Final

Air

 

 

My P.O.V

                    

That suffocating feeling, choked up and helpless, have you felt it?

I felt it. I felt it when he left me. When he left me, I didn't know what was air anymore. But how could I not know what air was if I was breathing it every single day?

 

That fateful day still imprints in my head as it repeats itself. Always. It just plays on replay.

 

"Sehun-ah, do you want this?" I asked as I pointed to the cheesecake that was displayed.

He looked over as he gave me a brief shake of his head, "Don't want it."

I pouted slightly as I sighed, "Okay."

"I'll just take a seat first, you buy me the usual." He said and walked off.

Before I could even reply him, he was already gone to find a seat. I rolled my eyes slightly but nonetheless agreed silently.

"Eh, can I have 2 latte and-" I looked over at the tempting cheesecake, "And 1 of that." I pointed to it.

"Sure." The girl flashed me a smile before she moved along to get my orders done.

With the drinks and cake in my hands, I walked over to Sehun who was sitting by the glass walls.

I peered outside to find it, gloomy and dark, the street lights and moonlight managed to lightened up the streets outside but the lack of people around made it looked stranded.

I turned back to find Sehun already sipping on his drink as he typed furiously on his phone, ignoring me.

I frowned as I snatched his phone away, "Yah!" He snapped.

I squinted my eyes at him, "Did you seriously call me out to drink coffee at this late night as you play with your phone?"

"No... Alright, I'll stop. But give me my phone back." He asked as his hands stretched out, demanding it back.

I gave him a playful shake of my head, "No, I'm keeping it. Till tonight ends."

He looked at me once more with a look that said, 'are you really not giving it back to me?'

I looked back and nodded before he sighed and retreated his hands back, "Fine."

"So, why did you call me out for?" I asked with a small smile.

He peered up as he played with the small fork for the cake, "Nothing. Just bored."

I frowned as an angered feeling rose in my chest, "Seriously?" I snapped. He looked up, shocked, still uncertain for the cause of my anger. "You could've said because you missed me, wanted to spend some time with me and all you say is that?"

"Come on, we've been together for so long, those are redundant."

I scoffed as I looked at him in disbelief, "Exactly, we've been together for so long, so why is it that up till now I've only heard you say I love you once?"

He sighed as a frowned came on his face, he was annoyed. "You know I am like this. I'm not good with words okay? It's just cheesy!"

"I'm your girlfriend! It's not like I'm going to start judging how cheesy you are!"

"I'm not saying you are judging me! I'm just not comfortable!" He snapped.

We both suddenly kept quiet as we stared at one another. I turned around to find the cafe quiet and the cashier looked away upon catching my eyes.

"I'm done here." I snapped as I stood up and left the cafe, not once touching the cheesecake or latte at all.

I took long strides out of the cafe as I silently prayed. Silently prayed he would catch up and make up with me.

"Yah! ________-ah!"

I heard him call out. A smile creeped upon my face but I kept going, ignoring his calls for me.

"Yah!" He finally caught up to me as he panted slightly.

I tucked that smile away as I turned to him, "What?" I snapped.

"My phone." He said as he placed his hands out just like before, demanding for his phone.

I felt my stomach churned and my heart twisted in a knot as I bit my lips and held my back my tears. I rummaged through my bag as I hastily placed that darn phone of his on his hands before I turned away, letting my tears free fall.

"Bastard." I cursed as I looked down, stifling my cries for he was still behind.

I then took a turn and walked off, but was again stopped by him, "Yah! ______!"

Then he called again, "Yaah!! _______!" His calls were urgent now but I didn't care.

ing bastard.

*Beep beep!*

I snapped up from the horns and I was frozen.

"Save me, Sehun." Was the last thing I uttered.

 

Sehun's P.O.V

                           

I caught up to her, wanting to apologise and make up.

I panted slightly as I let myself rest my hands against her shoulders, "What?" She turned as my hands fell.

And suddenly my mind blanked. What did I want to do again? Right- apologise.

"My phone." I demanded, my mouth not heeding to my request to apologise. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Her eyes glistened under the moonlight and I knew I've once again let her down. it.

She rummaged through her bag as she slammed the device in my hands before turning away, "Bastard." I heard her curse.

I looked down at the device in my hands now as I sighed, "You're such a letdown. Sehun." I sighed as she walked off.

But then, as I caught another look at her, my heart hammered again. "I can't just let her go either. I won't allow myself." I told myself as I called for her, "Yah! __________!"

I trotted a few steps forward, wanting to chase her. I looked left and right, my common practice before I crossed the road and immediately, I felt my heart weigh down.

The blinding lights of a large vehicle was approaching and I called again, "Yaaah!!! ____________!" I called but she ignored.

I held my hands up for attention as I dashed towards her and deafening horns were heard.

"Save me, Sehun." Was all I last heard.