01.

Last date.

"Heejung, I'm sorry but you have a brain tumor." Dr.Kim's voice resonated in my ears continually.

It's already been 3 years since that news struck me and got me into this hospital.

I don't even know why I'm here. There's no treatment for me, so why am I here?

Oh, I know why. My mom didn't want to take care of a child who's already dying so she left me here.

She never came to visit. Not even to ask how I was doing or just to say hi.

Only person who visited was my boyfriend, Yoseob.

He'd come everyday after class and nurse me until I fell asleep.

I was greatful since he still loved me unconditionally.

As usual, at 3 PM, Yoseob came to visit me with flowers in his hands.

"HEEJUNG-AH!" he brightly said and ran over to me and hugged me.

"Hi!" I weakly replied and hugged him back.

He asked, "How are you feeling?"

I said weakly, "Better."

He kissed my temple and said, "Good."

I gladly accepted the flowers and said, "Go back home. You must be tired. I don't want to burden you and make you come here every day."

He pouted and asked, "Why? You don't like me coming here?"

I shook my head and said, "I'm almost dying anyways. No need to come."

Then, his smile suddenly disappeared and he froze.

Just a few days ago, when he came, he had met with Dr.Kim without me knowing and Dr.Kim had told him about my progression.

He said, "Yoseob, I'm sorry but Heejung's tumor seems to be growing faster than anyone else's. She might only have a few weeks, or even less."

Since then, he frequntly visited, but hearing you say that upset him.

He said, "Baby, don't say that."

I looked down at the floor and said, "But it's true. I'm dying and nobody can stop it."

Yoseob thought  for a moment and finally said, "Hm... Since I don't have class tomorrow, why don't we go on a date?"

I looked up with a puzzled look.

He kissed my cheeks and said, "We didn't go out for a LONG time so tomorrow, let's go out and have some fun like a normal couple, ok?"

I said, "O...Okay...."

He said, "Rest up. I'll be going then, ok? I love you." and he planted a gentle kiss on my lips.

I laid down, already exhausted from doing nothing.

Soon, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep with a smile on my face.

Seeing me go to sleep, he quietly got up and left to go see Dr.Kim.

He carefully opened Dr.Kim's door and saw him recording something.

Dr,Kim looked up and said, "Oh hey Yoseob!"

He bowed and asked, "Can we talk?"

He nodded and pointed to the chair in front of him.

Yoseob said, "I know Heejung's sick but I was wondering if I can take her out tomorrow."

Dr.Kim asked, "Like a date?"

Yoseob shyly nodded.

He answered, "Ok, if you want. Just be careful."

Yoseob nodded and left with a smile.

--------

As the night closed in, my pain started again.

I suffocated to catch every breath and began sweating.

I thought *Oh no! Not now!* and I suffered for hours until it died down after 4 hours.

Tired, I looked out the window and a tear rolled down your cheeks.

i couldn't help it since all you did for your boyfriend for last 3 years is nothing except seeing you die away.

I thought *If the only thing I can do for Yoseob is that, then I'd rather die.*

But again, I couldn't think of doing that, knowing what pain I can throw upon Yoseob.

I said, "Just one more day and I'll be happy....." and I fell back asleep with my hands folded together.