The First Sight of Love

The Forgotten Prince

My father drove me to my now new school, to be honest, I hate it. Period. The school earn a good reputation that was what my Mom told me for the last time as she argued about attending a Catholic School. With my confidence crumbled and the feeling that your heart might pop out of your chest, I try to stand and made my way through the new school I'm going to spend for 4 damn years studying alone in this weird school. As my father wish me good luck on my first day.

 

As I enter the school, i got the feeling of an old Spanish era of Padre's and Madre's that whip their students whenever they disobey the rules or just simply being idiota. The school has a scary population of 1,000 students from freshmen to senior level students. The school still has its first ever classroom - way from the time when the school is barely starting - that was a small chapel turn to classroom during weekdays. Today, the chapel before is now a Parish besides the school.

 

"Wow" you thought to yourself. "What a creepy school, I bet a lot of ghost stories had scared most the students in this school"

 

As I walk, inside the walls of this institution I kind of feel a very strong paranormal feeling. Well, forget about that I'm not here to feel Goosebumps all over my body. I just want to have a nice memory of this first day of school.

 

While waiting for the program to start, you an intentional reminisce the good memories you have before Grad day at your old school.

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

"Are you going to study in the National High School too, just like Daisy [fic]?" Alvin [fic] asked you seriously, after class was dismissed.

 

"I wanted too but mom won't let me attend to that school. Why did you asked?" you said.

 

"Why is he asking? He look so serious. Does he going to continue teasing me about him liking me??" you thought to yourself as you stare to his cute face.

 

"Ummm..." he said as he turned his face back to the board.”Be~because if you do... then I will attend high school in Nat. High too. "

 

"Huh?!" you we're shocked as you heard this coming from him. "Wake up, Hannah! This might be a joke." you thought while you shook your head.

 

"Why are you like that? Are you the only one allowed to attend that school? I can do it too. I pass all my subject and study hard just like you and Daisy so, by any chance, if luck is with me then I can also pass the entrance exam and attend same school " he said as he clean the board.

 

"Well... I was just curious, why are you angry at?"

 

"Nothing..." he said, as he took his things from his chair and gone out of the classroom.

 

You watch him walk out of the classroom as you gather all your things to your little arms, and headed out to go home. Suddenly while you are walking towards the school gate you saw Alvin running towards you.

 

He stop in front of you and said in a blur, "I like you" with heavy breath he kiss you in your cheek and run back outside to catch his bus that is leaving at the moment.

 

[END FLASHBACK]

 

"What a life?! Now I understand the saying: Life is so unfair," you said to yourself as you snort and endure the feeling of frustration because you didn't get what you want.

 

You thought, "why are the older people decides what's best for you when they are not the one who's going through the consequences of all their decisions, I HATE IT!" you fussed your anger, and glare to the person speaking in front of the stage.

 

"I hate this school; I'm not a bad girl. Why do they want me to attend in this school full of delinquents, who needed guidance more than a strict Nun. That all she might have knew is to discipline students who won't obey what she wants. She might not even know most students disobey them not because they are just bad but because they don't adults in their decisions anymore.

 

You rant all your accusations and complains the whole time during the School Directress welcoming speech for all freshmen of the school year, when suddenly you discovered that you we not the only person not listening to the person in front but most of your sunbae~nims whom just arrived and most of them we're just stand at the back, we're talking to one another and are just noisy.

 

 You realized that most of the old students just don't care; they didn't even wear their school uniform even though they are not exempted in not wearing the school uniform in the first day of class. While staring at the crowd of students, you found quite alot of distinction or difference in every group of people crowding the full gymnasium. You find it interesting since it is a school with very strict rules and there are disciplinary actions needed if one of the students disobeys even one rule.

 

As you observed your sunbae~nims, you saw this guy walking towards the gym.

 

You told yourself "another late?!" He look like he own the place, walking like nothing happen and you realized that, you are not the only one staring, most of the old students stare at him like an actor just arrived in the scene. 

 

And then, someone put an arm on his shoulder, just like him he has an aura that he owns the place and doesn't care if someone stares at them. They talk and laugh at the same time. Since you are far away from the walk way they are located, you can't even hear what they are talking about so, you just stare at them as they made there way to the cafeteria that is beside the gymnasium.

Soon as the programs finish they asked us to group ourselves according to the school we came from. I found out that some of the freshmen came from my old school. Before I could acquaint with them, I look around for him - "We're is he? Is he gone?"  i asked myself - and couldn't find him anymore, it’s like I just dreamed of him while I listen to the program. “hmmmpp… Well, Hannah just forget about him and focus on what’s in front” I told myself as I got close to them.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted everyone in my group and introduced myself.

“Nae ileum-eun Hanna ibnida.” I told them and gesture myself so they can introduce themselves.

The first one to spoke is Jimboy [fic] Oppah, followed by his best friend Argie and lastly Lovely – Argie’s old classmate back in our school. They we’re all shock to found that we only have ourselves and envy others who came from other school who found a lot of schoolmate before and became school mates again when we all enter high school. Some of them are also classmate before that is why they we’re so noise and excited to be acquainted again in this school.

I found out later that Jimboy oppah – I called him oppah since he is older than us for a year - was my old classmate when I was in 5th grade.

“Jimboy oppah, you know, you are so familiar to me. Like we have been classmates before too.” I asked him curiously.

“Really?!” he said, shocked that I asked him curiously. “I didn’t remember you at all.”

“Maybe you have a long lost twin brother bro?!” Argie added to our some talk and laugh at us.

“No, I’m serious!” I said eagerly.

“Really?!” he said, “Then what grade do you think you and my bro here had been classmate before?”

“Ahhhmmm….” I thought for a second. “I’m not really sure but may I know who's your instructor when you’re in 5th grade?”

“Mrs. Burn, the dinosaur math teacher in our school. Why?” Oppah answered me with curious eyes.

As I thought, I was right, he was my classmate before.

“I told you, you we’re so familiar to me. We we’re classmate back then.” I said happily to him.

“Seriously? I really didn’t remember. Jeongmal joesong haeyo [I'm really sorry]” he said apologetic to me, as he realized, he didn’t just actually didn’t recognized me but totally erased that memory he had when we we're 5th grade before. He told us that he was bullied by our classmate every time he comes in to class, that is also reason he didn’t come in to class ever and just attends when its exam time. He said he hides in his mother classroom most of the time so that our instructor won’t find out about him being absent again. [His mom is also a teacher in 3rd grade.] 

“I’m really sorry, oppah. You suffered so much because of my friends.” I said feeling sorry to him. “You should have told me so I can defend you.”

“I don’t think that is a good idea, you see they are bigger and I’m 5’4” already” he said cowardly, admitting to us that oppah was really scared to them.

“I don’t mind, they are my friends I can deal with them, and we stick together because we want to pass. So, if I told them to stop doing that, they will, since they needed me than i needed them.” I told him proudly.

“So, can we expect you to help us pass the high school years too??” Argie and Lovely asked me with their puppy eyes.

“Aigoo, then you should pray that we will be together for 4 years.” I told them holding a laugh.

The chitchat and laughing was cut short when the head instructor told us to find our respected classrooms and sections in the board provided in front. We found our names listed in one section and was happy that we will spend our 1st years in high school together.

The next few hours of that day was spent inside the classroom, it was boring since we needed to introduce ourselves one by one in front. We needed to tell everyone the school we came from, hobbies, likes and dislikes and whatnot.

Spending time inside the classroom made me feel frustrating in a lot of things.

First, because my new friends technically positioned far from me since we we’re arranged alphabetically. Second, I haven’t have any idea who he was, the guy who look like every girl in the campus will do everything they can to date Handsome ajusshi. And lastly, I was shocked to know I was actually qualified to be part of section B. "Well, omma will be happy for this though" but in my opinion, it means i'm part of the nred people and that most us might be not cool at all "Where's the fun in there??" thought to myself as I digest every info our instructor gave us.

Luckily, the day ends with no stress and no pressure from our new instructor. as she said this things to us “I supposed you have notice our section, all of you had been screened and instructed that students who didn’t make the first top 30 will be attending another exam for your 2nd year level to be included in A2. To thus, who didn’t plan to belong there, no need to attend the extended exam. No pressure will be applied to each and every one” she said after a long introduction from us. “You can do anything you want, just make sure you pass the 1st year exam for the whole semester and there are two semester exam to give you all enough time and no big pressure to study” she continued. “Now, good luck to every one of us as the 1st semester will start tomorrow, you all will also be introduced by all your instructors in each subject tomorrow with their first day of classes.” And she signal all of us to stand and bow.

“Good Bye everyone, see you all tomorrow again and lastly, no late for tomorrow, okay?” she told us in authority. “No buts okay?!” and she continue us she left us.

“Omo!! Ahhh! We are so lucky with our instructor, she was so nice” a girl said who we're seated at my back.

And very vulgar” I added in my thought as I stretch my body.

After a while everyone says goodbye to each of us and we all left our new classroom.

“She’s pretty, don’t you think?” Argie asked me suddenly when we all walk towards the gate.

“Who?” I asked while looking around like an idiot. We we’re at the entrance walk way already this time, seeing the buildings around us. I memorized them so I won’t get lose and also looking for him, if ever he pass by.

“Our instructor, who do think I was talking? And who are you looking for?” asked Argie as he followed me with Jimboy oppah and Lovely following us behind.

“Nothing. I didn’t know you were talking about her. Anyway, I think we will have a great year, hearing what she said to us a while ago. I don’t think this will be hard for all of us.” Remembering, how our instructor told us, she was cool with everything we can give for now. “She was so thoughtful towards us.” I told myself more of the fact that she was so nice to us.

 After I said goodbye to Argie and the others, I hurried to get home much earlier.

At home my omma ask me about school which I said it was cool except for the fact that I don’t like the strict rules. But omma didn’t say anything about it and just said “Great!” to me with a big hug. I know what she was thinking; she thinks the school is growing in me, like it will be. “Keep your dreams your own mom” I told myself and just drag myself to my room to have peace of mind.

After dinner, I just lock myself inside my room to have a goodnight sleep.  But before my lids could close, I found myself thinking about that guy.

Who was that guy?” I told myself over and over. “Maybe he was a celebrity or a heart throb or whatever. I don’t care anymore” I thought, irritated about myself think of him. “Stop it Hannah! You can’t think of him anymore, he will never notice you, ever.” I told to myself but I’m not sure whether myself will listen or not though.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhh.... yes!!! already finish my first chapter...

i'm really sorry for the long chapter but I actually made it long so i can write more of Kim Hannah's thoughts..

Don't worry I will introduce everyone... okay...

I'm sorry if I disappoint you though... I'm really sorry...

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment.... thank you in advance....

XOXO