Love Sick

8 Ways To Say I Love You

 

LuYoon.

 

If people would ask, Luhan would smile and choose to be silent about the matter. In fact he didn’t know what they were. For as long as he could remember, she was always there. But if you asked Yoona what they were, she would, with confidence and poise, answer that they were just friends.

Luhan very well knew his feelings extended to more than just friends. Her actions made him think so too. Five years of together, she celebrates all her birthdays with him, she drunk calls him during the early hours, she kisses him during bets, she hires him to be her pretend boyfriend in order to make a guy jealous and she even sleeps over.

This was the problem.

Im Yoona, his female friend, sleeps at his house. To make it worse, she doesn’t bring any spare clothing. She just comes barging in with a sulky face and demands that he lends her a shirt and forces him to sleep on the floor. Being the love sick puppy that he was, Luhan complies, inaudibly mumbling about his sore back.

She throws on one of his big sweaters and quickly snuggles in the bed, not even giving an explanation nor saying good night. 

 “Yoong, are you asleep?”

She doesn’t answer. Instead a small wheeze is heard. He sits up straight on the hard cold floor and looks over her flimsy body. Just as he suspected, she was asleep. But he couldn’t tear away his gaze. He swore indignantly as he realized that she could even captivate him without moving a single muscle.

He can’t tear away his eyes from her. She’s beautiful.

He shifts closer to her and tucks the little strands of messy hair behind her ears. Her eyes are closely shut and her chest moves up and down carefully and slowly. He moves in the beat of her heart and he lands right next to her face.

“Yoong?” he whispers once more just to make sure she’s asleep, “Choooding.”

Luhan is adamant that she’s asleep because if Yoona was awake, she’s beat the crap out of him. So he decides to move a little closer than he has ever before. Carefully reaching towards her ears and smiling before he says “I love you Im Yoona. I really really do.”

He’s like a ninja and jumps into his hard floor when she flinches a little. But he’s still smiling. Idiotically. And in love.