Chapter Two; It Has Only Just Begun

Unnatural Selction





Taemin had explained why he was there and what C453Y was about, and was now sitting down on a worn couch in the entertainment room, with the shapeshifter in his trademark dog form laying next to him. Jonghyun sat on the love seat with Key, and Onew sat in the beat armchair across from them.

Everyone was awkwardly quiet, and averting their gazes to their oh-so-suddenly-fascinating footwear and the beaten rug woven into Aztec patterns.


Then Taemin's phone rang.


"Please excuse me for a moment..." He muttered and pushed himself of from the couch.

He walked into the grand hall, talking in a hushed tone.

"Yeboseoyo?"
"Agent Lee-007."
"I searched the perimeter. No possible threats in sight. Just really nice people, and four favorable super-n males. No suspects or threats in sight sir."
"Good," the voice said.
"Do not become attached. Lure them to HQ. Get their trust and bring them here. The war is near. Prophecy has predicted that the Evolution is soon to come."
"Yes sir."
With that, he hung up and put his phone back in the inside pocket of his pants before returning back to the room.
"Who was it?" the ghoulish leader asked.
"Uh, no one... Just a-"
"It was your boss," the werewolf said.
"Well, yeah. It was. He was just checking up on me."
The boy sat back in the couch, wearily looking into the amber flames of the cracking fire, and began analysing the various memorabilia and photos on the brick mantle. The shaggy haired dog lifted its head and crawled over to the boy, resting its head in his lap. The boy gently ran his hands through the soft, auburn fur unconsciously, petting the dog while looking at the emblem mounted on the wall.
It was late, and everyone was tired.

All the men sighed as the gleaming fire crackled.