Vacation Chaos

Vacation, Vacation

 

Vacation, Vacation

“Appa! We are going with Kris appa’s family too, right?” The oldest, Baekhyun, asked Suho. Suho smiled as he ran his fingers through his son’s hair.

“Yes, Baekkie. We are. Now go and ask your brothers to pack quickly. We are leaving soon.” Suho said as he glanced at the wall clock. Baekhyun nodded with a short ‘neh’ and skipped to his younger brothers.

That day, Suho’s family and Kris’ family are going for a 1 week vacation on Jeju. Apparently Kris has a beach house there, so they decided to ‘bond’ together that week. As much as Suho wanted to bond with his fellow friend, he really wished that they weren’t going.

Because lately, Chanyeol was getting into sugar rush for eating candy and of course, cake. Baekhyun has been spraying glitter all over the apartment again (this explains the glittery floor), Jongin has been recently seen squishing Kyungsoo all the time and Sehun… well, Sehun is just being Sehun who likes to bug his father about twice a day and mutters ‘Xiao Lu’ all the time. Suho was positive that Luhan had to do something with that boy because Suho knew; Sehun had no knowledge at all when it comes to Chinese.

Those were the reasons why Kim Suho doesn’t want to go on vacation. He would just rather stay cooped up in the apartment with his messy kids. But sure, who could have resisted Chanyeol’s pout, Baekhyun’s glossy puppy eyes, Kyungsoo’s wide eyes staring sadly at him, Jongin’s whimpering noises and Sehun who was climbing up his leg, again muttering ‘Xiao Lu’ over and over again until Suho finally caved in.

“Suho!” Kris hollered at the doorway.

“Coming!” Suho said back as he rushed over to open the door, and revealed a Kris who was wearing an awfully bright shirt that contrasts with Tao’s black attire, which Kris was holding in his hands. “Hi Kris! Hi Zitaoo~” Suho cooed as he lightly pinched Tao’s cheeks. Tao just smiled brightly at him. Next to Kris was a very jumping looking Luhan and Chen, sleep deprived Yixing and still eating Xiumin. “Come in, guys!” Suho said as he welcomed his guests in.

“Hunnie!” Luhan cried out as he dashed to Suho’s room. Then, Sehun waddled out, only to be attacked by a squealing Luhan. Both cute bundle of sunshine rolled and tumbled until they reached the living room.

“Hunnie! Did you miss hyung?” Luhan chirped, much too happy. Sehun smiled as he nodded his small head over and over again.

“Hunnie miss Xiao Lu very much!” Sehun manage to say. Suho elbowed Kris.

“Hey Kris, what is Xiao Lu, anyway? Sehun had been saying it for the past week.” Suho asked Kris, clearly confused as the older just cooed in cuteness.

“Xiao Lu?” Kris repeated again, this time, the pronunciation is correct, and not like Suho’s awkward accent. “It means ‘little deer’. How cute of Sehun~” Kris cooed again. Suho decided it was not a pretty sight to see Kris fangirling over cute things in his head as his attention was caught in Jongin’s actions to hug a squealing Kyungsoo.

“Appa!” Kyungsoo wailed he jumped on Suho. Jongin at the bottom just pouted and whimpered as he tugged on Suho’s jeans. Suho chuckled at his kids cute and crazy antics. Speaking of crazy… it was about time Chanyeol is supposed to appear.

And he was right.

The tall kid came crashing in with Baekhyun, both of them skipping while merrily throwing glitter around. The two kids circled around Suho and Kris as they joyfully skipped as if they were in a Heidi musical while festively throwing glitter around. Xiumin thought it looked fun, so he gobbled up the remains of his baozi and joined the happy couple. Chen thought it looked fun too, so Chanyeol gave him a new box of glitter (that Suho bought because damn, he can’t resist the pleading look on Baekhyun’s eyes)   and four of them pranced around the living room, throwing glitter in the air.

Suho had no idea why his kids are being so happy today. Kyungsoo in his arms flinched when Jongin started to jump to get his hyung’s hands.  Kris just managed to chuckle at the extraordinary sight. Yixing had joined the HunHan couple to teach Sehun more Chinese words as Tao jumped off Kris’ arms and of course, joined the glitter parade since it looks like hell lot of fun.

“Well,” Kris mused. “Let’s go. The kids are happy enough.”

 

The trip there isn’t very ‘nice’ to say. Suho then found out that Sehun was afraid of heights and is very claustrophobic, so sitting in a plane isn’t a very good choice. Nether less, they got on the plane and hope the journey is smooth without any further interruptions.

Well, hopes shall stay hopes.

Suho was sitting next to Yixing in the middle part of the plane, with Suho sitting at the end. Why? Because Yixing hates it when the stewardess comes with the trolley that hits his head every time. And now, Suho has to suffer the consequences because every time the stewardess passes by with the trolley, it would always bump against his elbow, no matter how he tried to dodge. And what makes it worse that they are currently sitting next to a couple who likes devouring each other’s lips every now and then. Suho tried to avoid looking at them, but Yixing was a curios boy indeed. Very curious.

“Appa,” He said as he nudged Suho.

“Yes? Do you need anything, XingXing?” Suho asked. It was natural for him to address the soft unicorn boy that name.

“No. I was just wondering, why is the ahjussi eating the ahjuma’s face?” He asked innocently. Suho swore he could have a heart attack that time.

“No, no they aren’t, XingXing. You must have seen wrong.” Suho stammered as he tried all his might to shield Yixing from looking at the couple by using his hands. Yixing grumbled as he tore Suho’s hands away from him.

“Yes, appa, they are! Now the ahjuma’s hands are on the place where we use to pee. Does the ahjussi wants to pee, appa? The toilet is over there, right?” Again, Yixing asked innocently. Suho felt like someone hit him dead on with a pan and then struck lightning on his head. The couple is doing what?

“Change seats with appa, XingXing.” Suho said, dangerously soft.

“Aww, but why? Xing hates sitting at the ends!” Yixing whines.

“Wu Yixing, change seats with appa right now.” Suho growled. Yixing paled as he quickly changed seats with his appa, scared of his tone. Suho’s kind and gentle face were now replaced with a dangerous, mean looking one.

I mean, like, who wouldn’t when an underage kid is sitting next to a couple who is trying to get in each other’s pants?

“Excuse me,” Suho interrupted. The couple stopped kissing as they threw annoyed glances at Suho. “I would like to ask you to stop doing whatever you are doing right now before you scar my son any further.” Suho said slowly to them.  The couple scoffed at him.

“Then move to another place.” They said. Then they felt a tap on their shoulders. They looked up and saw a very annoyed and pissed off Kris.

And an annoyed and pissed off Kris is not pleasant to handle.

He would go all angry and bellow and anyone in his way. Yes, he actually bellows, using the deep voice as his advantage. He would flip tables, throw chairs, tear shirts, kick people and even went as far as hurting other people. After his kids were born, he stopped that habit and it never happened to him anymore. 

Until now.

“Suho, cover Yixing’s ears for me.” Kris commanded. Suho was baffled.

“What? Why…?” He asked.

“Just do what I say.” Kris said. No wait, accurately, growled. Suho flinched at his tone as he quickly took a pair of headphones from his bag.

“XingXing, listen music with appa, okay?” Suho nervously said as he quickly slipped on the headphones on the 5 year old. Yixing just nodded as he swayed his head to the melody of the Barney tune.

Oh I like red, it’s the color of an apple,
Orange, it’s the color of an orange,
Yellow, it’s a lemon and the wonderful Sun, Sun, Sun.
Green, it’s the color of trees and lots of things that grow,
And there is blue for the sky.
And purple which is a color for fun, fun, fun!
And when you mix those colors, side by side, now what do you think we’ve done?
We made a rainbow *whoooshh*
we made a rainbow *whoooshh*
we made a rainbow,
and it’s a really beautiful one
Tan tan tan taratata taaa~

Yixing made sure he adds the dramatic arm swing when the ‘whooosh’ part came. He was so concentrated on the song, he didn’t hear of even notice that two of his appa’s are arguing and exchanging not very polite words with the couple.  Suho’s ipod played the next song. A song which every little kid is familiar with.

I love you,
you love me.
We are happy family,
And a great big hug,
And a kiss from me to you,
Won’t you say you love me too~

Then the song repeated again, the melody much slower and dramatic. Yixing was so into that song that he still didn’t notice his father, Kris, is yanking the couple up and shoving them at a flight attendant, swearing that if they sit next to his kids again, they are going to get it. And from the looks of Kris’ menacing gangster-like face, the flight attendant hastily agreed and pushed the couple away.

When the clueless Yixing was done singing, he took off the headphones and glance to his appas, and the two seats empty next to Suho appa.

“Appa, where was the ahjuma and ahjussi?” He asked and blinked, making the anger in Kris and Suho from the couple burn down immediately.

“Ah, they just went away.” Kris said and smiled. Yixing tilted his head in confusion (argghhhh my feelllss T_T).

“Oh, the ahjussi went to the toilet to pee then? Okay.” He chirped happily as he placed the earphones back on, and sometimes dances to the (cough cough) funky beat of Barney songs. Kris and Suho exchange glances as they sighed in relief.

 

Thankfully, the rest of the flight went on quite smoothly.

Except the fact that Tao kept rambling on and on about pandas to Baekhyun who was sulking from his glitter withdrawal in which Chanyeol was oblivious to and he was chomping on some free chocolate (courtesy of his aegyo to the stewardess).

Jongin couldn’t get any worse as he was pestering Sehun was asleep on Luhan in which the Chinese boy slapped his hand away from touching ‘his’ Sehunnie, who is sitting next to Xiumin in which the chubby boy is also chomping on free chocolate (seriously, the flight crew here are ers for aegyo).

Chen on the other hand kept poking Kris while Kyungsoo was oogling at the skies since he was sitting at the window seat and kept bothering Kris ‘why is the clouds so puffy?’ and ‘why is the sky blue but not green?’ because apparently green in his favorite color and he wants everything he likes to be green.

It is those kinds of times that Kris and Suho question their sanity, because they were running out of them from the children.  But they were responsible parents. RESPONSIBLE, emphasizing that word to both of them.

At last, the cursed flight came to an end. Both of the parents abruptly stood up (in which Kris had banged his head against the light that was on top of him since he was a tall person as that), took their luggage and the kids as they waddled out into the airport.

And being little kids, they were of course jumpy and ecstatic, especially Chanyeol. That kid has been poking everyone, in which that made Yixing yelp, Tao running to Kris, Jongin continuing to squish his beloved Kyungsoo, Sehun waking up and crying to Luhan who was starring daggers at the tall boy, Baekhyun even more sulkier, Chen frown and Xiumin gag on his bun.

After the whole poking was done, Jongin continued to squish his Kyungsoo hyung to the floor, the poor boy under him withering and whining, in which attracted the attention of some people who stopped walking and started cooing at the cute bromance displayed at them for free. Suho nearly facepalmed when he weaved through the crowd and picked up Jongin and Kyungsoo in his hands. Kris was having a hard time too.

Since Chanyeol poked Tao, the black haired kid came running to Kris and jumped into his arms, in which Kris was startled and almost fell backwards on a foreigner who Kris swore he heard the man curse at him in Spanish. Oh well. But Kris was busy shielding Yixing from repeating the accident on the plane because that unicorn boy is curious about everything.

After Suho picked up Jongin and Kyungsoo from their free show, he had to resist the urge to kill himself when he saw Luhan and Sehun sitting down in the middle of the way, clasping their hands together as Luhan chattered away and Sehun replying in his lisp.  A passerby nearly tripped at the children and almost cursed them, but forgetting it when Sehun threw him a breathtaking cute little innocent smile.

Suho felt the urge to slap his kids when Chanyeol (after poking everyone) started doing the hokey pokey in the midst of everyone rushing by in the effort to cheer up the sulking Baekhyun. Of course, the people who passed by were amused, but not Suho. He quietly prayed that he was dead as he dragged Chanyeol and picked up Baekhyun in his arms and stomped to Kris who was managing his own crazy kids.

Chen was stuffing more candy in his mouth as Xiumin was running and flailing his arms, wailing about he was out of buns and Yixing was already on the edge of the fountain that the airport set up, because he said that he saw little green thingies swimming inside, which Kris said were tadpoles but the boy insisted on looking at it closely and ran off. When Kris saw that Yixing saw almost falling in, he instantly put Tao down and ran to his son, grabbing him and lifting him up by the waist, saying repeatedly over and over not to go near wet places. Tao after being put down by Kris ran towards the still sulking Baekhyun and hugged his waist while looking up on him with big and glassy eyes. Baekhyun immediately stopped sulking as he laughed and pinched Tao’s chubby little cheeks as both of them walked away, hand in hand, leaving a confused Chanyeol who was trying all this time to cheer Baekhyun up. Chanyeol dismissed it, happy because his little bacon is happy skipped to Xiumin and hugged him in the effort of stopping him from running.

Chen, who saw this, went a little mad because ‘no one touches Baozi hyung except for me’ and stopped eating the candy as he witnessed Xiumin and Chanyeol happily twirling around. His small 3 year old brain hacked up an ingenious idea as he stuffed his pockets with leftover candy and walked over to the happy twirling boys. He offered the candy to Chanyeol, in which the boy accepted happily and released Xiumin to take the candy. Chen quickly hugged ‘his’ Baozi, hitting him softly while saying that he is the only one who has the right to play with him (in which Xiumin blushed and Chen pinched his overly chubby cheeks).

So basically, Suho and Kris were officially screwed.  

Some vacation this turned out to be.

When they finally got to the beach house, the kids were already running inside the two storey house, poking everything that they didn’t know in their way.

Except for Kaisoo since Jongin was still clinging to his Kyungsoo hyung who decided to ignore him and tried to walk around the house with Jongin still hugging him on his back.

Suho and Kris unloaded the entire luggage from the cab as they dragged them in, only to be tripped on by Chen’s marbles.  Both of them fell flat on their faces as Baekhyun climbed on Suho and Tao climbed on Kris, demanding for a horse-ride. Chanyeol for once was oblivious to all the chaos since he was still on a date with the candy that Chen gave him in trade for Xiumin.

Sehun and Luhan was least of both the parents’ problem since the two of them are quietly walking inside the house, hand in hand. Yixing was helping Kyungsoo peeling off Jongin, in which the tan boy started to think mischievous things. In the end, Jongin got off Kyungsoo, but he then jumped on Yixing, squishing him instead. Yixing started squealing and withering under Jongin’s squishing. Xiumin and Chen, who heard their frantic brother’s cry, came over to help Kyungsoo peel Jongin off Yixing.

So far, the vacation was pretty fun.

Jongin squishing Yixing, HunHan walking around the house, Xiumin and Chen trying to help Kyungsoo peel Jongin off Yixing, Baekhyun and Tao on their father’s backs, Chanyeol kissing the love of his life (which is a swirly lollipop) and Suho and Kris suffering.

The most enjoyable vacation ever!