Chapter 1

Mission: Make Mummy fall in-love with Daddy Again

 

 

Choi Seung Hyun is beyond busy. He hasn’t slept since he came to work yesterday and the pile of binders and papers on his desk seemed to be endless. He sighed as he adjusts his glasses while reading a contract that needed his signature. Being the President of the Choi-Park Holdings, one of the largest companies in Korea, at the age of twenty-five, is one hell of a tough job.

 

.

 

Seung Hyun cursed as he felt a throbbing pain in his temple. He swivelled his chair away from his desk while he gently massage it. Oh how badly he wishes he was at home right now with his family. He misses his kids’ tender hugs and their sweet talks and most importantly, he misses his beautiful wife’s kisses. He frowned when their heated argument crossed his mind.

 

What’s really her problem? He just doesn’t want her to work because she doesn’t need to. He can give all that she needs and all that she wants. He just wants her to be at home, take care of their children, cook delicious meals and wait for him to arrive. Is that difficult to do?

 

They haven’t talked with each other for almost a week now and her silence is making him crazy. Sure, he sees her everyday at their house or rather mansion but that was it. She doens’t even sleep beside him anymore and its killing him not being able to touch nor make love to her.

 

He doesn’t want her to be tired because of her damn work and this is what he gets? A week of restraining himself not to touch her. A week of torture and self-control.

 

As he daydream about his wife’s perfect body and luscious lips, the door slammed open and a teary-eyed looking mini Bom and a pouting mini Seung Hyun entered the room.

 

“Young Master! Young Mistress! Please stop running! Mr. Choi will kill me if the both of you get hurt-” His secretary, Mr. Kang, who’s panting like crazy, stopped shouting when he saw his boss. Feeling embarrassed because he was caught shouting at the corridor, he courteously bowed and then gently closed the door of Seung Hyun’s office.

 

“Daddy!” The twins simultaneously called out and hugged their Dad.

 

“Joonie-ah, Yeonie-ah. What are you doing here in my office? It’s 6:30 in the morning for crying out loud. Don’t you have school today?” Seung Hyun said while twirling the pig tails of his daughter and ruffling the hair of his son affectionately. He was so glad that they paid him a visit in his office. He desperately needs to be with his children so that he’ll be energized.

 

“You didn’t come home last night, Daddy. Joonie and I miss you so much.” 7 year old Seung Yeon said while wiping the big fat tears from her eyes. She scrunched up her nose the exact way Bom does whenever she’s crying. Seung Joon, being the silent twin, just nodded and pulled his sleeves. The action somehow reminded him of himself when he was about Joon’s age. He loves to pull the sleeves of his dad or the dress of his mother whenever he wants their attention that’s why he often gets scolded by his parents.

 

Seung Hyun just didn’t sleep in his house for one night and yet the kids act like he’s been away for weeks. Oh the things he love so much about being a father. He gets free hugs and free kisses from his children. Everytime they hug/kiss him, he feels that he’s the happiest man alive and he feels energized instantly. That’s why he loves his kids so much! They are his pride and joy. His family is his life. He can’t imagine living his life without them.

 

“I miss the both of you so much too. Daddy’s just busy with work.” Seung Hyun kissed both their cheeks and carried them in his arms.

 

“Aigoo~ So heavy! My babies are getting bigger and taller. Daddy cannot carry them both anymore.”

 

“Aniyooo Daddy! We’re still your babies!” Seung Joon and Seung Yeon playfully covered his eyes and mouth attempting to immobilize their Dad. Seung Hyun chuckled as he sat on his office chair while the twins sat on his lap.

 

He then picked up the phone to talk to his secretary. “Mr. Kang. They’ll be having the usual. Yes, two banana milks, corn muffins and a cup of coffee please? That’s all. Thank you.”

 

As he looked at his children, he can’t help but notice their resemblance. Little Seung Joon looks like him a lot and they have the same personality too. His son is a bingu like him and they laughed out loud when they saw him being a bingu to his sister. His twin sister hates it so much but he kept on pestering her. Seung Hyun was proud having another bingu in his household. Another similarity is that Joon likes to collect be@rbricks too. When he saw his Dad’s thousands of collection of be@rbricks, he said to him that when he grows up he would triple the number of his collection. Again, Seung Hyun felt very proud. His son looked so determined when he promised that and somehow, he knows that that will really happen in the future.

 

While his son is a mini him, little Seung Yeon is a lot like Bom. She looks like Bom in every angle and it made him miss his wife even more. Seung Yeon displays interest in music too. She sings very well and asks her mom to teach her how to play the piano and the cello. Even Bom and Seung Yeon’s personality is the same. The way she smiles whenever she sees a corn, the way she frowns whenever she’s sad or whenever there is no corn for her snacks.

 

Bom and Seung Yeon both have that 8D personality and it’s driving him crazy having another bingu and two 8D ladies in his house. But he loves it. He loves it when every morning, the loves of his life would jump on his bed to wake him up. Then they would dance together even if, honestly, they all have no talent in dancing. He loves it when they would make him breakfast in bed which consists of ten layers of banana pancakes and corn cereals. He loves it when after his tedious work from his office, his loving family is waiting for him to arrive at home.

 

“Where’s your Mom?”

 

“Mum’s at home. She misses you a lot, Daddy.” Seung Joon said. He was surprised when he heard his son’s answer. When they were fighting, his wife even said that she hates him. So now she misses him? Seung Hyun felt alive!

 

“Really? Why do you think so?”

 

“Yes. She didn’t slept with us anymore.” Little Seung Yeon said while she her Dad’s rough, day old beard. During these past few days, Bom slept with the twins. Seung Hyun knows that she did that purposely so that she can avoid talking to him.

 

“Did she ‘sleep’ in our room last night?” He asked, emphasizing the word she used incorrectly.

 

“Yes, she did sleep in Daddy and Mummy’s room.”

 

So, his lovely wife finally slept in their room because he didn’t come home last night.  She must be really angry with him. She doesn’t even want to see his face. He felt sad. Very sad and guilty.

 

Suddenly, three consecutive knocks were heard.

 

“Come in.”

 

“Good morning Mr. Choi, Young Master Seung Joon and Young Mistress Seung Yeon. Here are your banana milks, corn muffins and a cup of coffee.” Mr. Kang said as he placed the tray of drinks on the table.

 

“Aw~ Mr. Kang! Please don’t call me Young Mistress Seung Yeon. Just call me Seung Yeon okay?” Seung Yeon asked sweetly.

 

“Yeah. Seung Joon will do. I feel very old whenever Mr. Kang calls me ‘Young Master’.” Seung Joon agreed while eyeing the corn muffins and the banana milk.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t do that, Young Master and Young Mistress.” Mr. Kang chuckled at their cuteness.

 

“Why not?!” The twins curiously asked.

 

“Now, why don’t my cute little babies sit over there on the sofa and drink your banana milks. Finish your corn muffins too. I’m just going to read these papers then we’ll go eat breakfast.” Seung Hyun offered as the twins scurried to the table to get their favourite banana milk and corn muffin.

 

“Breakfast at Moomin-sshi’s? Is that okay Daddy?” Asked Seung Joon.

 

“Anywhere you want.”

 

“Yay! I miss Moomin-sshi!” exclaimed Seung Yeon. Their love for Moomin is one of the things they inherited from their mom. Bom likes to eat her breakfast at Moomin’s too. She said that their waffles are the best although Seung Hyun can’t taste the difference between Moomin’s and Mrs. Jung’s, their cook, waffles. (A/N: Moomin is a name of a cartoon character but I used it as a name of a restaurant.)

 

“You miss Moomin more than you miss your Dad?” Seung Hyun asked to get the reaction that he wanted to see from his twins.

 

“Noooooo!” The twins violently shake their head as they put down their drinks to demonstrate to their father how much they love him. He bit his inner cheek to suppress his laughter.

 

“Seung Joon and I like Moomin-sshi but we love Dad thiiiiiiiiiiis much!” Little Seung Yeon and Seung Joon said while spreading and flapping their arms like little birds or rather, chickens.

 

“Good. Because Dad loves your Mom and the both of you that much too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, that was 8 years ago.

 

 

 

 

Back to present time:

 

 

 

 

Choi Seung Hyun is beyond busy. He hasn’t slept since he came to work yesterday and the pile of binders and papers on his desk seemed to be endless. He sighed as he adjusts his glasses while reading a contract that needed his signature. Being the President of the Choi-Park Holdings, one of the largest companies in Asia, at the age of thirty-three, is one hell of a tough job.

 

.

 

Seung Hyun cursed as he felt a throbbing pain in his temple. He swivelled his chair away from his desk while he gently massage it. Oh how badly he wishes he was at home right now with his family. He frowned when their heated argument that sent their relationship to the edge crossed his mind. Bom was angry, no, furious, with him again. They haven’t talked with each other for almost two weeks now and her silence is making him crazy. Sure, he sees her everyday at their mansion but that was it. He’s given her time. He already let her cool down. But now, what? She’s asking for her goddamn freedom?

 

They were so in-love. He doesn’t know what had happened for that matter to ever cross her mind.

 

Maybe she fell out of love.

 

Maybe she really doesn’t love him anymore.

 

Bom wants her freedom and Seung Hyun will give it to her if that’s what she really wants.

 

As he read the papers which were sent by his soon to be ex-wife, the door slammed open and an angry looking mini Bom and a bored looking mini Seung Hyun entered the room.

 

“Young Master! Young Mistress! Please stop running! Mr. Choi will kill me if the both of you get hurt-” His secretary, Mr. Kang, who’s panting like crazy, stopped shouting when he saw his boss.

Feeling embarrassed because he was caught shouting at the corridor, he courteously bowed and then gently closed the door of Seung Hyun’s office.

 

Seung Hyun just sighed. He hasn’t slept since last night due to the proposals that needed his approval. So far, none of the proposals has caught his attention. It’s 6:30 in the morning and he don’t in know what are his children doing in his office at this very hour. He still needs to review the business proposals and finish it as soon as possible.

 

“Daddy! Aren’t you gonna do something about it? Huh?! Somebody’s courting Mum! You hear me? This is an emergency!” 15 year old Choi Seung Yeon said while stomping her Christian Louboutin heels. She can’t believe her Daddy’s letting a random man take away their Mum.

 

“Sweetheart, you’re overreacti-” Seung Hyun was interrupted by his son. He looked at his son’s direction and heaved another sigh.

 

“I’m going to beat the living daylights out of him, Dad.” His badly beaten son, 15 year old Choi Seung Joon said while adjusting the cast of his broken arm he got from riding his motorcycle that crashed to a tree. Seung Joon absentmindedly touched his face and groaned when his hand made contact with his bruised left eye.

 

“And how are you going to do that, young man. Look at your arm! God! What happened to you face? You look awful! Don’t tell me you rode that damn, I mean, your motorcycle again? Didn’t I tell you not to ride it? And you, young woman. Why are you wearing that shoes? It’s freakin high. Where’s you jacket? Why do you like to wear clothes that expose your shoulders too much?! You’re going to catch a cold if you keep wearing that kind of clothing!” Seung Hyun said exasperatedly. He walked to where his son is sitting to examine his arm and bruised face.

 

“I shouldn’t have bought you a motorcycle. Look what happened to your arm. You will never ride a motorcycle again. Understood?

 

“Yes Dad.” He ruffled the hair of his son affectionately.

 

“How are you feeling right now, son? Your bruises look nasty. What did you do this time?” Seung Hyun asked Seung Joon. He touched his son’s bruises softly as the younger male flinch. Seung Hyun just shook his head. He really pities his son’s condition right now. “My God, you look like a battered child.”

 

“I’m sorry, Dad. Yesterday. I punched someone who’s in higher grade level than me.” Seung Joon said smugly. “Guess what? He looks nastier than me even though I only use my left hand to punch his face.”

 

“Yes, daddy! I saw Lee Jun Woo, who punched Joonie on the face, limping his way back home.” Seung Yeon added.

 

Seung Hyun just shook his head and a small smile appeared on his face. He somehow felt proud because he knows that that Lee probably deserves the punch his son gave him. He knows that his son will not do anything to harm others without a valid reason. That is what he taught them to be.

 

“Did you get your bruises treated already, son, Joonie-ah?”

 

“Yes, he already did Daddy! Joonie cried so much like a baby when Mum was treating his bruises! Mum was so angry with him.” Seung Yeon laughed. Her father shot her a look.

 

“How about you, young woman? Didn’t I tell you to stop wearing dresses that show your shoulders? And please! For the love of God! Stop wearing that high heels. Do you want to slip on the floor and get yourself a bruise on your face like your brother?” Seung Joon snickered as he watch his twin sister get scolded by their overprotective father.

 

“Daddy! I won’t slip I promise. I already practiced wearing these heels.” Seung Yeon said while walking back and forth to show her Dad that she can walk perfectly fine with the heels.

 

“Yeah right. I saw you using your Mom’s shoes in your room. I shouldn’t have let you buy those shoes, Yeonie-ah.”

 

“That’s not the point, Daddy!” Seung Hyun and Seung Joon laughed at the blushing Seung Yeon. He walked to his office chair and continued reading the papers that were sent by Bom. His expressions changed and that was not left unnoticed by his children.

 

 

 

She doesn’t want his money. She just wants her freedom and her right to their children.

 

And she wants it to be signed as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

This is bull! Seung Hyun thought.

 

“The point is, I saw Mum being taken home last night by a guy I don’t know!” She exclaimed as she sit beside his brother.

 

“Yeah! And I saw her holding a bouquet of flowers as she went inside the kitchen.” Seung Joon added.

 

Seung Hyun felt his blood boil by the mere thought of his wife spending her time with another man. He acted as if he doesn’t care and continued reading the papers he’s holding.

 

“Daddy! Aren’t you gonna do something? We can’t lose her! We can’t lose her to that guy! I don’t want him to be Mum’s new boyfriend! We don’t him to be our Dad.” Seung Yeon said as she hugs his brother. Seung Joon looked at the floor sadly as deafening silence filled the room.

 

Seung Hyun was shocked as he let what his daughter said sink in.

 

 

“We don’t him to be our Dad.”

 

 

He tightened his grip on the paper he was holding until it crumpled under his fingers. He didn’t even notice that he was already breathing heavily.  He felt hurt and betrayed. Jealousy completely engulfed him as the thought of his children calling a random man Daddy. He can feel his fury as the thought of Bom calling another man Honey.

 

No.

 

He will never let that happen.

 

Over his dead body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am their father and she is mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun is determined to never let go of the mother of his beautiful children. He looked at where his twins were sitting and heaved another sigh. They looked like they’ve lost the battle that hasn’t even started.

 

“Hey, my cute little babies. You haven’t kissed nor greeted Daddy properly since you arrived here.” He said, trying to lighten the mood. “Wanna give your Daddy a kiss?” Seung Hyun said as he both of his cheeks.

 

The twins just looked at him sadly.

 

“Aigoo my babies! Sometimes, I wish the both of you didn’t grow up. You were so sweet to me back when both of you were just 7 years old.” He teased.

 

“Psh! You know you love us Dad.” The twins simultaneously replied as they walk towards their father’s office chair to give him a sloppy kiss on his cheek. Seung Hyun laughed.

 

“Of course. I love my cute little babies.” Seung Hyun said and kissed the foreheads of his twins. He noticed their sad expressions remained.

 

“What’s the matter? Do you want me to buy you another island in Maldives, Yeonie-ah? Or a brand new Ducati, Joonie-ah?”

 

Seung Hyun offered just to make his children smile again but they didn’t smile even a bit. This must be really serious.

 

“Alright.  Help me win her heart again, will you?” Seung Joon and Seung Yeon looked at him happily and excitedly.

 

“Really, Dad? Hell yeah!”

 

“Yah! You two, watch your mouths! Never ever curse again, you hear me?”

 

“Dammit!”

 

“Choi Seung Joon!” Somehow, Seung Joon reminds him of himself when he was a kid. He always gets lots of bruises on his body due to his playfulness. He was so naughty and hardheaded. Maybe that’s why it’s backfiring to him now.

 

“I’m gonna tell Mum that you still love her.”

 

 

 

Seung Hyun smiled as he threw to the trash bin the divorce papers Bom sent him.

 

-;-

Author's note: Hi guys! My name's Rin and here's my new TOPBOM fanfic. I know I still have two unfinished TOPBOM stories but I'm itching to write this one. I'm warning you though. My english skills is not really good so I apologize if there are grammatical errors and etc to this story.  -_____- Thanks for subscribing and for reading! I will update as soon as I can. ^^