In Dreamland

My Oppa

On Thursday, Minho dropped me at school again.

 
Tuesday and Wednesday, I had caught the bus simply because no-one had wanted to take me. I was becoming more and more used to nobody wanting me around, especially Mum. On Tuesday, she had come into my room to check how I had been getting on, but our conversations had never been especially deep and this had been no exception. I was usually the one who took care of her - whenever she tried to reverse things, it got slightly awkward. Part of my heart broke when I saw Mum so happy with my father; the other half had no idea what to feel. 
 
What Key had said was true: Minho did look like a model. Only, I had not realised how significant this quality would be. 
 
'Oh my gosh! Krystal, who is that guy?' Yoonjo, a gorgeous girl a year younger than me with ridiculously enormous eyes and dyed orange hair, demanded as I walked in her direction after getting out of Minho's car. 
 
I turned around to follow Yoonjo's gaze, confused. 'Which guy?'
 
'Him!' Yoonjo cried excitedly. She nodded in my brother's direction, eyes wide. Much to relief, Minho was not looking at the two of us. 
 
'That's my brother, Minho.' I replied a little impatiently, hoping Yoonjo would shut up with the squealing now. 
 
Yoonjo looked back at me for a moment. 'Why haven't I seen him before?!'
 
Without missing a beat, I answered her. 'He's just finished uni and he's moved back home for a while.' Honestly isn't always the best policy - especially when your life is a huge mess teenage girls like Yoonjo would love to latch onto as the newest gossip. 
 
Yoonjo nodded and pulled out her phone. A second later, she snapped a picture of Minho, still stuck in the carpark traffic he so detested. Too late, I realised what she had done. 
 
'Ah, Yoonjo? Why did you do that?' I asked, feeling slightly worried. 
 
'Huh?' She was still in dreamland. 'Oh, he's just so hot! I had to take a photo!' 
 
'He's my brother, Yoonjo. You can't just walk around calling him hot. Or taking pictures of him.'
 
'Sorry! Well, see you later, Krystal.' And with that she was gone, walking towards an unidentified blonde girl and then heading with her in the direction of the lockers. 
 
~~~
 
Sulli and I were walking to Maths when I walked right into her ex. 
 
'Oh! Sorry!' I exclaimed when I crashed into someone who had just shut their locker and stepped away from it. A moment later, I realised that, of all people, I had run into Onew. 
 
Sulli had not spoken to Onew since Tuesday, when she had apparently told him they were broken up, permanently. Looking at his face now, I thought he must have been thoroughly drunk when he got with that older girl - he was so sweet and kind he could not have possibly done such a thing on purpose. Sulli had once told me he made her feel like a princess, and that was not hard to believe. 
 
Right now, though, Sulli did not look as if she felt like a princess. She looked utterly horrified at my mistake and I instantly felt guilty for doing this to her. Sulli had dated many guys and been unaffected by her break ups with them; however, I could tell Onew had struck a chord with her. This was not her average breakup. 
 
Onew recognised me as I did him. He also recognised Sulli, standing awkwardly beside me with a shellshocked expression. 
 
To his credit, Onew stayed calm. 'It's fine. It was my fault anyway.'
 
'Oh, um, hi Onew.' I stuttered. 'Well, I've got to get to Maths, much as I hate it, you know.' Grabbing Sulli's hand, I threw Onew a nervous smile as I dragged my friend in the direction of the classroom. 
 
'Krystal!' Sulli exclaimed. 
 
'What?'
 
'Did you have to do that? Bump into him?'
 
'I'm sorry, babe.' The guilt swirled in my stomach. 'I really didn't mean to run into Onew. I didn't.'
 
Sulli made eye contact with me as we slowed down because we were well away from Onew. 'Yeah, I know you didn't, Krystal. But ohmigosh! Did you see the look on his face?! So awkward!'
 
'Yeah it sure was.' Sulli and I walked into class and we sat down next to each other. Sulli was biting her lip, a habit of hers when she was thinking about something. 'Sooo? What's on your mind?' I asked. 
 
'What do you mean?'
 
'Well... You're thinking about something. About Onew?'
 
Sulli looked down. 'Yeah, I guess I'm thinking about Onew.'
 
'About getting back together with him?'
 
'Maybe.'
 
A/N How do I explain myself? I'm sorry for taking so long! I totally wasn't thinking when I promised to have to next chapter up soon. I actually went away the next day and had very limited Internet access :(
 
But the good news is this: I didn't rip you guys off with just this tiny update. It's actually the first part of a chapter I was writing all week while I was on holiday. Well, it was going to be just one chapter but it really is pretty long for just one chap, so I'm putting the second half up as a separate chapter TOMORROW! Yay! And sorry for being late :/