It's so hard

Breaking Hearts

"Hi SeungRi-ah." JiYong said as I entered the classroom. I waved at him and tried to avoid eye contact while sitting in my seat next to him.


"Work on your Do Now for about 2 minutes and then we'll head to lunch." My teacher announced.


I started to work on my Do Now, ignoring JiYong's sighs. He knew something was wrong. I couldn't tell him yet. Not when I'll be forced to look at him mourn for the next hour and thirty minutes.


My teacher told us to line up and we did. On our way to lunch, JiYong asked what was wrong and I told him I would tell him later. We made it to lunch without anymore questions, but at the table, we barely talked. I tried to distract myself from my depression by talking to people around me. It didn't really work, but it was good for what could be the last time I talked to them. They'd probably all hate me after what Im going to do today.


We went back to the classroom and had a regularly crazy class period. I noticed JiYong shooting me worried glances because I was so quiet, but I ignored them. I was gonna deal with that when class ends.


*Brrrrrrriiiinnnnggggg!!!!!*


The bell rung. It's time.


I gathered my things and got ready to exit, JiYong at my side while our fingers were intertwined.


"JiYong....I have something to tell you." I said with my head down.


"Hm? What's wrong?"


"I...I think.....I think we should break up." I looked up momentarily to see the wave of confusion go over his face before he put his head down in silence.


"I knew it."


"No JiYong it's not that. I'm not leaving you for him. He was my ex. And I'm not going back to him. I would never leave you for him. I love you too much."


"Then why are you leaving me, huh? I don't understand. Whatever I did, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry SeungRi i--"


"No, JiYong. It's not your fault. As you can see, I've been pushing away lately. I've been snapping at the tiniest things. Doing things crazy people would do. My stress has driven me insane....and I don't wanna hurt you anymore than I have. This'll be the last time."


He stayed silent. I tried to hold in my tears as he let one slip.


"I thought you'd always be there for me, SeungRi-ah. You lied to me." He spoke out softly.


"I will be here. As a friend at least. If you want, that is. But I can't do this anymore. Bye, JiYong. "


I left him and went to my 8th block, the last class of the day. My eyes widened upon seeing him, Youngbae, in my seat.


"Hi maknae!" He exclaimed happily. My heart broke. Yes, I still loved him. And yes, he was still waiting for me to come back to him and break up with JiYong. I guess I would have to tell him.


So maknae, what's up?" He asked as I sat down.


"Nothing much. You gonna go to class?"


"I'm staying in your class today for extra help."


"Okay then."


Class went by normally but we were done with everything much earlier than usual.


"So maknae. What's wrong? I notice you seem....down."


"I..I did it. We're....over."


"You did?" He said with excitement. "I...I mean....you did. That's nice. Now no one will suffer anymore, right?"


"Youngbae....I have something to tell you." My head rewinded to when I had said that earlier today.


"Yes, maknae?"


"I think...I think you should find someone else." I said.


"W-what?! What are you saying SeungRi-ah?" He said sadly.


"I....I'm no good. I can't do right by you. And I hate to see you suffer. Especially if I'm the cause. We...we shouldn't get back together."


He fell silent as the bell rung. I took one look at his face and the tears I tried so hard to keep in finally fell out. He wasn't crying, yet, but I could see the water in his eyes, and how his face was now in complete contrast to the smiling ball of happiness it was earlier. I couldn't stand to look at him and know it was my fault. I left him and went to my bus, dragging my feet as I thought about what I had done today. How could I even live with myself?


Sigh....


Breaking Hearts is so hard.


--------


Author's Note: I just randomly got this idea when finishing the second and third chapters to Happy Birthday! -from BIGBANG. XD! Check it out!