The End

Black Christmas

I woke up, it was Christmas, I went to look outside the window. I was expecting a day with a bright sunshine. But no, it was dark like hell, I couldn't see anything. I looked at the clock, it showed strike at 7 a.m. Why are the skies black? It was freezing cold. I quickly ran to my closet and grabbed some more clothes. It helped me a bit but it was still cold. I thought it might be 3 degrees celsius out there. I decided to go out. I grabbed my jacket, scarf and put them on. I slowly walked towards the door silently, trying not to wake my parents up.

 
I opened the door slowly, I went outside. The city was silent. Where did all the people go? The shops should be open, the streetlights should be on too. I suddenly felt something behind me. I quickly turned around, but no one was there. The coldness shivered down my spine. I turned back and started walking towards the street again. I checked my watch, 8:30. Maybe I should go back home and check on my parents. I went back to my door and stepped into the house. I was about to go inside my parent's room when I suddenly heard the sound of crashing at the rooftop. I ran upstairs. I hurried up to the roof, but no one was there. Is my imagination turning wild or what?
 
I went into my parent's room again. It was empty, they are gone. Am I alone in the city? I decided to go out again. I grabbed my boots and stepped outside the door. I suddenly saw a light, it came from a shop. Maybe someone was inside. I need to find out why there are many people missing on the streets. I went towards the light. The shop was open. I knocked on the door. No one answered. I knocked on it again. Still, no one answered. Weird, why was the shop was still open when there was no one inside? I opened the door slowly and went in. I looked at the drawers. They're full of family pictures inside. I saw the people in the picture, smiling. Then I saw the background. It was snowy. Children were skiing and riding the sleds. I looked at the bottom of the picture. there was a date marked below. December 31, 2011. The picture must have been took last year. Last year's Christmas were very crowded. Gift shops were open, but why people have gone missing this year?
 
"Why are you here?" I don't know why, but I think I fainted. My sight just out. The next thing I knew is that I was lying on a bed. It was warm and cozy, I got up. The house was big. I heard people clapping downstairs. I heard someone playing a Christmas song.
 
You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town.
 
I went downstairs. I saw people dancing and singing along with the song. When people saw me. The music stopped.
 
"You're here, my dear." A woman said in the crowd, she was smiling at me.
 
"Who are you? Why am I here?" I asked.
 
"Darling, you still don't get it? You're part of us now. Look at the mirror."
 
I ran to the bathroom. I saw my reflection. I am not human. My skin turned purple. My nails was black. No, no. This is not happening. Christmas was turning into a disaster. I got out of the bathroom. People are still staring at me.
 
"Where are my parents?" I asked them.
 
"They're gone." A man said.
 
"Wh-what do you mean?"
 
"Don't you get it? Have you heard of the myth called ‘The Black Christmas'? It's today. People are killed, by creatures like us. The music again, but the lyrics are different.
 
You better look out, you better hide and cry, better not smile I'm telling you why, Christmas is turning into a nightmare, that's why.
 
The sentence kept on repeating over and over.
 
"You k-killed my parents. Would you kill me too?" I stuttered.
 
"Unless you agree becoming like us."
 
"No. I don't want to. I-" Before I finish my sentence, I quickly ran to door by door, but they are locked. All of them are coming towards me. The last thing I saw before I out, is blood, bleeding out of my forehead.