Yearning Hearts (contd.)

Entwined Destinies

   The two immediately pulled their sweater hoods up and bent their heads down towards the table frantically. The waiter who was standing nearby stared at them curiously, but neither seemed to notice.
   "Ya! What are we supposed to do now?" Taeyeon whispered harshly to Leeteuk. "If they see me together with you, I'll never live be able it down!"
   Leeteuk looked up swiftly and bent down again. "I can't believe these guys are cheap enough to take their dates here” he responded calmly, at which Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. Leeteuk took another glance at the group, who were all taking their seats. They didn't seem to notice anything weird yet. "I think I've got a plan."
   "Is it going to work?"
   "If we're lucky, yes,"
   "Well, what if it doesn't?"
   "Ajumma-ah, just trust the king of quick minds."
   "Who's that?"
   "Me."
   "More like the ahjussi of lame gags."
   "Not now!"
   Eeteuk left some bills on the table and grabbed Taeyeon's hand and 
quickly pulled through a door in the back and locked it behind them. The room was dark, but Leeteuk manage to grop for a light switch. The room filled with light as Taeyeon looked around: they were in a washroom.
   She stared at Eeteuk in horror and hit him hard on the head. He yelped in pain.
   "Ya! What are you thinking?! You got us trapped?! In a washroom?! What will you do if they FIND US HERE?!" she yelled.
   "Do yourself a favour and be quiet!" he whispered. “It’s all part of the plan!!” Taeyeon seemed to relax a little, but then realized something.
   "Well, can you at least let go of my hand first?" she pointed out bluntly.
   Eeteuk dropped her hand as if it was on fire. "Ah! Miahne!! I didn't mean to--"
   Taeyeon laughed. "Aigo, oppa. Kinchena!" Eeteuk relaxed and laughed along.
  "It seems that when I'm with you," she said, "I seem to always get sidetracked and never remember what I was doing before."
   Eeteuk laughed. "And we're supposed to be running for our lives here."
   Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at Eeteuk. "So this is your amazing genius plan?" she asked. "Stay in the cramped washroom 
until they leave?"
   Eeteuk glared at her. "Of course not!" he retorted quickly, and pointed his finger. Taeyeon looked in the direction of his finger.
   "A window?!" she exclaimed.
   Eeteuk strolled over to it proudly, unlatched it and pushed it up. They were on the second floor. "Ne! You have no idea how useful this thing's been to me."
   Taeyeon stared at him confused and amused at the same time. "Just what exactly have you been doing lately?"
   He smirked. "That...would be classified." He beckoned her to come over, and so she did.
   "I'll get out first so I can catch you when you get out, araseo?" Eeteuk said.
   "Ah...ne," she responded. Taeyeon slightly reddened at the thought of her falling into Eeteuk's arms, but luckily he didn't notice. She watched as he climbed out the window, took a leap, seemed to fly a little and landed with perfection. She applauded while he took a tiny bow.
   "Good job for an ajusshi!" she whispered downwards.
   "Yah! I won't catch you!!"
   "Just kidding!"
    All of a sudden, Taeyeon heard a knock at the door and Yoona's voice sounded through the door.
   "Ah, miahne...you've been in there awhile...Would you kindly hurry please? We need to use the toilet."
   A fear ran through Taeyeon's body, and she heard Yoona talking to a waiter. Why now of all times?! she groaned. She was actually tempted to yell "well, hold it in!" but that would be stupid and the last thing Taeyeon needs right now is stupid.
   "Ya! Yoona wants to use the washroom!!" Taeyeon called down. "What am I going to do when they open the door and find no one in here?!! They'll see the window, look out, see us, and we can't run that fast!!"
   "Miahne, customer! But if you don't come out in the 30 seconds, I'm forced to open the door!" came a waiter's voice.
   "Just jump!" Eeteuk hissed. Without another second's hesitation, Taeyeon leaped out the window with all the courage she could muster up and leapt. She thought she was floating for a second. She could see Leeteuk below her, his arms spread open wide. She'd never felt so free before...and then she landed right on top of Leeteuk.
   "Ya! Nice landing!" he moaned from underneath her.
    Taeyeon scurried onto her feet. "We have about 10 seconds!  Where do we hide?!" She looked around in a frenzy, hoping for a close place to hide.
   Eeteuk grabbed her arm and pulled her hood up. "Don't run anywhere, just turn and walk normally this way." Leeteuk pulled his own hood up and started walking really slow away from the restaurant. Taeyeon 
looked at him like he was crazy but it was too late to go anywhere now. She already heard the waiter's confused voice in the washroom, and he was about to poke his head out the window.
   "Yah!! You two down there!!"
    Taeyeon cringed. Here it comes, she thought. She was about to look up but Eeteuk held her head down gently.
   "Ne, ahjussi?!" Eeteuk responded calmly, his head slightly bent so the waiter couldn't see his eyes.
   "Did you see anyone jump out this window?" the waiter asked.
   "Buoya?!!" Eeteuk exclaimed, a perfectly surprised tone in his voice. "Who would jump out here?!" Taeyeon looked at him in awe, amazed at his great acting skills.
   "Ne, ne, miahne," the waiter responded. "Have a nice night!" With that, he closed the window and locked it. Eeteuk and Taeyeon walked away from the restaurant as fast as they could and took cover between 
a row of trees.
   Taeyeon whipped off her hood and punched Eeteuk hard in the shoulder.
   "Yah!" he yelled, rubbing his shoulder. "What was that for?!" He started to pull down his own hood.
   Taeyeon punched him again in the other shoulder. "You," she gasped for a breath. "Are truly one of the most insane people I've ever met." Eeteuk stared at her, unsure of what to say. She slowly smiled. "And 
you are truly the king of quick minds."
   At that comment, Eeteuk's face immediarly cracked into a full-dimpled smile.
   "You know you're actually the only person who's ever called me that other than myself," he jested. Taeyeon giggled.
   "But really, that was pure genius," she said, "How did you know he wouldn't question you further?"
   Eeteuk shrugged modestly. "Cause I'm the self-proclaimed king of quick minds." Taeyeon hit him in the shoulder again and he laughed. They continued walking down the path, telling jokes and having the time of their lives.
   Before they knew it, they were reaching the intersection to Taeyeon's house.
   "Ah, oppa," she said, "My house is just down the street here, so you can leave now." She smiled as sweetly as she could to him. He returned it with his own, making Taeyeon's heart swoon unexpectedly.
   Eeteuk held out his right hand. "It was great spending time with you," he said, as she took his hand. He gave it a little shake. "Every superhero needs a sidekick." He gave her little wink. Taeyeon felt herself frozen all over again. She wanted to ask him to wink again, so she could take in every second of it and store it clearly in her memory forever. Just like that the two stared at each in silence for what seemed like a beautiful moment.
   Eeteuk was the first to break the silence. "Well, uh, I guess I better get going now," he said.
   "Uh...ne, oppa," Taeyeon responded, startled by the sudden interruption. Her eyes suddenly narrowed. "Whoa, wait, I'm a 
sidekick?!!"
   Leeteuk laughed and tapped her on the nose. "For now, until you can truly defeat evil," he said softly. He backed away from her and started running in another direction. As he did he raised his arm and yelled, "Annyong, Taengoo!!"
   Taeyeon waved back and yelled back, "Annyong, Teuk-Teukie-oppa!!" She thought she saw him smile satisfactorily, but soon his silhouette was out of sight.
   Kim Taeyeon smiled contently to herself, turned around and headed home.
   Sigh, what a night.

 

 

MWAHAHAHAHA!! Quick ending and escape if not a little lame :P Thanks for staying with me guys! It's about to get all intense....