Snowball Effect

12 Days of EXO

(A/N) wow this is ty how did I get a subscriber

*90 degree bow to my 1 subscriber* keke sorry this is so late and the first part is like total I was having problems and um projected it? Into the writing? And then I was reading Anterograde so I was upset half the time....

 

"A-L-L-I-T-E-R-A-T-I-O-N" the English teacher spelled out slowly, as if they were children. The chalk scratched and squeaked against the black board and Sehun shifted his weight uncomfortably.

"This place is so old-school," Jongin whispered to him, carefully copying the foreign letters in his notes.

Sehun's droopy eyes slipped in and out of consciousness but he managed a grunt in agreement and muttered something about it being boring.

"Wanna go Christmas shopping soon? We might not have time to later," Jongin asked, masking his eagerness with an easy nonchalance and pushing up his glasses with long fingers.

Sehun tutted, "you know I don't give presents. I have to work and visit family anyways."

Jongin rolled his eyes, "I really don't think working in a bubble tea shop is going to help support a male college student well."

Sehun shifted the weight of his head back onto his neck and held up one finger, "free food and drink for employees," he straightened a second finger, "pay is 10,000 won an hour," he added a third finger, "I have no loans to pay off," he held up four fingers, "I have a lovely  aparment-"

"That was your parent's old office apartment that they gave you as a high school graduation present along with paying for all of your textbooks and student fees so you wouldn't have to get student loans," Jongin interuppted.

"and a roommate -you- to split the bills with," Sehun held up his open palm to Jongin.

"Just to split the bills with, huh?" he muttered, jaw tightening the slightest bit in dissappointment. Sehun pretended not to notice.

"Fine. If money isn't a problem for you I except these from you for Christmas," he bit out tersely, scribbling on a scrap of paper.

"You want me to get page 96 numbers 1-23 and 45-50?" Sehun raised his eyebrows teasingly, "and to call you? Kiss mark, Miyun"

"The other side ."

"Polaroid camera, 10 boxes of film, and cigarettes?" he questioned.

"If possible in bulk. I don't have enough money for two packs each month," Sehun opened his mouth to argue, "don't tell me to cut back I know you take them sometimes."

His eyebrows furrowed, "and a tattoo? You want me -the Oh Sehun that can't even draw a stick figure- to give you a permanent tattoo."

"Just pay for it," Jongin scoffed, "you are such an idiot I can't believe I-" his jaw tightened again.

"You what? Fell for me?"

"I can't believe I'm friends with you," Jongin shoved everything in his canvas bag and slung it over his shoulder with no attempt to hide his annoyance. He was up and out of his seat the second the bell was ringing and left Sehun scrambling to get his own belongings in his bag. 

He bolted out the door when the teacher finally stopped chattering at him and sprinted through hallways, weaving between the many varied bodies of other students and teachers until he got to the parking lot.

"Yah! Kim Jongin!" he knew his friend heard, but didn't care enough to turn. Because he's being an . Jongin had already reached the slightly aged Kawasaki his parents bought for him to fix up as a graduation present. He swung his leg over and straddled the seat, like he had so many times to Sehun, waking the younger up to lazy Sunday mornings with a soft smile on his lips and a strange look in his eyes that Sehun couldn't quite place.

His glasses were off and the soft dark grey cardigan had been switched out for a black motorcylce jacket. This is why certain people love Jongin. In about 5 seconds he could switch from an intelectual, perfect-boy god to a cool badass image. But that's all it ever is, an image.

Sehun thinks Kai's always a god though.

"Why don't you have your Taeminnie oppa buy all this for you?!" he yelled, referencing a memory of a drunk Jongin asking Taemin hyung to be his sugar daddy.

Jongin continued ignoring him, slipping on his helmet looking for an opening and quickly slipping into traffic, dangerously weaving between lanes and cars and dissappearing from Sehun's sight.

❄ ❆ ✲ ❄ ❆

Work wasn't busy, and Sehun's boss let him leave early. He'd picked up some things from the store for his family. It didn't matter that the fresh produce chomped a hole in his wallet. What kind of son would he be if he wasn't going to bring his family good food?

Running up familiar steps, he stopped at the door and dropped a few bags of groceries/gifts and his duffle on the ground, shakily breathing into his cupped hands, unsure of whether to knock or use the key taped to the top of the door frame.

Before he could make up his mind the door swung open and his older brother, Jinki, nearly ran into him, smacking Sehun's chest with the keys he was swinging around on a lanyard.

"Oh! Sehun!"

"That's my name, don't wear it out," he muttered, rubbing where the metal had hit him.

"Yah! If you're going to give me sass be respectful about it," he scolded, bending down and looking through the bags, "ah perfect. I was just about to go and buy some of these."

"I'm a perfect son, if you haven't noticed," Sehun retorted, "can I come in?"

"No." Jinki stepped back with a smirk, shutting the door quickly and Sehun's mouth parted in slight shock.

"Is that Sehun? Don't just leave your brother out in the cold!" the door swung open again to reveal his tiny, plump mother and his wiry father walking towards them.

"Aigoooo our son hasn't changed a bit has he? But maybe you've gotten more handsome," his mother smiled happily, her eyes crinkling at the corners like they always did when she smiled. HIs fathers face wasn't smiling, uncomfortable more than anything. It's been a year since that incident and his face seems to be like that permanently. At least it's like that when he knows I'm around.

"So are you coming in or not? Because I'd be glad to take that mochi for you," Jinki interjected in the short - and slightly awkward - silence.

"Yeah-hurry and grab the bags, peasant," Sehun playfully snapped, bending down and shoving all of the groceries into his hyung's arms and shouldering his personal bag.

"Hey you brat-"

"Bbuing bbuing~"

"Oh my baby is still cute," his mother cooed.

Sehun ran off to his old room, dropping his bag on the ground and flopping on top of the clean sheets. He groaned and stretched, wanting a nap. He didn't expect to be so tired from last night. As usual, Jongin was fine because of "a little concoction called coffee." Sehun was too stubborn to let Jongin make him a cup after his failed attempt that somehow resulted in a towel and his hair catching on fire.

Jongin had laughed with that cute >_< face of his and tossed the damp towel in the trash, grabbing a pair of scissors from a drawer and moving toward Sehun.

"No don't cut it!"

"Relax, I know what I'm doing," Jongin smiled, softly running his fingers through the agitated male's hair, "you've been needing a haircut anyways."

And Jongin cut his hair and it really didn't look that bad.

Sehun snapped back to the present when he heard a loud crash in the kitchen and hyung laughing and screaming "Sorry!"

He wished Jongin was here now. No he didn't. Yes I do, no I don't. Sehun quickly gave up making a decision, and rolled around kicking his legs and shrieking whenever his face was pressed in the bed. Suddenly there wasn't a bed under his face but a floor, then he was facing the ceiling with nothing under his body except air.

He landed with a grunt right as the door flew open and the corner ran into his stomach.

"Owwww HyUUuunnNNNggg," he said with aegyo, girlishly hitting hyung's shins with his fist.

"What the hell are you doing on the ground?" he replied, simply stepping over Sehun's sprawled limbs and plopping onto the chair at the empty desk.

"Just observing the view."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

One of the boxes of mochi landed by Sehun's head and he gladly opened it, muttering a thanks and chewing.

"It's so empty here," Sehun muttered.

"Well you took practically everything with you," Jinki murmured, also savoring his mochi. "Almost like you were never coming back..."

"I almost didn't."

There was a short silence.

"Do you regret it?" Sehun asked, knowing his brother would know what he was talking about.

"What? You? Never," Sehun heard the smile in his voice.

He frowned, "What about finding out about me?"

It was quiet for a moment as they chewed some more. "If it could have been possible, I would have liked to have found out through your own words. But I can't change what happened. If I could though, I wouldn't. It happened to happen that way and it's over now. Nothing anyone can do about it. Except maybe get in a car accident and be diagnosed with amnesia like in those horrible dramas."

"Hopefully that doesn't happen, considering there's the chance of dying too," Jinki pondered.

"There's always a chance of dying," Sehun muttered. "But what about mom and dad?" Sehun sat up and crossed his legs, pressing his fingertips into the plush carpet and creating random patterns.

"What about them? Even though they're our parents, they have nothing to do with this."

"Kids! It's almost time for dinner," their mother called, opening the door a second later to find her two handsome sons, each with a half-empty mochi box. "Put those away and wash up okay?"

"Yes mother," they responded mechanically.

After washing his hands, Sehun walked into the dining room to find four extra sets of plates.

What's going on?" he questioned, pokerfaced as usual.

"There's-" the doorbell rang and he ran to get it. Sehun heard greetings in five different voices; His brother's, three females, and a male, then his parents-including his father's. Giving a warmer welcome to these people than to your son?

Sehun felt his anger rising as he faced the direction of the door. He didn't notice the quiet clicking sounds until it was very close and there was pressure on his socked foot. He looked down curiously and his eyebrows raised the tiniest bit at the sight of a medium sized, fluffy white dog stepping on him and his anger immediately dissipated.

"Waaaah~ pretty," he whispered, bending down and gently the soft, straight fur, "Sehun imnida...what's your name? Sangchu?" he read from the collar. "Chu chu chu~" he held Sangchu's paws and moved them up and down, while he tried to sniff Sehun's hands.

"I guess I have to be polite and greet the guests right?" he asked lazily, straightening his legs and back. I just won't greet them with a smile.

"Hello," he said quietly, bowing. He quickly took them in. A married couple and two girls, their daughters. His parents were hiding something from him. He could tell by the way his mother's smile turned disgustingly gummy, and how his father didn't look uncomfortable. His brother did the sorry sorry motion so noone but Sehun could see.

"This is our-" his father started, smile plastered on his face and arm extending toward Sehun, who shuffled subconciously toward him.

"My baby brother, Sehun!" Jinki said loudly, flinging his arm around his neck and slightly choking his protest about not being a baby, "and this is the Lee family, consisting or Mr. and Mrs., Eunji," the younger, girl raised her hand in a wave and sent him a sweet smile, "and this is Yejin." She smiled and waved enthusiastically. "My girlfriend," Jinki added. Sehun's head snapped toward his brother, who had retracted his arm and shifted his eyes uncomfortably, a slight blush appeared on Jinki's cheeks, and his smile turned awkward.

"How did you get a girlfriend? And such a pret-"

"He's very happy to meet you, shall we have dinner, it should be ready now right, mother?" Jinki cut in, hissing, "Shut up!" at Sehun.

Everyone moved away from the door, gathering around the dinner table. It didn't take long for everyone to be cofortably chattering and laughing.

"So." Yejin smiled somewhat mischeviously, "Sehun."

"Yes?"

"You got a girlfriend?"

His parents turned quiet and uncomfortable again, his brother laughed awkwardly again, but his own expression took on no change, courtesy of acting classes.

"Nope. I have to keep up with university work, extracurriculars, and I work in a bubble tea shop. I'm not so sure I could afford a girlfriend, with the bills and everything," he said smoothly.

"Oh? What's your major?" Eunji asked.

"I'm moslty focusing on acting and performing arts. What about you?" out of his peripheral vision he saw his father stab at his meat in annoyance. Being a baby because he doesn't approve of his sons' choice of careers.

"Huh. Singing. And performing. Mostly singing," Eunji smiled, "Yejin sings too."

"And Jinki sings," Sehun smiled back genuinely.

"We are," Jinki says in mock drama, "the performance generation."

"YAH! You liar you don't do performing arts at all-all you do is act and attempt at rapping! But you can't because of your ridiculous lisp!" Sehun coughed and fumbled in his pocket, ignoring Jinki's oboxious laughter, "And how dare you lie about a girlfriend?!"

he's not actually going to say it is he? Sehun's eyes widened in panic.

"You can't just forget about that Chinese 'morning deer' or whatever,"Jongin contintued.

Sehun finally got the phone to his ear. He hissed, "Goodbye Jongin."

"What you were the one that dialed me," Sehun could practically hear the scowl in his roommate's voice.

"Hey Jonginnie~" Jinki shouted into Sehun's phone.

"Hey Jink-" Sehun ended the call before the Idiots started a conversation.

"Excuse me Sehun that was quite rude. I was about to have a conversation with Jongin."

Sehun rolled his eyes and was about to snap at him when Eunji asked, "who was that?"

"My, uh, roommate. Kim Jongin," Sehun cleared his throat, "we've been friends for..."

"Years. Since childhood," Jinki said softly, fondly, then joking again, "So who's this Chinese deer?"

Sehun smiled, relieved to be off the topic of Jongin. He could feel the anxiety radiating from his parents. "Noone. Just a pretty customer/friend."

Everyone's done with the food, his mother insisted on staying in the kitchen and cleaning up by herself, but Mrs. Lee also insisted on helping. Their quiet laughter and chatter leaks past the doorway and around us. When they're done we just sit around the fireplace. The adults talk and the kids attempt to roast marshmallows in the fireplace the way Yejin instructs them too. She says she's learned from when she studied in America. Sangchu tries to eat the marshmallows sometimes, but can't because it'll make him sick. He settles for walking around and over them, randomly shoving his nose into people's ears and snorting, then walking away.

Sehun rubs his ear with his sleeve, attemting to clean out the dog snot. His phones buzzes and he checks the screen.

"Jongin says hello and Merry Christmas," he says loudly, slipping the phone back into his pocket, "and good luck with your university finals."

"So how close are you and Jongin-ssi? I mean to stay as friends and roommates even after high school," Mr. Lee asks with a smile.

"Pretty close. We fight a lot but it's never anything serious, just stupid things," Sehun answers in an atttempt to be vague.

"Oh? Like what? Girls right." Mrs. Lee smiles too.

"Mm no. Just like, who looks better, or makes better coffee, or who's better at sports. But I don't drink coffee so he usually wins that argument," Sehun smiles timidly.

"So then who looks better?" Eunji asks.

"Um I don't know. He says we're both pretty attractive, but that we can't anyone else for their opinion because people have their own preferences," he smiles a bit without realizing it, "he says he's like dark chocolate and I'm white chocolate."

"Well who gets more love confessions from girls?"

"When we see girls about to confess we run the other way. Bad experience involving lack of pants and firm rejections," he blushes a bit, remembering the exposure and humiliation, and how the freezing air wrapped around his bare legs.

"Lovely," Jinki mutters.

"Well maybe you and Eunji could spend some time together? You're both good looking, don't like confessions, and you're the same age," Sehun's mother suggested. He turned to look at her in slight shock.

"Oh yes, you'd look quite nice," Mrs. Lee says.

Jinki snorts, "he can't, he's gay."

"No he is not- he is confused and has been ridiculously influenced by that troublesome Jongin," his father spat, "and going on a few dates with Eunji-ssi will, without a doubt, fix him."

"So that's why I'm here? So you can set me up with my sister's boyfriend's little brother," Eunji said, dissappointed, "I've told you, my career is my priorty."

"To be honest, darling, we don't it's a very stable career choice. We're just looking out for you. A smart young man could help-"

"Oh my god you're arranging their marriage? What is this-if you haven't noticed we're not in the 1700's anymore!" Yejin stood, pulling Eunji up with her, "there's nothing wrong with being gay either. I was dressed as a guy in a homoual bar when I met Jinki, and there is nothing wrong with me for sometimes being male."

"Wait what," Sehun spluttered, holding back a laugh, unable to imagine the beautiful girl as a boy.

"What the hell were you doing in a gay bar Jinki?!" his father erupted.

"Um, looking for biy girls?" Jinki raised his eyebrows as if it were obvious.

"Jinki lets go," Yejin calls from the hall, "I'm so done."

"Wait someone tell me when exactly my life became some cheesy, horribly scripted drama," Sehun slowly stands up.

"You stay right where you are-we need to talk about what's wrong with you," his father snapped, "I think it's best if we see each other another time." His father bowed deeply, mouth set in a grim line.

The other parents rushed out and Sehun was left alone with silence and his father's words revolving around his head like dynamite. The flame in his heart threatened to ignite it.

"What's wrong with you what's wrong with you what's wrong with you what's wro-"

"What's wrong with me?" he asked quietly, glazed eyes focused on the ground before his parent's feet. When the larger pair of feet moved closer, his head slowly lifted to look at his parent's tortured faces.

"What's wrong with me?" he repeated, louder, "Umma?" he pleaded, "Appa please." He hadn't called them that in such a long time, the words felt foreign in his mouth. "I'm not any diff-"

"But you are," his mother said softly, face slightly horrified, "you're so, so different. It's like we don't know you."

"You do know me," Sehun's eyes stung and his vision was blurry.

"Not anymore we don't. We didn't raise our son to be like this," his father said firmly.

Sehun stood, lips slightly parted.

"We've decided," his mother whispered, "it's best if you leave."

"Permanently."

Suddenly there was a connection between his head and heart, and the fire caught onto the cable. Sehun abruptly turned and rushed to his room, snatching his unpacked bag and practically ripping it open, stuffing in the unfinished mochi box Jinki left.

"Along with his beloved baby brother, Sehun." he thought bitterly.

With quick, long strides he faced his parents again, squaring his shoulders. "Jongin also said he hopes you get better soon." he made his way to the door, ramming his feet into beat-up sneakers. He stood and faced the door, almost instinctively calling out Umma, I'm going out now! I'll be home soon~ 

He bit his lip, realizing that this would probalby be the last time he set foot in the house he had lived in since his parents brought him back from the hospital. The flame had climbed the cable, and Sehun was too close to it.

"You should have told me about being sick," he shouted, whirling around to glare at his parents down the hall, "I could have helped with bills or taking care of you or just around the house. You didn't ne-"

"Some things are better left unsaid," his father scowled at him, impatient for his ex-son to leave.

"No they're not! Not like this we were supposed to be a family but you-"

"You were the one that did this to us, Sehun!" his father shouted back, "you did this!"

"I don't have a choice!" Sehun screamed, shaking with the effort of holding back sobs.

"We saw you-you didn't need to come up to us and confirm it-"

"That's what people DO WE HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH OR WE EXPLODE!" Sehun screamed as loud as he could, needing to be heard and understood over the explosion in his head. He had a brief flash of nostalgia as he remembered watching an American cartoon where a coyote tried to blow up a roadrunner with Jinki.

"No you do NOT. JUST GET OUT OF MY HOUSE-YOU'RE DISGUSTING." his father advanced, quickly, angrily. His mother did nothing but cry weakly. Sehun took a step back, then turned and ran out the door. Some neighbors were curiously looking through their windows, but he ipaid them no attention and ran to the closest bus stop.

Back hitting the graffitied windows, Sehun let out a sob and slid down until he was sitting on the ground, curled in a ball. Of course he knew the buses wouldn't be coming anymore. The last one left not too long ago.

Wrapping his arms tightly around his legs, he let his forehead drop to his knees and let in a shaky breath, the cold air stinging his chest.

Sehun was tired. Closing his eyes for a bit wouldn't hurt.

❄ ❆ ✲ ❄ ❆

Jongin woke up more tired than before he had passed out, too mentally exhausted from studying and Sehun to take a shower or even change. He groaned and rolled around, trying to locate the blankets so he could burrow under them. Did that idiot pull them away from me in his sleep again? "Sehun," Jongin grunted.

No answer.

"Damnit," he mumbled, facing the cieling and shifting his weight onto his elbows. He whipped his head around, trying to locate any sign of his friend through narrowed, sleepy eyes. His phone is suddenly (and very obnoxiously) blaring "B-b-b-boy I miss you, baby oh oh oh~" a tone Jinki had set for himself.

"What!" Jongin snaps.

"I can't find Sehun," Jinki answers quickly, "it's a long, bad story and he hasn't been answering my calls. Is he there?"

"Um no. He's probably at someone else's place," Jongin grumbles,"or something."

"Or something."

"..."

"You know what just get the out of bed and help me find him," Jinki sighs, "I'm here."

"Can't you just-"

"Jongin! You up?" he hears the door slam shut.

"aejasifj,"

"Oh so you're dressed. Let's go."

"Noooo I don't wannaaaaa," Jongin whines childishly.

"Wow, look at all the s I give about what you want," Jinki drags Jongin up and pulls him toward the door and the cold, outside world.

"What a kind friend you are. Please no I don't want to go-" Jongin searches for the right word, "outside."

"My baby brother could be lying dead in an alleyway outside," Jinki says, "just help me for a little."

Jinki proceeds to drag him out by his collar, only stopping to let him slip on his shoes. In a few minutes, Jongin is outside on the streets of Seoul, being told by Jinki to call him if Sehun is found.

When Jinki pulls away, Jongin blinks for a second, then treks off toward Sehun's house. He couldn't have gotten too far, he thinks. Sehun's a bit on the lazy side, like himself. Proving his point to himself, Jongin hails a cab and is almost taken straight there when he sees a familiar bag sitting on the ground next to a slim figure curled in on himself. He yells at the driver to stop and turn the damn thing around like they do in dramas. The driver ignores him, waiting at the light to make a proper u-turn like a sane citizen.

"What kind of taxi driver are you," Jongin growls, fidgeting with everything in impatience.

"Um, one who follows laws? Like normal citizens?"

Jongin scoffs,"Normal taxi drivers don't actually follow driving laws."

Jongin shuts his mouth after telling him to wait, scrambling out of the car.

"Sehun?" Jongin cautiously walks up to the hunched figure with his friends bag, "Sehun!" he calls louder.

Sehun lifts his head, looking like Death had run him over a million times with a tricycle.

"Hey, come on," he says softly, squatting in front of him,"your lips are blue...ah you must be freezing. Come on," Jongin repeats, genlty wraps his arms around the silent boy and pulling him up. Sehun's body is limp and his skin is too cold for comfort. Jongin guides him to the waiting cab, setting him inside, running to grab the bag and back to the cab again. He gives the driver directions to their apartment and busies himself trying to warm up Sehun. After he's able to arrange his coat around their bodies, he shoots a quick text to Jinki and wraps as much of his upper body around Sehun as he can. He whispers a few comforting words to him and asks if he's okay, and after running out of words, he hums a song their friend Kyungsoo sings to his boyfriend Chanyeol to soothe him when he has nightmares.

The driver gets to their apartment quickly, and Jongin pays him with a high tip, muttering an apology and ushering Sehun inside to the warm apartment.

"Hey wash up okay? You're all wet from the snow," Jongin sighs, running his fingers through Sehun's hair, "Don't want you to get sick right before Christmas."

Sehun shakes his head no in agreement, but just stands there. Jongin smiles soflty, leading him to the bathroom and helping him remove the damp clothing from his numb body and running a bath. Not too hot, not too cold. He helps Sehun ease into the warm water and gathers his clothes, throwing them in a basket with others that needed to be taken to the laundromat in the basement.

"I'm going to do laundry okay? I'll be right back," when he gets no response, he pokes his head in the bathroom to see Sehun give a tiny nod. Jongin sighs and leaves, dragging the basket along with him.

When he comes back, the bathtub only holds water. He hears noise from their bedroom and sees Sehun in a clean pair of jeans, stuffing Jongin's clothes in his duffle.

"Sehun?"

"We need to get out. Can't stay here any more."

"Um alright? I'll take care of it," he takes out some boxes from under the mattress, "go put on some clothes; It's cold."

They finish packing quickly. Most of the things were already in the apratment, and they have few personal belongings anyway.

"So..where are we going to go?"

"My place of course," a voice says from the couch.

Jongin jumps, "What the hell?! Jinki?"

"You could have helped us pack," Sehun grumbles.

"Oh but you guys had it under control," Jinki smiles cheerily, "let's go!" He grabs the one large box and the younger boys carry their personal backpacks and duffles to dump them in the trunk of Jinki's car.

"I already took your bike to my place by he way," Jinki states, holding out Jongin's keys.

"You stole my back." Jongin scowls, snatching them from Jinki.

"Yes I did now get in the car."

They arrive at a nearly empty apartment with a couch and tv. After a bit of exploration, they discover some sheets for the queen sized mattress on the floor of the bedroom, a coffeemaker, pots, pans, plates, and utensils in the kitchen and towels and toilet paper in the bathroom shelves.

"Water and electricity work fine, there's that little closet at the back of the hallway and it has a washing machine and dryer and vaccuum, ad there's a little food in the fridge; It should last long enough for you to get groceries," Jinki says.

"Why are you leaving?" Sehun asks.

"He's going to live with me," Yejin suddenly appears, "my place is closer to our university. I'm going to do some grocery shopping with Jinki. You guys can freshen up and we'll talk okay?"

When they leave, Sehun announces that he'll be taking a shower, and Jongin arranges things in the bedroom. He doesn't hears splashes from the bathroom and goes to check, knocking softly before letting himself in.

Jongin leans over the tub and sees Sehun, slightly distorted  by ripples, hair floating prettily around his milky face. Suddenly, there's a tightness around his arm and he's lurching face-first into the water.

Jongin sits up, soaked and spluttering, "Damnit Sehun! What the hell?! Half the water got out and I'll have to clean it-"

"Then do it, instead of just staring at me," Sehun smirks a tiny bit. Jongin glares and climbs out clumsily, grabbing Sehun's head to keep himself steady and making him yell out nonsense.

He quickly peels off his clothes and ties a towel around his waist, grabbing a few more to mop up the mess. When he's satisfied, he wrings all the wet materials and throws them in the hallway. Then his towel magically frees itself from his waist and flies to join his fellow towels.

Jongin turns around, glaring at Sehun, who seemed to have drained the water and coaxed the faucet to the setting where they wouldn't be washing in ice or hell water.

"What. You undressed me," Sehun drawls, "just returning the favor."

He's about to turn and leave when Sehun tugs on his wrist, effectively pulling him into the shower with him. Jongin sighs in defeat and laces their fingers together, and they lean their foreheads against each other.

"Something happened." Jongin states.

"Yeah," he whispers.

When he doesn't continue Jongin brushes his lips over Sehun's, "will you be okay?"

"They disowned me," Sehun mutters angrily, pulling away, "how will I be okay?"

"Mm...I guess you won't," Jongin hums, moving to wash their hair, "these things take time. For me, it was inevitable when they found out I was gay. But I got used to it."

"Your parents disowned you?" Sehun asked in shock.

Jongin laughs with little humor, "No, there was a lot of fighting and stuff. A lot of the time it wasn't even fighting, just not acknowledging each others' existence. But my sisters, they like the family together, and they didn't mind my being gay. So they all ganged up on us and dragged us to family therapy."

Sehun scoffs, "and that worked?"

"Surprisingly yes," Jongin smiles, "because, I guess, they still loved me, they just didn't love that part about me. All they had to do was love that one part too and it was okay. It takes time of course." Jongin drags Sehun under the spray with him and they wash out their hair, squeezing their eyes shut tight and pressing their lips in tight lines.

"So..my parents don't love me enough to accept me," Sehun said slowly.

Jongin's eyes widen, "no! I didn't mean that I-"

"Oh but it's probably true right? Once they found out they stopped loving all of me," Sehun sighs and smiles a tiny bit, cockily, "but you love me?"

"No. I absolutely hate you." Jongin smiles and they kiss again, until there's a snowball effect and one of them ends up on their knees.

 

When they're dressed with towels slung around their neck, they walk out to the kitchen, finding both Jinki and Yejin with headphones in their ears at full volume. Sehun lovingly yanks out Jinki's when their attempts at conversation don't get through.

"Bubble bubble bubble pop bubble bubble pop pop-Sorry didn't know you guys were done," Jinki teases, "didn't really want to hear my brother getting off. Jongin you must be good with your mouth-or Sehun's just loud."

"Oh my god just shut up," Sehun smacks Jinki repeatedly and femininely when both of the younger boys blush.

"So you're Jongin?" Yejin eyes him, humming, "not bad."

"Yes this is my little brother's best friend who we caught making out with on the couch one day," Jinki explains, "we got you your present by the way." He suddenly whips out a fluffy white puppy out of thin air. "And I've missed half my classes looking for you so we'll be going now and I've arranged everything with the landlords. 'Kay bye~" Jinki quickly makes to leave with Yejin.

"Wait!" Sehun blurts out, cradling the puppy, "are you really a tranny?"

Yejin laughs, "no. My friend needed a wingman. For some reason it had to be an actual man so.." she shrugs," just dressed as one. Though, now I only wear your brother's shirts and jackets."

After they say their goodbyes and bows, Sehun utters,"thanks for the puppy hyung," and they leave the two boys and girl on their own.

"So how about some coffee?"

 

 

"You have to name it Chanyeol," Chanyeol states when Sehun pulls the puppy from his jacket, "if you don't I will shoot you. Oh! Name it Anonymous."

"Don't ing shoot my dog," Sehun hisses, "and I'm never naming anything Chanyeol. It'll make it morre susceptible to catch your Chanyeol-iness."

"Boo you ," Chanyeol pouts, "same orders?"

"Yessir," Jongin says, paying and dragging Sehun to their usual table in the corner. Jongin observes Unnamed while Sehun her head, tyring to keep her quiet.

"Here you go," Chanyeol says, placing their coffees on the table, along with a slice of green tea cake, "that's a demo. On the house-or whatever it is Americans say."

"Thanks," Jongin says, waiting for him to leave. Chanyeol still stands there and he raises an eyebrow.

"Okay I'll go but please just take Chanyeol Jr. into consideration?" Chanyeol pleads with an exaggerated expression, "it's the perfect name if not it should be Lady Gaga or Gaga because you know Sehun's got the whole pokerface thing going on and she's a bit eccentric so you know it totally fits an-"

"Just get out," Sehun says."

"Just consider it-"

"I considered it. No."

"What will you name it then?"

"Um I don't know...something girly? Queen? Princess? Are you a princess or a queen?" Sehun asks her.

Chanyeol makes a face, "you're tacky and I hate you," he calls over his shoulder, returning to his place behind the counter.

"I agree with him," Jongin teases.

"Maybe JJ. Because Yejin + Jinki is like JinJin? And J is the initial," Sehun rolls the idea around in his head.

"It's cute," Jongin murmurs and Sehun gives him that eye smile he loves.

"Or Gyeul. Because she's white, like winter."

"Pretty," Jongin has a strange look in his eyes and is looking straight at Sehun, who isn't sure if he's talking about the dog anymore.

"Stop staring and eat the cake," Sehun blushes, shoving a mouthful, "waaah! yummy~" he gives a thumbs up to Chanyeol, who does that creepy smile and nods.

"Feed me," Jongin opens his mouth for a bite.

"What? No, you're perfectly capable of feeding yourself."

"But I want you to feed me Sehun-ah~" Jongin whines and pouts.

"Fine," Sehun frowns holding out the spoon of cake and looking away when Jongin leans foreward to take it.

Sehun's phone rings and he digs it out of his pocket, leaving the spoon sticking out of Jongin's mouth.

From: Jinki

There's nothing wrong with you. You are perfect. Because you are related to me. Love you baby bro!

To: Jinki

Ew go away (luvu2 kthxbye)

 

They stay in the cafe for a few hours, squabbling and murmuring and whispering and kissing and smiling and supressing the random swelling in their chests that threatens to explode at the slightest smile.

 

 

(A/N): ok i'm done //crawls in hamster wheel n rolls until death

i'm tacky and i hate myself