Our Fairytale

Our Fairytale

*Naeun’s POV

 

“You guys can pick whatever movie you want to watch.” Chorong unnie told Myungsoo as she poured the chips in a bowl. He nodded and headed towards the living room where his friends are waiting.

 

Myungsoo, together with his 6 friends, did a project with me and my 6 girl friends. It’s like a mini movie for our drama subject.  The 14 of us aren’t actually in the same class but our professors said that we can work with our sunbaes and hoobaes so we decided to make a team. We  started filming 3 weeks ago and the last scene was shot earlier this day. The moment Yookyung yelled “Cut!”, everyone jumped and ran around. We’re so happy that we’re done in the hardest part of this project. The only thing that’s left to do is edit the videos we took.

 

I was supposed to be the lead together with Myungsoo but Chorong unnie saw the troubled expression on my face so she suggested that she and Woohyun oppa will take the roles of the leads. Unnie knows that I have the biggest crush on Myungsoo and we both know that it’ll be awkward if I work with him. I kind of regretted letting go of the opportunity but I didn’t want to look stupid in front of him and his friends. Anyway, Chorong unnie and Woohyun oppa did a good job. Well, nothing beats the chemistry of a real life couple. Everything looked perfect and realistic.

 

“You know you can talk to him. Why does everytime he is around you suddenly stop talking?” Eunji unnie asked. She didn’t mention my name nor looked at me, but I know that the question was meant for me. She’s right, whenever he’s around I get so nervous, my mind goes blank.

 

“Eunji is right. You know, I should’ve let you be the lead. That was a good chance for you to be close to him.” Chorong unnie added.

 

“I…. I can’t. I can’t talk to him. My heart beats faster when I see him. My knees would start shaking when he’s near. Words won’t come out from my mouth whenever he’s in front of me. I don’t know why but I get so nervous everytime he’s around.” I buried my face in my palms. This is so frustrating. The only guy whom I want to be with is the only guy whom I can’t talk to. Ugh!

 

“Just try talking to him. It won’t hurt if you try, right?” Bomi unnie encouraged me with a smile. But, can I really do it?  “Now, let’s go. The guys are waiting.” She pulled me but I stayed in my place.

 

“You guys go, I’ll stay here.” All of them looked at me with worried expressions. “I’m fine. Just want to be alone.” They nodded and went to the living room.

 

I sat on the stool near the counter and pulled my sketch pad and pencil from my bag.

 

*Myungsoo’s POV

 

The girls arrived at the living room with foods and the guys went wild just by the smell of it. All of us sat on the floor and Sunggyu hyung played the movie. Everyone is focused on the movie except for me. Naeun is not here. She must still be in the kitchen. I keep on looking at the entrance of the kitchen, thinking that she might come out soon. But that didn’t happen. 30 minutes passed and she still hasn’t come out. I wonder what she’s doing there.

 

For the past few weeks that the 14 of us are together, she hardly looked at me. She talked to the other guys but she always avoided me. When they told us that the two of us would be the lead, she looked so unpleased. Chorong suggested that she and Woohyun hyung will take the roles and suddenly, Naeun looked so relieved. I wonder why she’s like that. I’ve always wanted to talk to her but she’s making me feel that she doesn’t care about me, that she’s not interested. It makes me sad that the girl I like is not even giving me a chance to be close to her.

 

Someone nudged me. I looked at my right side and I saw Sungjong. “Just go to her. Talk to her hyung.” Sungjong adviced. He is right. Naeun will never know that I like her if I don’t tell her.

 

I got up and walked towards the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen, I saw her sitting on a stool while her head is rested on the counter table. Ah, that’s why she didn’t come out with her friends, she fell asleep. I walked closer to her and I sat on the stool beside her. Her face looks so beautiful, maybe the word beautiful is not even enough to describe her. While I was studying her face, I noticed a sketch pad under her head. I took it carefully and looked at her masterpiece. It’s the same house from my dream. A simple yet beautiful house. There are 4 people in her drawing, a couple with their 2 kids. Well, I’m seeing these people as me, Naeun and our two kids.  The couple are sitting on a bench while the kids are running around the playground. The wife’s head is rested on her husband’s shoulder and the husband’s arm is wrapped around his wife. A happy family. I smiled, this is exactly the same scene from my dream. My dream family in our dream house. I looked at the back of the paper and the smile on my face grew wider.

 

“Myungsoo and Naeun:

Our Fairytale