simple but meaningful words which says it all, it’s there when Nichkhun feel that his love is deeper of what he could ever think.

-It took you so long, Khun…-

He simply smile, wide and happy, as his hand reach out to place itself behind Wooyoung’s fragile nape; pulling him down in a short but sweet kiss which make that warm emotion inside their hearts  flutter excitedly joyful.

-Sorry for making us wait…- Nichkhun mumble nicely, joining their foreheads together as they can see clearly inside each other’s eyes.

Wooyoung softly shakes his head. –It’s okay…- he murmur low, as his arms slowly reach out for another comfortable hug.

-You know I love you too, ¿right…?-

Wooyoung whispers shyly against his ear, so soft and ashamed that Nichkhun couldn’t help but hug him tighter while he kisses that chubby cheek lovingly; as he lean black upon the smooth couch, gently dragging Wooyoung along with him.

-Of course I know, Wooyoungie…- Nichkhun says nicely loud, nuzzling those black locks; enjoying of Wooyoung’s unique scent of lemon.

In the quietness of the cold night the sound of burning wood coming from the fireplace was all what could be heard around the small but comfy cottage; not even the two boy’s calm breathings could pass through it. Breaking with the darkness of the place the warm light of the fire mix with the powerful and colorful lights of the tall Christmas tree; brightening up the room in shades of different tones which harmoniously joined themselves to create such a magical moment.

-Khun, I really like this place…- Wooyoung mellow voice comment softly, nicely mixing with the sound of the fireplace.

-Ummm… I knew you will like it…- Nichkhun whispers slightly sleepy, as he pulls his cute boyfriend a little closer in his protective embrace.

-It’s so far away from everything and everyone…- he hears Wooyoung’s dreamy tone slowly trailing off in the warm air around them.

-I know, it feels like it’s just you and me in the world…- Nichkhun mumbles low against that red, little ear; seeing in detail how those black eyes look for his brown ones.

-Khun, from today on this will be our place…- Wooyoung whispers soft, so soft; like if those words conform the secret no one else but them should know.

To the tender imagine of Wooyoung’s dark eyes shining brightly in the deep darkness and hearing the nice beating of his happy heart Nichkhun smiles and nods, saying his last words as soft and as low as Wooyoung; sealing with a new sweet kiss their best kept secret.

-And from today on, Christmas will be our day…-