The Alley

Slender: The Real Life Version


Sulli started slapping her herself. She didn’t stop until she couldn’t feel her cheeks anymore. The paper was still on her door when she opened her eyes. It was definitely real. She quickly grabbed the paper and ripped it apart.

“Yah, Slenderman! Wherever you are, go away! I’m not going to play this game!” Sulli yelled as she looked around, half hoping it was there so it receives the message and half hoping it was not so she doesn’t have to see it. It wasn’t. She was there alone.

She struggled to get the key into the keyhole. The keys kept on slipping off her sweaty hands. Finally, the door opened. She rushed in, grabbed her wallet and ran out. She immediately headed to Victoria’s stall. She just got the shock of her life and she’s absolutely starving. It was definitely the most horrible feeling on earth to her.

Soon, she arrived. Victoria wasn’t there but her plate of ddukbokki was on one of the tables. Thinking that Victoria was in the ladies, Sulli sat down for a while, catching her breath while waiting for Victoria to come back. was soon watering from the smell of the delicious ddukbokki. She stared at the plate of scrumptious rice cakes in spicy gravy with little slices of fish cakes in them. She couldn’t help it anymore. She took a rice cake and happily chewed on it as she looked around, observing the almost empty street.

As she was about to put a third fish cake into , she spotted small little dark-red dots on the ground. It was too dark to be the ddukbokki gravy. She stood and followed the dots going towards the stove. There was a knife where the trail of dark-red spots ended. She was aghast. She realized that Victoria has been away for too long and the only type of liquid that the spot could be was… blood.

She followed the spots, wishing that it would bring her to Victoria. It ended in a dark alley. There was a big dustbin that had overflowing piles of rubbish. She could hear the movements of small little creatures that were never her favourite among the disorganized heap of old, tattered newspapers.

“Ahh!” Sulli shrieked as she shook a cockroach off her feet. She quickly ran out of the alley before ending up with cockroaches all over the body. It was about three in the afternoon then. Amber and Krystal, another of her close friend were probably having their basketball practice right now. Then, Sulli decided to give Luna a call. Fortunately for her, Luna picked up.

“Ne?”

“Luna unnie! Are you free now?”

“Ne… Waeyo?”

“Can you uhm… come to… Aigoo I don’t know where I am right now.”

“What? How can you not?”

Sulli looked around frantically for a sign somewhere but she couldn’t.

“Wait. … I’m at… aish, just meet at Vic unnie’s ddukbokki stall alright?”

“Arasso.”

Sulli slowly walked back to Victoria’s stall by following the trail of blood. Her body was slightly shaking. She just saw a note at her door that looked so similar to the one in a scary game and now her unnie’s gone with only a trail of blood left from her stall to the dark alley. She could not really think properly anymore.

“How could this be happening? Is this really for real?” A bazillion questions filled her mind.

“Yah Choi Jinri, what’s up? Oh and why didn’t you come to school today?” Luna walked towards Sulli with her bright smile stuck on her face as always. Sulli wanted tell Luna everything that happened but there was this lump in that made it difficult for her to speak. Not wanting to waste anymore time, she quickly grabbed one of Luna’s hands and dragged her to the alley, following the trail of blood again.

“YAH, YAH! WHERE ARE WE GOING?” Luna screamed. Despite having Luna screaming into her ear non-stop, Sulli did not slow down. It wasn’t long before arriving at the alley again. Sulli stopped before entering the dark alley.

“YAH CH-“ Sulli cupped her hand over Luna’s mouth. Sulli used her other hand and put a finger on her lip, instructing Luna to keep quiet. Luna nodded and Sulli took away her hand. Sulli took a deep breath and put both her hands on Luna’s shoulders and stared at her.

“Have you played Slender before?”

“No but I’ve seen people play before…”

“So you know those pages that you have to collect in the game? I saw one just now at my door. ‘Victoria’ was written on it. When I went back to Vic unnie’s stall, she was gone. Then I saw these spots and followed it. It ends here. I’m so scared, unnie! What if Vic unnie’s injured?!”

Luna stared at the dark-red spots on the ground that Sulli pointed at. She did not know what to do. She was frightened too. She mustered up her courage and held Sulli’s hand tightly.

“Let’s go find Vic unnie together. We’ll call the police if we can’t find her by 6pm okay?” Sulli nodded and slowly, they entered the dark alley. Both of them were shaking. Soon, they were not holding hands anymore. They were hugging each other. On their fifth step in the alley, Luna quickly ran out of the alley. She couldn’t do it anymore. Sulli quickly followed her.

“Yah Park Sun Young! You said we’re gonna try find her together!” Sulli grumbled.

“Mianhe… can we call someone else to go with us?” Luna said as she pouted. Sulli just shook her head and took out her phone. She scrolled through her contacts.

“Jonghyun oppa?” Sulli asked.

“Onew oppa and Jonghyun oppa has extra practice for singing today.”

“Oh… Key oppa?”

“Nah, I think he’ll be more afraid than us.”

“Hahaha, Minho oppa?”

“I guess he’ll be fine. Why not just call Taemin too so you get to see him,” Luna teased Sulli. Sulli blushed a little as she dialed Minho’s number first.

“Ne?” A familiar deep voice was heard.

“Oppa! Are you busy right now?”

“Just ended basketball practice.”

“Oh. How about the girls basketball team? Are they done with their practice too?”

“Don’t think so, wae?”

“Can you meet Luna unnie and me now?”

“Is it urgent?”

“Ne…”

“What happened?”

“I’ll tell you later. Meet us at Vic unnie’s ddukbokki stall.”

They ended the call and Sulli dialed Taemin’s number. Her heart was beating fast as she waited for his answer. Luna couldn’t stop giggling beside her.

“Shut up, Sun Young.”

“Yoboseyo?” Taemin’s sweet voice was heard. Sulli couldn’t help but smile.

“A-annyeong Taeminnie oppa!”

“Oh Sulli ah, wae?”

“Uhm… Are you free right now?”

“Ne, are you asking me out?” Taemin joked.

“Hahaha sadly, no. Can you meet Luna unnie and me at Vic unnie’s ddukbokki stall now?”

“Ne, see you!”

Sulli couldn’t stop smiling as she ended the call.

“Aren’t your cheeks hurting?” Luna nudged Sulli who was in a daze. Sulli got back to her horrifying reality and stopped smiling. They slowly walked back to Victoria’s stall. It wasn’t long before Taemin arrived. Sulli looked at him in adore.

“Yah, stop staring at him Jinri ah. There’s gonna be a hole in him soon,” Luna whispered. Sulli quickly looked away and turned red.

“Annyeong!” Taemin said cheerfully. Sulli and Luna waved at him. Taemin took a sit beside Sulli, making her die of happiness inside.

“So what’s up?”

“We’ll tell you when Minho oppa arrives okay?” Luna replied in place of Sulli who was in a daze again.

“Minho hyung’s coming too?” Taemin asked. Luna just nodded and pinched Sulli. Sulli jumped a little.

“Eh? Where’s Vic noona?”

“That’s the problem, oppa.” Sulli replied sadly as she looked down. At that moment, Minho arrived in his basketball jersey and school bag.

“Mianhe, oppa for troubling you,” Luna and Sulli said in unison.

“It’s okay… Oh, Taemin annyeong!” They waved at each other and finally, Sulli told them what happened. The bright smiles they both had at the start disappeared. The four of them immediately ran to the alley.

Without hesitation, Minho entered first. Followed by Luna and Sulli who were hugging each other. And finally, Taemin. This time, the girls felt more secure being in between two guys. They kept walking deeper into the alley but there was nothing. The stench was getting stronger. Victoria was no where in sight and there was no noise at all. They walked back out, disappointed that they were not being able to find their beloved sister who was like an older sister.

On the way out, Sulli accidentally slipped because of the wet ground. They didn’t know what the puddle was because it was definitely not just rain or plain water and they definitely don’t want to know. Fortunately, Sulli wasn’t holding onto Luna anymore. If they were, Luna would’ve have ended up with a sprained ankle too.

“Aigoo, I don’t think I can walk properly! Ouch…” Sulli rubbed her ankle gently.

“Let me help!” Luna offered her hand. Sulli took it and stood up. She hung her hand around Luna’s shoulder. After a few minutes, Luna’s shoulder was hurting. Due to Sulli’s height, her weight was a little heavier and it was also hurting her back to bend and put her arm around Luna.

“Come on, let me help,” Minho said as he took Sulli’s other arm, wanting to put it over his shoulder.

“Ani… It’s okay… You got a heavy school bag to carry,” Sulli protested as she pulled her hand away but it was taken again. This time by Taemin. Sulli was shocked. Taemin gave her an assuring smile as he put her hand over his shoulder and put his other hand on Sulli’s waist. Sulli’s heart was pounding really fast.

“Thank god for the puddle of unknown liquid,” Sulli thought as she smiled brightly.

 


Whoopwhoop, second chapter's up! Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment! ;D 

-aiscream             22/12/12