Eleven

Far From Perfect

''What do you want, Kim?'', I asked him as I walked in to the CEO's office. ''Shut the door and come towards me.'', Jonghyun instructed, his eyes not leaving pictures on his desk. Looking at him and to the door with a weird look, I closed the door with a small thud and walked toward him with hesitant steps. 

 

''Do you know how to pick nice presents?'', he asked as I stopped beside him. ''I guess. Why?'', I answered his weird question. He looked up and me and took my hand. It took several scoops of my pride to not take my hand back. ''I need help.'', he begged. ''And you specifically want mine?'', I asked to be sure. ''Yes.'', he answered. ''My mom's birthday is in three days and I still haven't bought anything for her. I need a woman's help.'', he explained, banging his forehead on the desk. 

 

My eyes widened. ''I thought your only family was Minwoo and your dad?'', I asked. ''My parents are divorced and now my mom is a widowed divorcee. Even when my dad was alive, we'd never miss her birthdays. Never.'', he explained.

 

''My mom's going to kill me if I miss it.'', he said as he kept continuously banging his forehead against his desk without a pause. ''Hey. Stop it.'', I cut in as I cradled his head and leant it against his chair's head-rest. ''Could you just put your hate for me behind us and help me with this?'', he said desperately. ''As long as you promise me you're not going to bang your head open.'', I compromised as I massaged his head. 

 

''Maybe you're not that bad.'', he said as he looked up at me. ''It's a bit too soon to be thinking like that, Kim.'', I chuckled at his swaying opinion. He smiled and I ruffled his hair once before pushing his chair aside and seeing the pictures. ''Are you trying to gift her or propose to her?'', I asked, picking up a picture of a diamond ring. ''Hey. This is my first time picking out gifts without my dad.'', he said coming up behind me. ''Cut me some slack.''

 

''It is a nice ring.'', I said, gazing at it longingly. ''You want a ring like this, eh? I don't think Jongin could afford it, though.'', he joked as he brought his chair over and sat down. I smacked his arm in response. ''For 's sake, Jonghyun. We haven't even kissed yet!'', I retorted. ''Well, that can easily be arranged.'', he huskily said as he stood up, his arm wrapping around my waist. I froze when his face kept inching closer and closer.

 

I surprised myself when I didn't reel over when he spoke. ''Did I mention you have beautiful lips, Choi?'', he murmured. I shook my head. My face flushed at how close our faces were and put my hands on his chest to push him away. ''Kim...not now.'', I mumbled loud enough to hear. ''What? I can't compete against Jongin? You think I'm not good enough?'', he asked angrily.

 

''Jealous much?'', I asked with my arms across my chest. ''It's no use hiding it now, is there? Yes, Choi. I'm jealous!'', he yelled. Nodding, I walked over and patted his cheek. ''Sure, you are. You just feel sorry for me, don't you?'', I asked, curling my fingers around his hand. Jonghyun just shrugged and brought my hand to his cheek. ''I do. You deserve someone better, Choi. Someone way better than Jongin.'', he said softly.

 

''She deserves someone better than me?''

 

Both of us turned around to see Jongin standing at the doorway, his hands shoved in to the pockets of his leather jacket. His brown eyes gleamed and I knew that he was trying his best not to wrangle Jonghyun in front of me. ''She does, actually.'', Jonghyun retorted to Jongin's direction. I punched his chest half-heartedly. ''Stop that. Don't make him mad.'', I said. He ignored it altogether and brought me closer to his chest. ''How long have you been standing there, Jongin?'', Jonghyun asked as he purposely wrapped his arm around my small waist for Jongin to see.

 

''Long enough to see you almost her face off.'', Jongin answered smartly, eyeing his arm resting on my hips. ''Nice.'', Jonghyun nodded impressed. ''Alright, I'll let her go.'', he surrendered before Jongin could interfere. I walked towards Jongin and watched him place a chaste kiss on my cheek, his eyes never leaving Jonghyun's. ''And, Choi?'', Jonghyun called out. I turned around in Jongin's arms with an expectant look on my face.

 

''We still need to pick out my mother's birthday present.'', he reminded. ''Meet me in the lobby at four, okay?''. I nodded and walked out the door, my hand held tight in Jongin's warm one. Although, I didn't see Jonghyun screaming inaudibly inside his office, throwing the pictures and kicking furniture in frustration.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''Why does he want you to go with him? He's a CEO, isn't he? Doesn't he have secretaries?'', Jongin frustratingly ate his ice-cream covered patbingsoo. I chuckled and watched him shovel down his dessert. ''He's claims that I'm the only person he has a history with.'', I answered him while picking at my peach yoghurt. Jongin froze, his spoon halfway inside his mouth. ''History!? You guys had ?!'', he whispered, obviously annoyed. My eyes widened. ''What, no!'', I said eating my yoghurt.

 

''We were classmates.'', I said to him. Jongin nodded while stabbing his patbingsoo with an adorable smile on his face. ''Quit it.'', I slapped his hand. ''Make me.'', he smirked, puckering his full lips. ''In your dreams, Jongin.'', I chuckled as he pouted when he faltered. I glanced at the clock on the wall and realized it was 5 minutes past four. ''I have to go. I'll be back soon, I promise.'', I hurriedly told him as I gathered my things. 

 

''Wait, when will I see you again?'', Jongin asked, getting up. I smiled at the cheesy pick-up line which was used mostly on first dates. ''Soon.'', I answered his question, pecking the corner of his mouth, leaving him alone in the patbingsoo parlour.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this update satisfactory?

Is it~?!

D:

Comment and subscribe!

tumblr_me7omiUPgH1rxdz6co2_500.jpg