Happy Birthday...

Feelings

Jongin POV

And so it was July 18th and Taemin's birthday. Jongin hadn't had a clue of what to give him so he had simply bought him candy. His favourites but still, it felt a bit lame. But he seriously couldn't think of anything to give him. He had tried to remember previous birthdays but it seemed impossible to remember now. Maybe they hadn't even celebrated properly like this ?

'You're giving him sweets ? Haha you're like a ten year old Jongin.' Sehun laughed behind him.

'Oh come one help me.' Jongin begged Sehun.

'Haha well he's your friend, you of all people should know what he likes.' Sehun laughed and left the room.

'But I really don't...' Jongin sighed.

In the end he decided to just give him the sweets as all the other members were bringing a cake and some other small random things. Now it was time to go and they left for SHINee's dorm to celebrate. It had been some time since Jongin had been there, not since the dance incident anyways... Jongin hoped Taemin would be as happy to see him as he had been on the radio show. He felt happy just remembering his smile from that day and warm just thinking about the hug. He smiled foolishly to himself.

They arrived at SHINee's dorm and Onew opend the door and greeted them with a smile and asked them to come on in. All the members walked inside and greeted the rest of the members. They looked around the dorm which was completely different from their own.

'Ah, thank you so much, you didn't have to.' Jongin heard Taemin's voice and looked around.

'Nonsense ! You can never have to much cake.' Sehun laughed and handed over a rather big cake to the birthday boy.

'Haha well thanks, really that's nice.' Taemin walked over to the kitchen with the cake.

Taemin POV

Taemin put the cake in the kitchen for now and walked out back to the others again. Minho had already started challenging everyone on TV games. Taemin smiled and shook his head, they were all up to lose. No one won against Minho, he was just to determined to win. It didn't even matter what they played or even if it was rock paper scissors, Minho always won.

'Haha good luck Chanyeol, you'll need it.' Taemin said and pointed towards Minho who was smirking.

Chanyeol looked worried at Minho as if he wondered what he had gotten himself in to.

'Haha uh, I wouldn't do that.' Jongin walked up beside Taemin and laughed.

'No Minho mastered that game a month ago, there is not much chance of beating him.' Taemin shook his head and laughed.

'Happy birthday by the way.' Jongin smiled and handed over his present.

'Oh thanks, you really didn't have to though, that enormous cake you all brought was well enough.' Taemin laughed.

'Well I wanted to anyways.' Jongin smiled at his bestfriend.

Taemin smiled and closed his arms around Jongin.

'Thanks.'

Jongin slowly returned the hug as if a little unsure wether or not he should've.

'Cake everybody.' Key called from the living room.

Taemin smiled at Jongin and walked over to the living room.

Jongin POV

Jongin smiled back and went over to the others as well. Since there were so many of them they were sitting all over the floor with plates in their laps. The cake really was big and there would be left overs from it. Just as expected Minho had defeated Chanyeol and anyone else who had been foolish enough to play video games with him. After having seconds everyone laid around on the floor too full to move. Jongin couldn't remember the last time he had had so much cake and he felt like he needed to walk it off a little.

'Sehun, I'll just get some air.' Jongin said in case someone would wonder where he had gone off too.

'Ok, come in soon again.' Sehun smiled.

When Jongin walked out to the hallway he found Taemin just about to leave.

'Oh were you going out too ?' He scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

Taemin turned around.

'Oh yeah, I just need some air or I'm going to puke.' Taemin said and and took a deep breath.

'Heh I know what you mean, I'll accompany you.' Jongin smiled.

Taemin held up the door and they walked out. There wasn't another building than theirs in this area so the chance of running in to someone was quite small. Even if they would, no one would probably recognize them in casual clothes unless it was a serious fan. The air was nice and cold against their skin compared to the heat from the crowded dorm. They decided to walk towards a near by park since the sun wasn't completely down yet. The street lights as they walked giving the streets around them a cosy feel.

'Ah this feels so much better.' Taemin said and breathed in the fresh air.

'Yes I agree.' Jongin streched his arms as they walked.

They had just reached the park and was about to walk inside when Jongin suddenly bumped in to someone. The girl had made a turn their way the same moment as they had made a turn her way. They hadn't seen each other because of a huge bush and had bumped in to each other before they'd been able to react. The girl was quite tiny and almost fell backwards.

'Oh god, sorry !' She looked up at Jongin startled.

'Oh no, I'm sorry I didn't see you.' Jongin thought she seemed familiar. He found out why a second later.

'Hyerim ?' Taemin stared at the girl who turned to face him.

'Taemin !' The girl's face lit up and she hugged Taemin.

'What are you doing here now ?' Taemin asked surprised when she let him go.

'I was just going here.' She said.

Jongin was confused for a bit since she was just leaving the park but then he realized they were standing at a bus stop just outside the park.

'I met up with a friend here.' She explaind further.

Before Taemin had a chance to answer she continued.

'But what are you doing here ?' She asked.

'Live close by, you know.' Taemin said.

'Oh that's right, although you might've been dead for all I knew since you dissapeared tha last time !' She pouted and hit Taemin's arm.

'Ehehe, sorry abou-

'Whatever.' The girl cut Taemin off and flipped her hair.

'My name is Hyerim.' She said and faced Jongin with a smile.

'Ah I'm Jongin.' Jongin said awkwardly.

'Oh I know, Kai.' She smiled.

She turned around and Jongin followed her eyes to see a bus stopping.

'Nice to meet you in person.' She smiled at Jongin.

'Eh, nice to meet you too.' He answered.

'And I'll see you.' She said and pointed on Taemin's nose.

'Sure sure noona.' Taemin smiled.

'Oh and happy birthday !' She shouted before going on the bus.

The girl dissapeared as fast as she had appeard and left Jongin and Taemin standing there watching the bus leave.

'How do you know her ?' Jongin asked and looked at Taemin.

'Family friends.' Taemin laughed.

They ended up sitting on the bench for the bus stop instead of going in to the park for some reason. The sun was down by now and the sky was pink and orange all over. The silence was growing awkward so Jongin decided to break it.

'Did you have a good birthday ?' He asked.

'Yes it was good, I've gotten more cake and gifts today than ever.' Taemin laughed.

'Haha I hope ours was the best.' Jongin teased.

'Nah...' Taemin teased back.

'Yah that's rude.' Jongin pretended to be hurt.

'The sweets were the best though.' Taemin said and looked at Jongin.

'That's nothing.' Jongin said and looked away a little embarrassed.

'Well thank you for nothing then.' Taemin tickled Jongin's side playfully.

'Yah !' Jongin laughed and tried to make him stop but ended up holding one of his hands.

Taemin was smiling childishly with hair hanging down in his eyes from the struggle in the tickle fight. Jongin laughed at his expression and reached out and the hair away to the side.

'You're so cute.' He smiled without realizing what he had just said and done.

Taemin POV

Taemin could feel a slight tingle in his heart from Jongin's hand on his cheek.

'And you're so clueless.' Taemin smiled.

His eyes were locked with Jongin's and he waited for him to remove his hand from his cheek and let go of the one he was holding but he didn't. He breathed slowly and realized they were sitting so close he could actually feel the warm air Jongin breathed out. Just as he was sure Jongin would let go the other moved closer and then...what.

Taemin couldn't cope with what happend next. He just sat there, in a few seconds it was over. Jongin's hand fell and Taemin's hands were both free. Jongin turned around and faced forward, Taemin did the same. Taemin stared blankly before him. Did Jongin just...did he just...kiss him ? Again ?

'I'm so sorry.' Jongin didn't look at him.

Taemin moved closer and hooked arms with him while he rested his head against his shoulder.

'That's sad because I'm not.' Taemin smiled despite Jongin's words.

He felt so happy all of a sudden, he smiled at the empty road before him.

'R-really ?' Jongin's voice sounded so insecure that he felt sorry for him.

He felt Jongin's hand on his arm and he hugged Jongin's other arm a little tighter.

'Yes really.' Taemin said slowly.

'I just...' Jongin began but silenced.

'You don't have to say anything...' Taemin said.

Jongin POV

He looked down at Taemin resting on his shoulder and smiled at the sight. 

'I love you.' His heart felt warm when the words left his mouth.

Taemin's head slowly turned to face him, shocked. But then he smiled and leaned in. Jongin closed his eyes and felt Taemin's lips on his. A light kiss. When Taemin slowly pulled away it took a while for Jongin to remember how to breathe.

'I love you too, you know.' Taemin's voice was soft and Jongin got goose bumps. He smiled widely as they embraced each other in hug. He almost felt sad because he felt like he was dreaming. He Taemin's hair and held him tight. All the anxiety he had felt these past weeks was blown away with the summer wind and he felt happier than ever.

'I think I always have, loved you.' His voice was low but Taemin heard him and his back.

'And I'm not sorry actually, for loving you.' He added.

'I know Jongin-ah, me neither.' Taemin said.

Jongin wished time would stop there in that moment. He wanted to feel this way forever.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

God I've wanted to write something like that forever, no more angst haha. Hope you enjoyed and sorry for the hiatus, I'll update more often now during summer. ^^