Prologue

The Script of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he first opened his eyes, the world was a cold, dark, lifeless place. There was no life, no sound, no light. He was alone. No one was there, but him. Just empty darkness. He wandered the darkness for what seemed like ages. He walked the darkness, roaming the darkest corners, but he never found anything or anyone. He was alone, left to wallow in the abyss by his creator.


But one day, he blinked.


And when he opened his eyes, he saw the light. He felt the breeze and felt the warmth from the light on his icy skin. It didn't melt his frozen heart, but it was a nice change from what he was used to. When he awoke in a new world, he saw that he wasn't alone. There were others with him and they were smiling at him as though they had been waiting a life time for him to join them. In the center was two people. These two people stood out to him and they approached him with hands outstretched.


"Welcome to the world, my son." The woman smiled and pulled him to his feet.


He squinted into the light and looked about his surroundings. Everything was different than what he was used to. Everything had color and shape. The darkness only existed in the shadows and didn't cling to every surface. It was all so strange and unique to him. He wanted to explore, to experience what this new world had to offer after being cooped up in darkness for such a long time.


"Take my hand, my son." The woman called for him again. "Let me welcome you to our world."


"Who are you?" He questioned, refusing to take her hand without answers. "And what is this world? Where am I?"


"Me?" The woman smiled and knelt down so she was at eye level with him. Her hand reached out to him and he flinched away. With a soft laugh, she his hair, running her fingers through the blonde ends with a satisfied smile. "I'm you're creator, my son. I made you from my own flesh and blood. I am Mother. I am your mother just like I am to all the others."


He stared at her, repeating her words. "Mother?"


"That's right." Mother beamed and pulled him to his feet. "Welcome to our world. This is your life as an Immortal. Now, come join your siblings in Father's master plan."


"He needs a name, Mother." One of them spoke up.


"Justice is right, Mother." Another two spoke in unison. "He cannot be nameless forever. He needs a title and a job."


Mother nodded with a knowing smile. "Of course. You are right, my children. Your brother cannot be nameless." She paused and turned to him, examining him from head to toe. Her eyebrows crinkled together as she concentrated. "What shall we name him, Father? What would suit our son."


"Faith?" Father suggested.


"No." Mother objected. "That's far too feminine for our son. He doesn't give off an aura of someone worthy of being called Faith."


Father huffed and rubbed his temple. "What about Fear? Our son has that eerie feel to him."


"I don't think so."


"Then why don't you give me some names, Mother? If you're going to be judgmental towards them all ..." Father rolled his eyes in frustration.
 

"Death."


Mother and Father stopped their bickering, turning their heads to look at the girl that had interrupted them. The blonde girl smiled, twirling her quill pen between her thumb and forefinger. They stared at her in confusion before looking back at the equally confused boy who had stood there silently ever since Mother had introduced herself to him. He merely stared at the bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter