Couple Shirts

Couple Shirts

 

Yesung slowly pulled Kyuhyun from one clothes stand to the other; excitement draining the more he flipped through the clothes, the more the frown on his face deepens. Today is their anniversary and it was tradition to get something every year to represent their love. This year, Yesung has his eyes on couple clothes.

Kyuhyun sighed as he was dragged around like a rag doll, the small baby-sized hand holding on in a vice-grip, not loosening even a little. He had probably tried on like a dozen clothes already, all of them being rejected by Yesung, claimed of being too girly, too cheesy, too sick, or just incompatible. (One of them screamed you’re as sweet as a lollipop, while another had a crudely drawn picture of a couple during their make-out session.  Kyuhyun really had to agree to its horribleness.)

Kyuhyun had tried suggesting online shopping, but Yesung just stubbornly insisted that “It’s the experience that makes the memories,” which kind of left Kyuhyun with nothing to say. (Kyuhyun had actually ALMOST retorted back, saying that it would only create a bad memory, but he didn’t want to ruin the day with Yesung being angry with him.)As he was made to try on another shirt, he finally asked Yesung.

“Why not get something else? Couple necklaces?

“We already have that, Kyu. I gave you a necklace the day you came back from the hospital and I have a matching one. Isn’t that considered?”

“Couple rings?”

Yesung just wriggled his finger in front of Kyuhyun’s face, where a silver ring circles one of his fingers. Kyuhyun blinked before reaching to touch his own, not believing his own obliviousness.

“Okay, forget I said that. How about bracelets?”

“We got one for last year’s anniversary, Kyu.”

“Can’t we just get another one?”

“But I want a couple t-shirt this year. That’s the only common couple thing that we don’t have yet!” Yesung huffed.

As much as Yesung wanted couple t-shirts, he couldn’t help but also feel irritated with the fact that he couldn’t find one, ONE pair of t-shirt that he or Kyuhyun liked. He almost wanted to scream, hating the world for not creating enough couple shirts for gays. He and Kyuhyun had to settle for the non-gay ones, and in this case, one of them had to wear the female one. That battle has not even been fought yet. 

That is, until Yesung saw a white shirt, sticking out of a random shelve on top of the clothes stand. That was not what caught his eye, but it was the picture on it. He couldn’t see the full print, but he spied a green leg and a brown shell. Yesung almost jumped in joy when he saw it. Rushing, he roughly pulled it out, leaving behind a stumped Kyuhyun who was inspecting some t-shirts with ‘I love you’ prints.

ing the t-shirt in Kyuhyun’s face, he squealed “Isn’t this just soooooo cute?”

Kyuhyun stared at the shirt skeptically. It had a cartoon turtle printed on the left side on the shirt, with the turtle shyly peeking out of his shell, looking towards the left. Its short and stubby hand was comically extended, reaching to somewhere outside the shirt. This ‘somewhere’ was known immediately after Yesung placed another shirt beside it, its print being rather similar; except that the turtle was female (it had a pink bow at its head) and that it was on the right. The two turtles’ hands would touch just nicely.

It was obvious to why Yesung would like this shirt. Kyuhyun just resigned to his fate, knowing Yesung wouldn’t take no for an answer. Forcing on a smile, he weirdly grinned at Yesung before saying “It’s lovely. Let’s go and try it?” Yesung almost exploded from joy and hugged Kyuhyun tightly around the middle, laughing and tearing from absolute happiness. Kyuhyun’s smile turned into a genuine one as he looked down at the man gripping him tightly. He loves this man too much to care about the shirt, and as long as Yesung is happy, Kyuhyun will be too.

As soon as Yesung let go of Kyuhyun, he pulled the maknae towards the changing room, not even caring about the weird stares he got when he pushed the younger into the room before entering it himself. Previously, it was them entering two different rooms, but in Yesung’s exhilaration, he seems to have forgotten. Kyuhyun grinned like a maniac. If this is what he gets for wearing that kiddy shirt, he will gladly take it.

“So, I’m wearing the guy one, right?” Kyuhyun smirked.

Yesung looked at the younger in alarm, eyebrows furrowing at the thought, his lower lip slightly protruding out and teeth slightly nibbling on the lower fold. Isn’t he supposed to wear the male one?

“But I’m older than you, Kyu. Aren’t the “guy” in this relationship?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at him, saying “Please, hyung. You may be older but you don’t act like one. Plus, aren’t I the more dominant one?” With that sentence, he forcefully grabbed Yesung by his hips, hands going around Yesung’s lower back, hugging him to his body. Yesung flushed before trying to push him away, chastising the maknae for being such an “evil brat and a clingy koala”.

When he finally managed to put some distance between them (involving a lot of cursing and pushing and whining) he looked Kyuhyun squarely in the eye, trying to act like the “man” of the relationship. It failed miserably when Kyuhyun poked him at the side and being the ever-ticklish Yesung, he visibly jumped and started to giggle. Kyuhyun took this to his advantage and assaulted him, constantly tickling Yesung till his giggles became uncontrollable, leaning onto Kyuhyun for support.

When the older man was finally allowed to catch his breath, he was still leaning on Kyuhyun who had his arms around Yesung like a cage, possessive and protecting.  No matter how much Yesung wanted to protest, he can’t help the warm and comfortable feeling coursing though his body, making his heart melt.

But if you knew Yesung, you would know that he is as stubborn as a mule. “But I’m your hyung! Doesn’t that mean anything?” To Yesung, wearing the female one will hurt his ego, and anyway, Kyuhyun needs his ego to be abused a little. Just a little. The maknae was too confident sometimes, daring to speak to his hyungs informally, sometimes not even using honorifics! Yesung should really smack him for his audacity sometimes.

Kyuhyun visibly pouted, lower lip all but pushed out. His eyes brought out the “puppy-kicked” look, but still had an evil glint to it. “But hyung,” the maknae whined with his aegyo-laced voice, “I’ve already given in to you for this shirt. Can’t I have something I want?”

Yesung stared at him, shocked and stunned from the full cuteness attack. All his stubbornness and unwillingness turned into mush, heart skipping a beat at the sight of the adorable maknae in front of him.  (A small voice in his head screamed for him to wake up, it is a trap! But Yesung wholly pushed it aside, locking it in a sound-proof cage, ignoring it completely.) 

“Awww, you’re so cute….” Yesung squealed before pinching the maknae’s cheek, giggling at the squishiness of it. Kyuhyun smirked (with his face weirdly contorted, how do you smirk with your cheeks pinched?) knowing that his attack cannot be defended against, especially by his lover. Sensing victory, he grabbed both of Yesung’s hand that was previously squeezing his cheeks.

“So, I’m wearing the guy version?” Kyuhyun repeated, looking at Yesung adoringly. He teasingly touched Yesung’s philtrum, laughing when Yesung’s face scrunched up, slapping his hand away.

“No matter what, you’re going to insist on wearing it, right?” Yesung sniffed.

Kyuhyun’s mouth stretched into a grin, “Yeap!” Yesung couldn’t help rolling his eyes at the childishness, this being the total reason to why he should wear the male version. But the adamant Cho Kyu Hyun would not budge, keeping up the aegyo façade, while Yesung is left to melt and evaporate at the maknae’s attempt at captivation. And thus, Yesung finally relented, berating himself for being so soft towards the maknae.

Yesung passed the shirt to Kyuhyun, pouting yet again at his defeat. Kyuhyun chuckled a little before swooping down a little to catch the lower fold between his lips, tugging and kissing gently. With vigour, Yesung kissed back, allowing himself to be overwhelmed by the man before him, drowning in his taste, his smell, everything ‘him’.  

They finally broke apart, grinning like idiots before Kyuhyun started shrugging out of his shirt.

Yesung looked at him in horror, only to have his breath catch in his throat when he took in Kyuhyun’s half-ness. His face flushed red before spluttering “What are you doing?!”

“Removing my clothes to try the shirt,” Kyuhyun said coyly.

Yesung’s cheeks turned redder, hastily looking away, only to be greeted by the mirror with Kyuhyun’s reflection in them wearing his signature smirk, the shirt was finally pulled over his shoulders and onto his body. Yesung, with his cheeks tainted pink slightly matching his hair, looked shyly at Kyuhyun before gushing “You look great, Kyu-ah.”

Kyuhyun smiled sweetly at him before asking Yesung to try on his too, and after some more blushing, they stood side by side. Kyuhyun placed his hand over Yesung’s shoulders, connecting the turtles’ hands. Yesung beamed at their reflection and soon the shirt was at the cashier, packed into a bag with Kyuhyun holding it in one hand on the way home. His other hand was in his Yesung’s, fitting perfectly, fingers intertwined.

Back at dorms, they changed into the shirt before snuggling into each other’s arms on the bed, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere and the serenity. 

“Kyu-ah, what do you mean when you said you gave in to me for the shirt? Didn’t you like it?” Yesung said, breaking the comfortable silence. 

Kyuhyun shrugged, saying “Technically, it’s not my cup of tea. But I know you love turtles and no matter what you would insist on it, so I just went along.”

 Yesung’s brows furrowed at the thought, pessimistic accusations floating around his head. The small voice returned, this time screaming it’s your entire fault, and Yesung was about to agree with it before Kyuhyun whispered “But it reminds me of you, so I still love it.”

Yesung’s mood lightened, the small voice all but disappearing. He gazed at his beautiful lover before placing a chaste kiss on his lips, saying “Happy anniversary, Kyu.”

“To you too, my Yesung hyung. I love you.”

“I love you, my babykyu.”

With that, they curled up in each other, hugging each other into an untroubled sleep, the soft texture of the shirt making them feel warm and comfy. 

~

That is, until they are abruptly woken up by Sungmin and Ryeowook bursting through the door, making a ruckus by screaming and shouting “HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!” Kyuhyun groaned, turning over face-first on the pillow, mumbling “go away” before both he and Yesung were instantly pulled out of bed, made to celebrate their anniversary the Minwook way, (involving a lot of cakes and balloons and streamers and Kyuhyun wanted to murder his two best friends for ruining his Yesung-induced sleep,) but when he saw Yesung’s face, full of smiles with eyes crinkling at the side, he decided to let it go and enjoy with his lover.