Night1: Proposal

Our Shining Love

 

Taemin's eyes locked on a pair of silver shining rings. "JaeRi, is going to love this.." He smiled. He kept staring at it being lost in his own world thinking different positive possibilities or scenarios once he gives this to his soon-to-be fiancé. He soon snapped back reality when the woman across from him asked if he need assistance. 

He flashed a smile and asked for the rings to take a closer look at it. As soon as she placed it on top of the glass counter where beneath were other rings that Taemin' eyes never settled on, Taemin examined his chosen pair. He carefully picked up the smooth rather cold silver rings, with his soft warm fingers and eyed every surface closely. Without looking away from it he asked, "How much is this?"

The woman replied back, "That ring cost a total of W2000000." 

"Alright then, how much does it cost more with engraving?" He reached in his back pocket for his cheque book.

"Don't worry, the engraving is free, would like to engrave names or?" 

"May you engrave, 'Taemin & Jaeri' with a star around?" 

The woman scribbled the details in a note book with his purchase details, and assured him with a smile that everything is set. He nodded and thanked the woman and told her that he'll be back soon. I walked out with his hands half-way in his pockets of his smooth skinny jeans. He adjusted his glasses and 'CANADA' beanie, so that his fans won't recognise him and cause a commotion in the mall. Taemin entered a cafe and ordered himself coffee like he usually does almost everyday. He sat down on the old fashion comfy couch chairs and placed his coffee down on the table. He fished out his phone out of his pocket and texted to Jaeri.

 

From: Taemin To: Jaeri~
I miss you at the moment :c .. But we'll see each other soon, today right? I have no schedules, thank goodness! ^^


He wasn't surprised when a minute later, his cell phone buzzed. He knew his lady for 4 years and she was the fast texter-type of girl out there. He smiled while opening the message.
 

From: Jaeri To: Taemin
Psh, of course~ It's valentine's day! <3 Also, I miss you MORE than YOU! :P


From: Taemin To: Jaeri
Then I'll pick you up around 6:30, and dress up nicely because this someone wants to see you in a dress again :P 

From: Jaeri To: Taemin
Oh. who must be this someone? :P Some guy? I know who it is~ 


The two continue for another hour sending each other cutesy-cheesy messages to each other and both never fail to giggle at the messages they received or/and the messages they sent to each other. The time struck at a specific time that alerted Taemin, he cleared up the table clean and then texted back to Jaeri that he has to go and made his way back to the Jewellery Store, where he went up to the same woman who helped him with his purchase. He greeted her, and asked for the rings like she would have prepared for him. She carefully took them out that was placed in a soft leather box.

When she opened the box, it was like the rings were radiating under the light like bright stars in the night. Taemin lift up the rings with his soft fingers making contact with them. The outer part of the ring may be just plain silver but the inner part, has the neat carving of cursive writing of the couple's name with the star around their name. He traded his money with the bag that contains the soft white leather box with the rings inside. In satisfied-happy mood, Taemin took out his IPod, plugged in his earphones and played a playlist filled with happy love songs. He made his way home and changed out his clothes, then headed to the shower. After cleaning up he changed into something more gentlemen-like but something not too formal. Satisfied with his outfit choice, he muttered out, "perfect" to himself and got dinner reservations ready. Careful not to waste any additional time, he headed out even he was 20 minutes early.

He drove his car to Jaeri's house and noticed her room was lit. He can see her sitting at her vanity, staring at herself in the mirror, carefully putting on a light shade of blush on her cheekbones. He chuckled how his Jaeri worries about being pretty when she already is. When his phone flashed, '6:30,' he got out of his car and walked up the steps to the door and rung the doorbell. Footsteps were heard as the door got unlocked to reveal a slim figure with a dress that brought out her perfect curves. Her legs aren't as perfect as a model’s but it was clean and smooth that makes you tempted to run your fingers across the smooth surface of something.

Jaeri joked, "Take a picture, it'll last longer." With Taemin's foolishness he actually took it for real and got his camera and, flash! He smiled at his perfect shot. 

"Yah! I didn't mean it you know!” Jaeri pouted at Taemin, and they started walking down to the car. Taemin chuckled at the picture, "This is my new wallpaper." He shoved it into Jaeri's face. Her pout faded and stared into the picture. "Hey, not bad! I look pretty."

“No! You, look beautiful!” Taemin emphasized and opened the car door for Jaeri. “Thank you,” and she stepped in. Taemin ran to the other side and got in the driver’s seat. He drove the restaurant he put reservations on. He parked the car, then he and Jaeri walked into the restaurant, linking arms.

“We’re under the name Lee Taemin.” Taemin asked, still linked with Jaeri.

The middle-aged man looked over the sheet of paper. “Ah, yes. You must be Mr.Lee, correct?”

Taemin nodded and the man led them to their private table. They man and the couple walked past many tables of other customers who’re also dressed as neat as Taemin and Jaeri. Some ladies were swooning and muttering as the couple was passing by.

“OH MY GOSH. IS THAT TAEMIN FROM SHINEE?!” They screamed. But most were concerned and cursed, “Who’s that girl linking with Taemin?” “What the heck? She’s not even pretty.” “I’m more better than her.”

Jaeri got a little afraid and shyly hide behind Taemin which he noticed. He pulled her back but she pulled away from him and continues to hide.  Taemin yanked back harder and surprisingly kissed her soft lips, right in front of all the people, which caused them to gasp. Jaeri was surprised too, what an unexpected kiss! She brought her fingers up to her ‘Taemin-stained-lips.’ They settled down at their table and were quickly served with some warm green tea.

“Taemin! What was that kiss suppose to be for?” Jaeri narrowed her eyes at Taemin who just smiled back.

“Well, some people needs to know about us.” He poked his tongue at her.

“You crazy!?” Jaeri panicked. “I’m going to get attacked by your fans! All thanks to you oppa!”

“No! They’ll have to attack me first to get through to you!” He assured her.

“Sure sure….” Jaeri narrowed her eyes at Taemin again.

The couple dined in delicious dishes and 2hours had gone past like the wind. It was time for Taemin’s plan. The good part of this dinner date, it’ll be no longer known as some normal dinner date, but a special one. Taemin got up and fixed himself and walks over to Jaeri’s side, holding that small white leathered box behind his back.

Jaeri gave him a confused look and kept herself quiet, thinking her “what are you doing?” will be answered. Taemin gave out his hand and bowed his head like how a gentleman asks a fine lady out on a romantic dance. She took his hand and slowly got up. Right when she got up, Taemin kneeled down and took out the box. Jaeri gasped quietly with her hand over and she assumed the obvious of this situation.

Taemin looked up at her with his eyes filled with radiance, filled with true love in those round dark brown shining orbs. His lips slowly curved up and those lips parted. “Hwang Jaeri, will you marry me?”

As those words, that sentence struck her mind and ears, her eyes exploded with tears that had to fall down with her tremendous happiness overflowing her soul. She nodded while responding, “Yes, I will Taemin… I will marry you.” Her cracked over her soft sobs. Taemin too was filled with joy and got up and hugged her with joy. He slipped the engagement ring on her finger and she did too for him.

After, they sent a passionate kiss to each other. The first kiss as fiancées, the stars that night.. glowed more than ever.