She's Gone

Turn Back Time

Turn Back Time
"She's Gone"

 

Myungsoo's POV

Lights flickered, almost blinding my sight as I the lights in the dark room. She's not here again, I guessed. Maybe she left for work, I said to myself. I was used to it that way. I decided to turn on the television to not feel so lonely. I layed down on the long white couch, closing my eyes because I was so tired. Just got back from the hospital, after the death of my first love, I just couldn't get my mind off of her. I stayed in the same position for almost an hour. My eyes were shut, my lips were trembling and I didn't feel my tears flowing because my cheeks were feeling numb. My palms started to sweat, my heart was pumping out of my chest, blood flowing through my veins like an angry stream, flowing, flowing, flowing, unstoppable and hers weren't. She's gone. It was unfair.

I guess in my mind, when she was still in coma, I wouldn't have thought she would leave me. I thought she would just stay there, the way she was, unconscious, unmoving, at least I could still hear her heart beating and I could still feel her warm hands, I could still listen to her breath.  But I couldn't do it anymore. I've lost Jung Soojung. She was gone, she was gone, gone, gone, gone, unstoppable. It was unfair.

----------------------------

Engaged.

Soojung sat at the table in my dining room, her face tired and swollen from all the work, her palms sweating from nervousness. It was one of those days again, when she feels completely depressed. I came to her, making her coffee, and then sat next to her, holding her hand. "Hey, it's going to be okay." I told her. "It's going to be okay." She looked at me. Her eyes gave a murderous glare, but then it softened, her eyes became teary and she sobbed. I hugged her and kissed her forehead repetitively. "Your forehead is warm. Are you sick?"

Her hands crawled towards the coffee but i snatched it away. "No coffee. I'll take it." I insisted.

"But you don't even drink coffee." she said weakly.

"I used to not drink chocolate milk but I do now, don't i?" I smiled softly at her. I carried her to bed and layed her down. Took a clean damp towel and placed it on her forehead, never letting go of her hand.

"Myungsoo." she called. Her eyes were closed, and I thought she was asleep, but i guess she was not.

"Hmm?"

"Stop worrying about me. I'll be fine on my own."

"No you won't. See that's the thing, you won't be fine on your own. Jung Soojung, the only way I can stop worrying is if someone, no-- if i, take care of you. I want to take care of you forever. I know this is not romantic, or anything like an Eiffel Tower proposal or a romantic dinner, I don't even have a ring to prepare but, Jung Soojung, I love you and I want to take care of you forever."

She smiled and nodded; "I would kiss you, but I don't want you to be sick too." she laughed.

I kissed her anyway and said ; "I want you to take care of me, too."

------------

Dating.

Soojung and I never go on dates, not much though. We're awkward like that. We're best friends, that's what we are. We always argue, too. About sports, about bands, about TV shows.... it just gets out of hand sometimes.

"SHUT UP MYUNGSOO DONT TALK ABOUT DANIEL HENNEY THAT WAY."

"WELL HE'S NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HE?" I shouted obviously jealous. She clutched Daniel Henney's poster tightly and pouted like a child.

"OH I WISH HE WAS."

other times, we can be a pretty normal couple. Doing things like going to eat and watching the stars. Soojung likes to make jokes that I don't think is funny.

"Then there's a potato with a bathrobe HAHAHA why would a potato wear a bathrobe?!!" she laughed,

"Soojung, you need to stop."

Also, other times, we don't talk. She'll be doing her own thing, and I'll be doing my own. We're comfortable enough to just stay silent without making it turn awkward.

"What are you staring at?" I said, my eyes focusing on my book.

"How do you know I was staring?"

"Just because I'm not looking at you, doesn't mean I don't know you already, Jung Soojung."

"I'm not staring at your , if that's what you're asking." She laughed.

"Soojung." I turned to her.

"Your is lopsided."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Friends

Being friends with Jung Soojung meant being her mortal enemy and eternal slave. She would usually kick me or hit my head, but that doesn't mean I don't do the same thing. I like to flick her forehead whenever she's being silly.

"What's brown and sticky?" she asked.

"I don't know... but judging from you, I bet the answer would be poop." I said, shrugging.

"Nope. A STICK." she laughed.

"Sure, soojung, sure."

"Ugh you're no fun." she rolled her eyes, kicking me slightly. I smiled at this. She's so adorable.

We like watching stars together and going to art galleries and museums, we don't go to normal dates like going to the park or the movies.... but we werent.... even dating yet.

"Soojung, if i had a crush on you, would you believe me?"

"No." she said with a straight face.

"Why not?"

"Because you have an unsymmetrical face."

".... you won't believe me because I have an unsymmetrical face?!"

"It's hard to read your expressions if you have an unsymmetrical face." She laughed.

Oh.... only Soojung would....

--------------------------------------

How we met

"Yah. Park Myungsoo" came a voice. I looked up, she stood still, her eyes locked on mine. I've never noticed her before. Wait-- maybe I have. She looked at me again, her cat eyes judging every inch of my body. Her hands were extended towards me, she was trying to hand me a piece of paper. "We were assigned together. This week's charity, we're going to an old folk's home. Don't try to skip it, or else I'll have to go alone." she rolled her eyes. "I've asked Miss Lim to change partners, you know, so I could go with my friend instead. But she insisted that I had to be partnered up with you. So. 3PM sharp." She said. I took the form and stared at her. She stared back, blinking a few times and her lips formed a little pout. "Yah... can't you talk?"

"Um, it's actually Kim Myungsoo." I said.

"Oh, sorry. Are you going to come, Kim Myungsoo?"

I nodded, looking at the form again. Jung Soojung. That's her name. I guess some of my friends mentioned her being pretty and all but I've never really noticed. I guess she was decent enough. "I... I'll be there." I said, clearing my throat.

She squinted her eyes, she bent forward, her face leaning nearer towards mine, as if scanning my face. "You're pretty." she paused, she stood up straight again, then casually said, "Your nose is pretty crooked though."

She nodded and left, and that was how I met Jung Soojung.

I didn't bother to come early at the Old Folk's Home. I loved charity, but I didn't know how I could handle a lot of ahjumma touching my face. I didn't know how I could handle a lot of people, I didn't know how I could handle Jung Soojung. When it was about 3:30 I started to welcome myself in, bowing my head politely. I saw her piercing glare. "Where were you?" she mouthed.

"Sorry." was all I could say.

Jung Soojung, the usually talkative girl in class, sat shyly next to an elderly woman, playing cards with her. She laughed a little, and her lips. I also noticed her fixing her hair every once in a while, tugging her shirt with cat prints on them. I didn't notice I was staring at her until her eyes looked at me. I looked away and talked to the older man, laughing at his jokes and nodding at everything he say. I could feel she was staring at me, too.

It ended soon and Jung Soojung came to me, extending her hand and offering chocolate milk. "It's yours." she said, her eyes staring at mine, but her lips were unmoving. She didnt smile.

"Thanks, Jung Soojung." I said, taking the drink from her. "I don't drink chocolate milk though." I said, taking the straw out of the plastic cover then poked it on the drink and drank it. We started walking out of the building. Her eyes were still on me. I felt uncomfortable.

"Who doesn't drink chocolate milk? That's ridiculous!" she snorted. I shrugged, and she rolled her eyes at me. "You don't talk a lot, do you?" I shrugged again. "Don't you even have an opinion?" she sighed loudly. I stared at her blankly. "Okay-- um.... What's your favourite weather?"

"I like it when it rains."

"Favourite season?" she started to smile.

"Hey, that's not fair, I get to ask, too." I said, laughing a little.

"Arasseo arasseo, go ahead and ask me questions." she smiled, her eyebrows raised, her hair swept sideways, her eyelashes batting at a rhythmic beat. "Myungsoo?"

"Oh, right." I said, snapping out of my daydream. "What's your favourite food?'

"Sushi, even though I'm allergic." she laughed; "I eat them anyway." she nodded; "What's your favourite season?"

"Easy. Autumn." I said, smiling "Yours?"

"Winter." she smiled as well, looking at me. "Yeah, winter." she nodded.

"So you must like it right now, huh?" I smiled, looking around. It was snowing. We've already walked far, I don't know where we were heading, we were just... walking and it felt nice.

"Hey, one question only." she grinned, "My turn." I nodded my head and smiled. "Favourite celebrity?"

"I dont have one."

"Oh mine's Daniel Henney. Your turn."

"Would you want to go to the Art Gallery this Saturday? They have this event going on to see the stars."

She looked at me, taking a few minutes to answer. "Sure, what time?"

"8." I nodded simply. "See you there Jung Soojung."

"Are you going to call me Jung Soojung forever?"

"Hey, one question only." I winked, then left with my chocolate milk, grinning like an idiot.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DO!

ignore the grammatical errors please.

much love <3