Prelude Part 1

It's in the Cards

[Unknown Female; April 27th; 3:01AM}

“Hyung... whats wrong?”

Her eyes followed the pair below, mild curiosity visible on her face. It seemed to be two of the fairly new recruits to the cafe; Joon and his shadow --as she called him-- Taemin.

Taemin was an enigma. He was everything the rest of them weren't; shy, kindhearted, and horribly timid. She couldn't figure out why, or how, he had ended up at the cafe just over a month ago. She had been watching him closely as instructed by her superior –who suspected he he was simply a ticking time bomb waiting to blow; thus making him a liability-- after insisting Joon was not fit for the job.

That brought her attention to the bane of her existence, Lee Joon.

He was a simple minded creature in her opinion, one not worth her time, but her babysitting project forced them to meet more than she could tolerate.

Today had been her day off though, and she reveled in the fact, until Joon stopped no more than 10 feet from the mouth of the alley and froze, body tensing.

“Go back Taemin. Now.” she heard him order the younger boy. Taemin stopped behind him on his tiptoes, trying to get a look at what his mentor was fixated on. She assumed Joon was putting on his 'mysterious front' trying to stiff the boy so he could find the nearest club and indulge himself but she found herself leaning over the edge of the roof slightly for a better view.

Much to her surprise, there was indeed a reason to call Taemin back. Sitting at the conjunction of the alley was a female, who gave off the aura of a startled doe. She had never seen the girl before, and judging by Joon's reaction, he hadn't either.

She would not involve herself, she decided then and walked back towards the center of the roof where she left her bag and coat. She stooped down to gather her things and smiled faintly as something fell from the pocket of her pants. A simple blue bead hit the ground and rolled to a stop just a foot away. She swiped it up just as quickly as it had fallen and dropped it in her purse instead. She draped the worn trench coat over her arm and held the bag close to her chest.

“Only 341 more mom...” She whispered to herself before fading into the darkness.