The Bet

The Bet

"Lets be really close to each other then," He held out his hand and had a smile on his face. Close? A price to pay for such a man, you thought to yourself. You began to shake his hand, frowning at a lost bet that he had won. 

"Come over tonight, and I'll give you the details on what you will be doing." He said. His brown eyes kept scanning up and down your body until he was snapped back into reality by the sound of your voice.

"Excuse me, but I need to go." You mummbled.

"Come around eight, my little toy." He quickly brushed past you into the brick building to a group of friends that waited anxiously on him.

You began to predict what tonight's events were going to be. You and him had made a bet on who was a better dancer, and you had lost to his iness towards the girls.

Damn these people, you thought. An ice cold breeze snapped you back into reality. Keep yourself together, ______, he's not gonna hurt you, alright?

Everything was zoned out of your head but him, and what he's gonna do. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The afternoon came sooner than you expected; the day came and went. As you walked towards your locker, you noticed a group of boys barricading it.

"Excuse me, can you move out of the way?"

They all looked at you, and each of them hid something behind their back. "Your name is ________, correct?"

"Yes, and I need to get to my locker, so if you don't mind."

"Master Rain wanted us to give a message to his new mistress," He said smiling. He pulled out an object from behind his back. It was a red rose. "A rose from the inside of his heart."

Another boy with long hair walked forward after you accepted the lovely rose. He reveals a purple rose from behind his back.

"A purple rose for the dark intensions of the night." He whispers into your ear.

Accepting the rose, your cheeks began to burn with the thought of "dark intensions."

There was an awkward silence before another boy walked up to the front of the group. He pulled out a long thin box with a red ribbon tied into bow.

"A lovely outfit required for tonight's dinner." He said. You placed the roses ontop of the box and took it from him.

The last boy stepped forward with the same size box, but with a purple ribbon tied into a bow. A small envelope was taped onto the side of the box. "I'm not saying it." He mummbled.

He placed the box ontop of the other, which you held. All of them bowed their heads and walked in the direction away from you. You were grateful that no one else was in the hallway.