‵*❦ { Poster Tutorial } "Harmony" → Soft, Light, Fluff ; Photoshop

‵*ღ H A L O ¦¦ graphics tutorials & resources {HIATUS}
 
 
*"Tutorial #1 → "Harmony"*
 
{ note } To make the image larger: right click > "Open Image In New Tab"
 
{ You Need: }
{note } Please save these on your computer or laptop before anything else. 
 
 
Open Photoshop and make a new canvas. To open up a new canvas, go to "New" on the Left-top corner and click "New". The dimensions of this canvas is:
Width: 400 pixels
Height: 530 pixels
Resloution: 72 pixels/inch
Color Mode: RGB Color ; 8 Bit
Background Contents: White
 
 
 
 
This is your new canvas~
 
 
 
 
Place the "Yoon Ae Ji" image onto the canvas. To do this, you must go to "New" and click "Place". Look for the picture that you saved onto your PC and place it to the fatherest right side of the canvas. (Note: Do not change the size of the picture)
 
 
 
 
Duplicate the "Yoon Ae Ji" layer. Right click on the original layer and click on "Duplicate Layer". 
 
 
 
 
This is your duplicated layer (highlighted).
 
 
 
 
Move the copied layer, "Yoon Ae Ji (copy), to the fatherest left side of the canvas.
 
 
 
 
Place a layer mask on "Yoon Ae Ji (copy)". The layer mask icon is highlighted on the picture above. 
 
 
 
 
Click on your eraser tool. The eraser must be:
Size: 168 px
Hardness: 0%
Mode: Brush
Opacity: 75%
Flow: 100%
 
 
 
 
 
Now click on the layer mask of the "Yoon Ae Ji (copy)". Eraser the girl and keep the white curtain section of the picture.
 
 
 
 
Now place the "Music Sheet Texture". Make sure the transform controls of thie layer is shown. Make this texture the size that is shown above. 
 
 
 
 
Tilt the texture. The accurate measurement of the tilts are the numbers highlighted.
 
 
 
 
Click the move tool and a box will pop up asking if you want to apply the transformation. Click "Apply".
 
 
 
 
Now you are able to uncheck the "Show Transform Controls".
 
 
 
 
Put the music sheet texture on "Divide" with an opacity of 31% and a flow of 100%.
 
 
 
 
Create a layer mask on the "music sheet" texture.
 
 
 
 
Clciking on the layer mask, eraser the part of this texture that goes over the girl. The eraser must be:
Size: 168
Hardness: 0%
Mode: Brush
Opacity: 75% 
Flow: 100%
 
 
 
 
Place texture 2 onto the canvas. Make sure the transform controls are showing. Right click on the texture and "rotate 90° CW". 
 
 
 
 
Move this texture to the right side of the canvas so only half of it is showing.
 
 
 
 
Put the texture on "Screen" while the opacity and flow is 100%.
 
 
 
 
Place the snow texture and make sure it's the size of the image shown above. 
 
 
 
 
Put the "snow texture" as "Lighten" and the flow and opacity must be 100%. 
 
 
 
 
Click on the "Vertical Type Tool" with the font a regualr "HaloHandletter". The size of the words must be 60pt andit must be smooth. Type in harmony at the middle of the white curtains.
 
 
 
 
The color of the words should be a baby blue.
 
 
 
 
To be specific on which baby blue I use, it is shown above after clicking on the colored box (shown in the step above).
 
 
 
 
Duplicate the "harmony" layer two times. 
 
 
 
 
Place the first copy to the left of the original and it should be moved slightly up. Move the second copy to the right of its original and put it slighty down. 
 
 
 
 
The first copy of "harmony" should have an opacity of 30%.
 
 
 
 
The second copy should also have an opacity of 30%.
 
 
 
 
Clcik on the original "harmony" layer. Click on it twice and a box labelled "Layer Style" comes up. Click on the "Outer Glow" section and make sure these are correct"
(Structure) Blend Mode: Screen
(Structure) Opacity: 75%
(Structure) Noise: 0% 
(Structure) Color: white 
(Elements) Technique:  Softer
(Elements) Spread: 6%
(Elements) Size: 32%
(Quality) Range: 50%
(Quality) Jitter: 0%
 
Click on "OK". Now, write your credits and you're done with making your poster. It's time to save it~! :D
 
 
 
To save, go to "New" and scroll down and click on "Save for Web and Devices...". After clicking on that a big box will appear. Make sure it's "PNG-24" (since that will make the image look more better) and all the other sections are the same as the ones highlighted above. After this click on "Save" and save it to anywhere on your PC. 
 
 
{ note } When I want to upload graphics, I use imgur.com~ :3
The final outcome is the main pitcure of this chapter. 
Good luck~ And don't be afraid to show us your results ^-^*
Have fun~~~
♥ Alice - Lilcandycane ♥