Angel

Angel Without Wings

 

 

“Kai, can you accept this give.  I made it by myself,” one girl gives Kai one cute cake.  Kai looks at me.  I nod my head to give him a signal that he needs to take the present.  The girls were excited when Kai take her give.  She runs to her friends.

 

“For you,” Kai give the cake to me.

“I can’t take this.  That girl gives it to you not me,” I push her hands.

“Just take this.  You know that I don’t eat cake,” he reminds me that he didn’t like to eat cake.  I remember when Kai throw up when the first time he taste a food named ‘cake’.

“Ohh…  I forgot about it.  I will accept this cake but not now.  You can give it to me when we’re back to the dorm.  That girl is still looking at you.  She might be angry when she sees that you give this cake to me,” I tell Kai.  Kai looks at the girl, the girl still looking at him while talking something about him to her friends.

 

“Let’s go,” he already walks to go to our class.  He stops walking and wait for me.  He smiles sweetly towards me.  That smile look really good.  Kai was too perfect to become human.  I think he needs to become himself rather than being as a human.

 

I was so shock when my hand suddenly becomes cold.  I look at my hand and I was become more shock when see Kai was holding my hands.  I try to let my hand go but Kai was holding my hand so tightly.  I only look down while we walking.  Some of the student were whispering to themselves when they see Kai and me where holding each other hands.  I feel really shy.

 


 

As usual, I walk and eat at the canteen alone.  Everyone around me where looking at me with their weird face.  And some of them where talking about me and Kai.  They didn’t believe that Kai will choose me as his friends.  I continue to eat my food and ignoring them.

 

Suddenly someone pour some water at my body.  All my clothes were wet.  I stand up and look at the person that makes this rude action.  I sigh.  I think I know why this girl was doing this crazy thing.  This girl was the same student that gives Kai a cake this morning.  She might become angry when she knew that Kai was holding my hands.  I was so scared.  The girls take my foods and throw it to the floor.

 

“Kai,” I call Kai’s name.

“You’re calling your boyfriend name?  I don’t think he will come and save you here,” the girl pushes me to the chair.  Everyone at the canteen was watching us.  I close my eyes.  I was too scared to look at her.

 

I want you to be brave.  I want you to protect yourself.  Don’t make anyone bully you anymore.  I hate to see you hurt.

 

I remember Kai’s word to me.  He always gives me some strength.  He said that I need to fight against the students.  I need defend myself.  I look at the girl.  She already glares at me.  She put her hands at the air.  Any minutes she will slap my face.  Before her hands touch my cheeks, I hold her hands tightly.  I pretend not to be scare.

 

“Let my hands go,” the girl struggle to take her hand go from my grip.  Without releasing her hands, I take my water and pour onto her body.  She squeals because she was shocked with my action.  I let her go and then I quickly go from the canteen.

 


 

I sit at my room with all my body were shaking.  My heart was pounding really fast.  I didn’t believe that I already become brave.  From now on nobody will bully me anymore.  I lay on my bed when somebody opens the door.  I smile when I see Kai entering my room.  I sit back at my bed and Kai sit beside me.

 

“Are you okay?” he asks.  I nod my head and give him a bright smile.

“Luckily you’re okay.  I’m afraid if something bad happen to you.  And I was so proud when you can protect yourself,”

“All of this happens because of you,”

“Me?  Why?” he looks at me.

“Yup, I become brave because you told me to.  I get some strength when I think about you,”

 


 

Tonight we were out and have some fun.  Kai bring me to one of best ice skating rink in Seoul.  The night scenery at the ice skating rink was so beautiful.  There were a lot of colourful menthol or light were hanging around the ice skating.  This is the first time I go to this place.

 

Kai teach me how to ice skate.  He laughs at me when I keep on fall at the ice skating rink.  He was so good in ice skating.  He can do anything that he wants.  Kai held my hands and ask me to follow him.  After 5 minutes, he asks me to go by myself.

 

A few seconds, I didn’t move from my place.  Then I take a small step further and luckily I didn’t fall this time.  I skate for one round before I went back to Kai.  From far I can see Kai was clapping his hands.  He smiles towards me.

 

“Oh my god!  I didn’t know how to stop this thing,” I say to myself.  My body keep moving towards Kai.  I hit Kai because I didn’t manage to stop moving.  We both fall hard at the ice skating.  I was so shy when my face was very near to his face.  I quickly stand up but I fall back because I lost control.

 

Kai was laughing very hard to see me fall again.  He helps me to stand up.  Suddenly I was hugging him because I didn’t manage to control my body.  I want to let go my body but Kai told me to stay still.

 

“Kai, everyone is watching us,” I tell him.

“Ignore them.  I like what I feel right now,” he hugs me more tightly.

“Do you know what I feel right now?” he suddenly asks me.

 

“I never thought that falling in love is actually fun.  I never thought that I would fall in love with a human.  In my world, all of us think that human were a bad creatures.  They like to destroy everything that they see.  But after I met you, you change my perception.  You make me believe that not all human were bad.  And one of the angelic human is you.  You are the angel without wings that so special to me,” he let go my body and held my hands tightly.  He looks straight to my eyes.

 

“Thank you because you already change my bad assumption.  And thank you because you give me a chance to love you,” I was so shock when I hear his word.  I didn’t know what to say and I just stand still and look at him.

 

Kai face slowly come closer to mine.  In a second his soft lips touch mine.  I was to shy.  I close my eyes and respond to his kiss.  We were kissing in the centre of the ice skating rink.  We didn’t care about people around us.  This was the special night for me.

 


 

“If I don’t stay here with you anymore, I want you to take care yourself.  I want you remember every moment that we did together.  I want those moments will be the best moment and the best memories in your life.  And the important thing is that I don’t want you to forget about me,” he remind me when he accompany me to the bed.

 

“Why you say this sad thing?  I hate when I hear about it,”

“How’s know what going to happen tomorrow.  I also didn’t know anything about tomorrow.  I just want to remind you before I go,” he smiles to me.

“But you knew that I hate to hear anything about farewell,” I put my hands on top of his hands.

 

“Okay.  Okay, I’m sorry.  But you must promise me that you will remember it,” he show me his pinkie finger.  He wants me to promise him that I will not forget everything about what he already says.  I put my pinkie finger to his finger.  One promise already made by me and Kai.

 

“Quick, go to sleep,” Kai cover my body with blanket.  Kai treat me like a little kids.

“How about you?  You don’t want to sleep?” I ask him when he still sits beside me.

“I’ll sleep after I watch you sleeping,”

“What?  You want to watch me sleep?  You make me feel very embarrass,” I say to him.  He just smiles to me.  I didn’t fall asleep and I keep looking at his face.  I keep thinking what happen to his body.  When we were hug at the ice skating rink, his back feel really weird.  Its feel something already changes.  What happen to his wings?

 

“Do you want me to sing a song?” I nod my head.  He started to sing.  I feel like I’m in heaven when I hear his voice.  His voice was so melodious.  I slowly fall asleep.  When my eyes were nearly close, I saw a white bright light appear at Kai position.

 


 

I rummage all the things inside my room.  I search for Kai’s belongings but I didn’t see any single things.  I run towards the warden’s room and ask her about Kai.

 

“Who is Kai?” I was so shock when she didn’t know anything about Kai.  She said that all that happen to me and Kai might be just a dream.  What kind of dream that will feel so real?  I go back to my room and I sit at my bed.  I started to cry when I look around my empty room.

 

There’s no Kai!  There no Kai’s stuffs.  Because it already more than one year I live with him.  I feel really lonely when Kai is not around.  Where did he go?  Why he leave me alone?  I open a drawer near my bed.  My tears where falling even worst when I look at the pictures.  There only me in the pictures.  Kai is not in the pictures.  I was so sad when there only a bright light that replace Kai in the picture.

 

All that happens between me and Kai was not a dream.  It’s real!  But why he disappears?  I walk to the door when someone knocks it.  There’s no one standing at the door and there were one white box.  I pick that box and sit at the chair.  I open the box and there were a letter with nice handwriting written on it.

 

My Love,

When you read this letter means I'm no longer on your side.  You must feel really shock and sad when I suddenly disappear.  I’m sorry.  I have to leave you alone because I need some times to change my appearance.

 

I not regret to fall in love with you.  It was the best thing that has been happen to my life.  I was so happy to meet you.  The first time I see you I knew that you are not same with others human.  That moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing.  I closed my eyes repeat in case it would be a dream.  You were standing in front of me.

 

You asked me brightly where I came from to your side.  And I told you that it was a secret

Wherever we walk together or whenever we doing fun things together, it will be paradise.

 

You were so different with others.  You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael. 

Who would remember you, I will not forgive it.  

 

I always want to protect you.  So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love with you.  As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind, even though people turn their backs to you.  But I can’t.  I’m sorry because I can’t protect you forever. 

 

I have told you before that I want to change myself into human.  And because I want it really bad, I was punish and send to this world.  I need to face so many stages or process before I turn into human.  I thought that I can face all the process but I’m not. 

 

Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness is you.  You are my eternity.  I want you to wait for me just like you already promise to me.  Just wait until I’m coming back to you.  I love you.

 

-Kai-

 

I look inside the box and there were a single white feather.  I take the feather and crying really hard.

 


 

It has been three years since the day Kai leave me.  I read the letter every day.  It was the best treasure in my life.  I think and remember our memories every day.  Those memories give me strength to continue my life.

 

I already move from my old place and have my new life.  At this place, people around me treating me like their own family.

 

I still wait for Kai.  I will wait for him not for only ten years or hundreds year.  But I will wait for him forever.  I know one day Kai will be back just like his promise.

 

“Delivery for you,” auntie that live in front of my house handed one white box to me.  It was the same box that Kai give me.  I open the box and there were one white feather inside the box.  I was shock and I quickly run to the auntie.

 

“Auntie, who give this box to you,”

“One handsome man gives it to me,”

“Where did he go?” I ask her again.

“He went to that direction,” she pointed at the end of the road.

 

I quickly run to the end of the road.  I hope that man was him.  I hope he was Kai.  When I arrive at the road I only saw the white bright light.  It was the same bright light that I remember before I fall asleep three years ago.  I smile because I know that Kai always beside me and he want me to wait for him a little bit more.  I will wait for the day Kai come back and see me.