Servant and Dog

Replacement Bride [Hiatus]

 

Soojung finally woke up from her deep sleep, only to find herself leaning against something stiff and hard: the side of the sedan chair.

And where was Minho? Seated at the furthest end from her, eyes closed, seemingly taking a short break or nap inside the sedan chair.

This was the chance for Soojung to scrutinize her yeobo. She shifted towards Minho, finger trailing along his features: from the forehead to the tip of his sharp nose and finally to his lips that is slightly ajar. Her finger stopped at his mouth.

Yahh! Soojung ah, what are you doing? This is not the time to stare at a good looking guy! She mentally reproached herself.

Never would she have expected Minho to open his eyes at the moment when she was lost in her own thoughts.

He admitted that he was shocked to see a finger hovering above his lips.

But then, he composed himself together, and with a sly smile…

“Yelp!” Soojung returned to the reality with a sharp pain at her finger.

“Yah yah!” Soojung exclaimed in pain, the other hand trying to push Minho away from her, as well as his mouth away from her bitten finger.

Minho released her finger. It was yet another sly smile.

“Are you a dog or something? Biting people… this is insanity!” Soojung shouted at him.

“Bwoh? Are you calling me a dog?” Minho retorted. If he did not hear her wrongly yes she was calling him a dog. That is definitely not pleasing to his ears.

“Yea, DOG, DOG! That’s what I’m calling you!” Soojung retorted back.

“Yah! Jung Soojung!” Minho exclaimed.

“Bwoh? Choi Minho!” Soojung lifted up her head and shouted back.

“Who’s the servant here?” Minho asked.

Ah yes, Soojung, you’re the servant here. Soojung reminded herself. It is not that she wants to be a servant, she has no choice. She’s living in the Choi family, and definitely, the Chois call the shots.

But wait, we are not under the Choi’s premise right now. We’re in a damn sedan chair. And I’m Mrs Choi. That makes us almost? Equal?

“There’s no servant here, only a dog!” Soojung replied, obviously referring to Minho as the dog.

“Yah Jung Soojung, do you still want to live?” Minho threatened.

“Of course, but now we’re outside, so we’re equal!” She explained her thoughts.

Hmm…she does make sense in this… Minho thought to himself.

“Fine! Wait till we get back to the Choi’s Residence.” Minho continued.

Then she will be once again demoted to a servant.

Soojung smiled subtly at her victory.

Finally they reached the palace. They greeted King Taein.

“The reason I call for this greeting is to personally hope that the two of you will appreciate this marriage. For example, put down all the hatred, arasso?” King Taein instructed from his golden seat.

Minho glared at Soojung when King Taein mentioned the key word: hatred.

While Soojung who was unaware of the 2 families’ history, stared at King Taein in puzzlement, wondering why he was bringing up a word like hatred as an example.

King Taein smiled subtly upon seeing Minho’s reaction. He had succeeded.

It appeared as though it was an advice to the both of them, but it was actually a reminder of the grudges between the families.

And Minho’s reaction was one that he was pleased with. Let the hatred continue. Let the havoc grow in the Choi family, and then…

You won’t have the time to plan the rebel, General Choi.

The return back to the Choi Residence was slow and quiet.

Soojung was once again walking along the route with the rest of the servants while Minho was still seated inside.

That’s right, Choi Minho. Let her suffer from the heatstroke. Should she faint again… LEAVE HER BY THE ROAD. Minho thought to himself.

“Choi Minho…” Soojung called with a weakly voice.

That immediately stirred his heart for some unknown reason.

Is she going to faint?

And should I really leave her by the roadside?

Of course NOT! A voice spoke inside Minho. He immediately lifted up the cloth by the side.

“Jung Soojung, are you going to…???” Minho stopped halfway in his words when he saw Soojung munching on a candy.

“Bwoh?” Soojung turned to him with the same weakly voice voice of someone munching on to something and hence, cannot project the voice clearly.

What weakly voice? She’s well and smiling while munching on her candy. Choi Minho you pabo!

“Nothing, oh why were you calling my name?” Minho questioned.

“Just wanted to be nice and share my candy with you. I have more. Do you want?” Soojung said in the same icy cold attitude.

And when did she exactly get the candy? And from who were they from?

“Yah, how did you get them?” Minho questioned. He knew that he had to know.

“Oh, Jonghyun oppa gave it to me.” Soojung replied, the usual same cold reply.

Jonghyun…oppa? How close are they? Minho thought to himself. And when did she exactly get the candy? He was all alongside her and he didn’t notice?

“When?” Minho asked.

“What when?” Soojung was lost.

Aish! *Takes in a deep breath* “When did that person gave the candy to you?”

“Oh!” Soojung replied, “Just when you were entering the sedan chair. I was outside and he swiftly passed it to me.”

Minho thought for a moment.

“It’s poisonous!” He exclaimed.

Soojung’s first instinct was to drop the candy immediately, before her logic tells her that he’s probably lying.

“Yah! My candy!” Soojung stared at the candy on the ground. They are already filled with dirt. She turned to glare at Minho.

“Bwoh? Blame yourself for being gullible.” Minho replied and dropped the cloth.

A sense of satisfaction enveloped him.

He just didn’t like it when Soojung ate the candy. Maybe because he didn’t get it, he believed.

But what if, it was because it was from Jonghyun-oppa?

They finally reached the Choi Residence.

“Yah, servant, go in and prepare water.” Minho commanded when they had entered the main hall. It’s his ruling period once again since they have arrived back at the Choi Residence.

“Yea dog~” Soojung replied, her voice trailing softer when she reached the word ‘dog’.

But how could Minho not miss something like that?

“Jung Soojung!” He commanded once again.

“Yea?” She stood in front of him with a look of annoyance.

“Can you smile? Is it so sad to be serving me?” Minho asked.

“Choi Minho, you can’t decide if the servant wants to smile or frown. Whoops, I mean dog. No no, I mean, Master.” Soojung purposely said the back sentence. “Aish Master, why do you act like a dog? Now it’s so hard to change your name in my mind.” She continued.

Giggles filled the hall as the servants guarding by the side could not control their laughter.

“Jung Soojung! One more word of ‘dog’ and you will receive punishment!” Minho warned.

“Yea Master,” Soojung pretended to be obedient. Then she thought for a moment.

“Master, what would you want for dinner today? Bones?” Soojung pretended to be concerned.

“Jung Soojung!” Minho exclaimed with dissatisfaction.

“Bwoh Master? I didn’t call you a dog, as much as that name continues to linger in my head.” Soojung replied in an innocent tone. More giggles filled the room.

“No dog-related words as well.” Minho replied.

“Ahh… which one did I say?” Soojung pretended to have a poor memory.

All eyes dawned on Minho, waiting for his response.

Minho scanned the room. Everyone was really staring at him. That made him so embarrassed.

“Bones…” he softly said, slowly losing the stern behavior he had originally.

More giggles filled the hall

“Okay, I shall not call you dog Master anymore, and not mention the word bones.” Soojung exclaimed loudly during her self-reminder (or attempt to disturb him further?) and then left to prepare water.

Minho clearly heard the loud laughter that filled the hall after he had entered his room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to all the subscribers and comments! Appreciate it a lot! Do continue to comment and critic :D

Hope you all have enjoyed this chapter as well :)